The Tunnel walks!

Favorite

1999 - The new stadium front rising from the ground and the golden sower striking the Heisman pose was awesome. It was the first one I saw in person and it's always stuck with me.

Honorable mention: 1995 - It was the very first that used animation and though it was very primitive it got the blood pumping.

Least favorite

2003 - That was the first year they went away from the Tunnel Walk beginning with the flash and it showed they were running out of ideas.

Honorable mention: 2002 - I don't know what it was about this one, but I just didn't like it.

By the way, I was going to start another thread about this but if you look at the Tunnel Walks from 1995, 1996 and up until maybe 2000, the way the team came out of the tunnel was very business like. There wasn't any jumping around. This was a job to them and they came out with a "We're going to kick your @$$" swagger. That's what I think needs to be brought back.

I hope they do something different with the tunnel walk this year because there is way too much talking in it and you can't get loud because you want to hear what they are saying??? :hmmph

:yeah

Who wants to hear Keith Jackson talk? :dunno

He means the players saying "I play for Nebraska"

Keith Jackson did it for me. Killed the whole tunnel walk.

I didn't like anything about the tunnel walk last year. It was hard to hear, the Keith Jackson thing got old after the first game, and it did nothing to pump up the crowd.

I hope they do something different with the tunnel walk this year because there is way too much talking in it and you can't get loud because you want to hear what they are saying??? :hmmph

:yeah

Who wants to hear Keith Jackson talk? :dunno

He means the players saying "I play for Nebraska"

Keith Jackson did it for me. Killed the whole tunnel walk.

I didn't like anything about the tunnel walk last year. It was hard to hear, the Keith Jackson thing got old after the first game, and it did nothing to pump up the crowd.

One more thing... I like the tunnel walks of the past that show different parts of the state. I think it's a cool way to include the entire state of Nebraska.

By the way, I was going to start another thread about this but if you look at the Tunnel Walks from 1995, 1996 and up until maybe 2000, the way the team came out of the tunnel was very business like. There wasn't any jumping around. This was a job to them and they came out with a "We're going to kick your @$$" swagger. That's what I think needs to be brought back.

I like seeing the players jumping up and going crazy. It gets me even more excited as well. They look like they just wanna get out there, and win the game imo. GBR

Personally I think the tunnelwalk is overrated. It's all build-up and no climax.

Wow seriously? I think its awesome! The climax is when they run out on the field and the crowd goes crazy! :hellloooo

:yeah Hopefully this years will have less talking, and more highlights, as previous years did!

Personally I think the tunnelwalk is overrated. It's all build-up and no climax.

Wow seriously? I think its awesome! The climax is when they run out on the field and the crowd goes crazy! :hellloooo

:yeah Hopefully this years will have less talking, and more highlights, as previous years did!

Ya that would help.

• 2 weeks later...

instead of the contender theme, they should put the "can you feel it" song into the first part of the tunnel walk, but without the talking...then start playing "sirius" when the players start walking out.

that can you feel it song gives me chills every time i hear it!

I agree with the no-Keith-Jackson thing, but I love the contender theme and want to keep it.

My favorite was the one with Ruud......"My brother played here.....My father played here....my uncle played here....tradition? I bleed Husker Red."

Honorable Mention goes to Taylor's (colorado game?) where he says "It's been a journey....but the destination? Well worth it. Because there is No Place Like Nebraska."

I agree with the no-Keith-Jackson thing, but I love the contender theme and want to keep it.

My favorite was the one with Ruud......"My brother played here.....My father played here....my uncle played here....tradition? I bleed Husker Red."

Honorable Mention goes to Taylor's (colorado game?) where he says "It's been a journey....but the destination? Well worth it. Because there is No Place Like Nebraska."

I like the Contender theme also, but don't have players talk. Show highlights, big hits, big plays etc. Get the crowd rowdy and fired up.

My Favorite Tunnel Walk was the one during the 1998 season.

Least favorite, I don't think I have one.

Honorable Mention, I've only heard about it, but I guess one time when Kansas or KSU was at Nebraska they had a clip of Dorothy from Wizard of Oz looking around like she was looking at all the Cornhusker Fans, and she said, "Oh, Toto, I don't think we're in Kansas any more". Then the tunnel walk started.

I'd love to find a copy of that.

My Favorite Tunnel Walk was the one during the 1998 season.

Least favorite, I don't think I have one.

Honorable Mention, I've only heard about it, but I guess one time when Kansas or KSU was at Nebraska they had a clip of Dorothy from Wizard of Oz looking around like she was looking at all the Cornhusker Fans, and she said, "Oh, Toto, I don't think we're in Kansas any more". Then the tunnel walk started.

I'd love to find a copy of that.

hahaha, i've never heard of that....that would be amazing to see