Purify's legal issues

OK...I've decided...Purify tells Callahan his 'alcohol' sob story, swears it won't happen at least until his dog loses to Vicks', dedicates himself to never owning a Gold Mercedes with those stupid rims that throw up sparks and attracts the cops, promises he won't ever live in the L.A. metro area, pleads no contest, demands that all of his ex's live on the ground floor to eradicate 'stair dragging' issues, waves at the convenience store instead of doing the Heisman robbing, bypasses all parked cars, suspends himself from all jr. high flag football games who may or may not have a pimply kid talking enough trash to get plowed over with a car, gets tons of community service and probation, gets a 2-game suspension. You heard it here first, folks.

Purify, you are about to get a gift...anyone here can sense that...but the edge between success and prison is VERY VERY narrow right now...maybe the blackish shade of gray of colors...time to determine what's more important. I hope you've learned the lesson...the next one is how irrelevant the style in which you pick up the bar of soap in the shower. Think you're immune because you're a Husker? :hmmph Sorry, there's a few of you under my watch.

OK...I've decided...Purify tells Callahan his 'alcohol' sob story, swears it won't happen at least until his dog loses to Vicks', dedicates himself to never owning a Gold Mercedes with those stupid rims that throw up sparks and attracts the cops, promises he won't ever live in the L.A. metro area, pleads no contest, demands that all of his ex's live on the ground floor to eradicate 'stair dragging' issues, waves at the convenience store instead of doing the Heisman robbing, bypasses all parked cars, suspends himself from all jr. high flag football games who may or may not have a pimply kid talking enough trash to get plowed over with a car, gets tons of community service and probation, gets a 2-game suspension. You heard it here first, folks.

Purify, you are about to get a gift...anyone here can sense that...but the edge between success and prison is VERY VERY narrow right now...maybe the blackish shade of gray of colors...time to determine what's more important. I hope you've learned the lesson...the next one is how irrelevant the style in which you pick up the bar of soap in the shower. Think you're immune because you're a Husker? :hmmph Sorry, there's a few of you under my watch.

you need to post more Foppa, you kill me with the stuff you come up with

are you a prison somewhere?

Two games...sorry whether its right or wrong Purify is a game changer (A&M), and his talents will be needed on Sept. 15. Lets be clear BC's job is at least percieved to be in jepordy this season over winning the big ones, again right or wrong. IMO a 2 game,"Bobby Knight" tolerance, and community service is enough for a 21 year old kid who can choose between a pro contract or jail right now. Given the right guidence and direction this could turn his life around, and I hope it does.

Two games...sorry whether its right or wrong Purify is a game changer (A&M), and his talents will be needed on Sept. 15. Lets be clear BC's job is at least percieved to be in jepordy this season over winning the big ones, again right or wrong. IMO a 2 game,"Bobby Knight" tolerance, and community service is enough for a 21 year old kid who can choose between a pro contract or jail right now. Given the right guidence and direction this could turn his life around, and I hope it does.

This sounds about right, given the infractions. Bar fight—drunken driving. Serious stuff, but things many of us may be guilty of in years past.

This sounds about right, given the infractions. Bar fight—drunken driving. Serious stuff, but things many of us may be guilty of in years past.

Thank you, honesty is a virtue.......

My guess is that he'll miss the first two games for sure. I'd be surprised if he missed all the non-conference games, but it would be a big statement by Callahan if he did, and I wouldn't argue against it.

His offenses - bar fight and drunk driving- are both deplorable, but he hasn't stolen anything, put anyone in a hospital, or been found with illegal drugs. 2 Games might be acceptable as punishment, especially considering one of those games is against the defending ACC champions.

I don't know what Cally said to Mo after the bar fight, but I would imagine it involved something about staying out of trouble from that point on. So what does Callahan say this time? One more mistake and your done seems to be the most appropriate.

My guess is that he'll miss the first two games for sure. I'd be surprised if he missed all the non-conference games, but it would be a big statement by Callahan if he did, and I wouldn't argue against it.

His offenses - bar fight and drunk driving- are both deplorable, but he hasn't stolen anything, put anyone in a hospital, or been found with illegal drugs. 2 Games might be acceptable as punishment, especially considering one of those games is against the defending ACC champions.

I don't know what Cally said to Mo after the bar fight, but I would imagine it involved something about staying out of trouble from that point on. So what does Callahan say this time? One more mistake and your done seems to be the most appropriate.

Agreed.

Two games...sorry whether its right or wrong Purify is a game changer (A&M)

It's true that he's an impact player on offense, but if USC were the second game, would you say he should miss one game? How much time he misses *must* be totally independent of his talent as a player. If some 5th-string redshirt freshman got into this trouble instead of Purify, would it not matter how much time he missed just because he'll likely never see the field anyway? That's a horrible statement on our program.

A team is stronger than any individual player. Now, maybe two games *is* the right amount of punishment, but if it is, it shouldn't be because we're playing USC next or because Purify is such a WR talent.

Did Bob Stoops say last year, "Oh shoot, I don't have any QB depth...maybe Bomar should get a light punishment." No...these things happen, the players need to get their fair judgment independent of playing ability, and other guys need to step up in their absence.

I think he'll miss the Nevada game, and not start against Wake, but play a little. Then either start, or play most of USC, and be starting by Ball State.

Agree. I think BC will suspend him a game OR two and put him as a cellar dwellar of the depth chart and make him work his way up, even though we all know it wont take much for him to prove himself, and then he WILL be back for USC end of story. He gets into one ounce of more legal trouble or team violation and he is gone.

I find it interesting you bring up illegal drugs. In the eyes of the law, drug offenses are minor compared to alcohol DUI's. Someone can be hopped up on whatever drug is their choice and drive a car and get a slap on the wrist. Drive a car after a few beers, and it's like the end of the world. Never did understand this.

The bar fight was stupid, but it probably only warranted a probationary period with the team and no games or practices missed. DUI by itself should probably only be a 1 or 2 game suspension. However, I don't know what he should get for doing both in such a short amount of time. I guess we have to look at the "what if" scanario. The bar fight really isn't that out of the ordinary. The DUI could have meant 20+ years in jail if he'd have had a wreck and killed someone. I remember Farley getting a DUI and TO suspending him, but I don't remember how many games he missed other than the Arizona State game.

It's not that Purify has done anything horribly wrong or out of the ordinary for student athletes. It's the fact that he did so many in such a short period of time which tells me he's a complete idiot. Btw, has anyone even seen him lately? Hell, we might not want him back on the team. He may very well weigh 300+ by now.