Why our students need to step up....

I'm going to be a student this year, and I can tell everyone that I will be crazy at every game. I don't care what I have to do to help the team, but I will do anything. I can't wait! But to the top of this subject, I really hope that our students don't act like Maryland or other schools. They are just bush, though they do get into the games. There is plenty of other ways to get into the games besides that imo.

that first Wisconsin video is just ridiculous. It's one thing to yell something like Husker Power...but when fans are yelling f#*k You-Eat sh#t back and forth. It still is a family atmosphere.

I'm the last person to say anyone shouldn't cuss, but when there are kids around or conservative families it gets to be just moronic and I don't think little kids should be hearing stuff like that.

Gotta agree with you benny....I'm really not interested in hearing cursing. You can be extremely loud and not have to curse,......That Wisconsin bit made me feel like I was at an old early 1980's NHL classic Ranger/Devil game.

I'm going to be a student this year, and I can tell everyone that I will be crazy at every game. I don't care what I have to do to help the team, but I will do anything. I can't wait! But to the top of this subject, I really hope that our students don't act like Maryland or other schools. They are just bush, though they do get into the games. There is plenty of other ways to get into the games besides that imo.

Be a leader by example, take off your shirt and waive it in the air...........then encourage the girls to do the same. C'mon, do it for the Huskers...... :hellloooo:lol:

that first Wisconsin video is just ridiculous. It's one thing to yell something like Husker Power...but when fans are yelling f#*k You-Eat sh#t back and forth. It still is a family atmosphere.

I'm the last person to say anyone shouldn't cuss, but when there are kids around or conservative families it gets to be just moronic and I don't think little kids should be hearing stuff like that.

Gotta agree with you benny....I'm really not interested in hearing cursing. You can be extremely loud and not have to curse,......That Wisconsin bit made me feel like I was at an old early 1980's NHL classic Ranger/Devil game.

:yeah For me there's a big difference in rooting for and motivating the Huskers and demeaning the opponent. I'd rather have opponent fans think Lincoln is a great place to visit than that the students are base morons and they'd rather not visit. Leave all the crap to the Colorado students who got kicked out of the stadium a couple years back. NU doesn't need that kind of reputation.

:yeah For me there's a big difference in rooting for and motivating the Huskers and demeaning the opponent. I'd rather have opponent fans think Lincoln is a great place to visit than that the students are base morons and they'd rather not visit. Leave all the crap to the Colorado students who got kicked out of the stadium a couple years back. NU doesn't need that kind of reputation.

It has taken generations of fans to build the reputation for NU having great fans, (like clapping for the opponent after the game) don't be the D bag that messes up that tradition and makes us look like run of the mill sCUm fans, its beneth us.

I understand what you are saying....but you are at a college football game where the students have been drinking from the night before, the adults have been tailgating for how many hours, and....it is a hell of a time. I was at a Gophers hockey game and it was absolutely crazy in the "family" section. As a parent I guess you have to explain that it is going to happen and that it is not appropriate to use the language. If it is too offensive, don't bring your kids....

Maybe BC can challenge the students to be loud and proud of the Huskers!!!! I hope the students go insane during the USC game and let them know they are at one of the best stadiums in the nation!!!!

he better not pull a Hawkins though,--http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdcYoljrw4w

that s$%t made me laugh but it wouldn't be cool BC said it about another team

I understand what you are saying....but you are at a college football game where the students have been drinking from the night before, the adults have been tailgating for how many hours, and....it is a hell of a time. I was at a Gophers hockey game and it was absolutely crazy in the "family" section. As a parent I guess you have to explain that it is going to happen and that it is not appropriate to use the language. If it is too offensive, don't bring your kids....

Maybe BC can challenge the students to be loud and proud of the Huskers!!!! I hope the students go insane during the USC game and let them know they are at one of the best stadiums in the nation!!!!

he better not pull a Hawkins though,--http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdcYoljrw4w

Wow....ummm........ :wtf Some one needs to make sure he is taking his meds.

I still stand by my claim made months ago that you are a true idiot.

I have to agree with maryland Husker about the Penn State game a couple years back.There were some nice people around before the game, and we enjoyed the pregame partying downtown, but once it appeared they could and probablly would win the game, they basically, across the board, turned into a swarm of a** holes.I was with two teenage daughters, a sister, and a sister in law,and I continually felt a responsability to protect them, and their honor, as we were threatened, and mocked with vulgarity.Now, I didn't see one person who was doing it that I wasn't pretty sure I could have given a beat down, but the problem was there were 90,000 of them, and I'd have gotten tired.We left with a few minutes left, felt glad to be out, and would NEVER go back.Their public apology was from the president, in both the World Herald, and Lincoln paper, but it meant squat to me.

On a different subject, Nebraska fans cordial reputation has slipped in the last couple years as well, and some of the things I've heard and seen as recentlly as the Big 12 game in KC lead me to wonder how long we'll be being complimented as great fans.It's too bad people think they have to drink as much as they do to enjoy a game or a roadtrip, because they just get stupid.

this will be my 4th year as a student, and everyone except for a select few stand the entire game. I hardly ever hear or see any other section even stand up unless the north gets up for a goal line situation. Could the students be louder, yeah, but I don't think the students are underachieving. I hate pointing fingers at other fans. Many times I hear other students saying it sounds like we are the only ones making any noise except for the tunnel walk or touchdowns. I think we are fortunate to have the atmosphere we do have, and although I wish more of the stadium would get into and stay into the whole game, I am still plenty happy with our crowd. It is one of the only streaks we still have going for us.

this will be my 4th year as a student, and everyone except for a select few stand the entire game. I hardly ever hear or see any other section even stand up unless the north gets up for a goal line situation. Could the students be louder, yeah, but I don't think the students are underachieving. I hate pointing fingers at other fans. Many times I hear other students saying it sounds like we are the only ones making any noise except for the tunnel walk or touchdowns. I think we are fortunate to have the atmosphere we do have, and although I wish more of the stadium would get into and stay into the whole game, I am still plenty happy with our crowd. It is one of the only streaks we still have going for us.

I don't disagree with you that your loud and the anchor of the crowd. But are you creative? No. Are you spontaneous? No. Do you have people around the country talking about you? No. That's my problem. You guys are average, nothing special. Just plain and simple average. When people around the country talk about great student sections Nebraska is never ever even close to being mentioned. If we wouldn't let our footbal program become average, why should we let our student section remain average. So I say, "Step it the F up". Be loud, be fearful, be creative, be crazy but most importantly....be fresh and above average....

On a different subject, Nebraska fans cordial reputation has slipped in the last couple years as well, and some of the things I've heard and seen as recentlly as the Big 12 game in KC lead me to wonder how long we'll be being complimented as great fans.It's too bad people think they have to drink as much as they do to enjoy a game or a roadtrip, because they just get stupid.

Yea I sat above the OU band (which was really annoying) but before the game a bunch of people were throwing the snow from their seats on them, plus whatever trash they had. I thought then that they would be the loud and fun people at the game, but about five minutes into the game they were too cold and drunk to even make any noice, it really disappointed me.

Yea I sat above the OU band (which was really annoying) but before the game a bunch of people were throwing the snow from their seats on them, plus whatever trash they had. I thought then that they would be the loud and fun people at the game, but about five minutes into the game they were too cold and drunk to even make any noice, it really disappointed me.

Yeah I hate to say it but its probably best that Alcohol doesnt get served at games otherwise there would be fans that are just as bad as sCUm fans which would totally ruin our reputation. I saw at the Cotton Bowl people were piss a$$ drunk and making idiots of themselves.