What will it take?

HANC

Once again, I will never say anything negative about TO, but if BC was coaching in the Old Big 8.....or the Big 2 (OU and NU), he would probably have a chance to win the conference titles you talk about...... teh word PARITY comes to mind....... this is a different age and time.... every D-I program is starting to get improved athletes.... $$$ is all over in all of the big programs, not just NU any more...... other schools are starting to get the facilties that were once only NU's to brag about...

What has Weiss done that is so special? If you don't think that Urban Meyer walked into a better situation athletically than BC, then you aren't well versed in college football..... Florida was and is loaded with talent, unlike the team that BC was "blessed" with during his first 2 years....Stoops also walked into a loaded field...Blake recruited well at OU and they had talent up the wazuuu....... you have to be kidding me if you feel as if the Urban Meyer and Stoops comparison is remotely valid !!!!!!

Furthermore, the reason TO recruited the "non-top *" guys is that he HAD TOO TO FIT HIS SYSTEM..... and, I am not sure were you are getting the 1-5 * stats from, considering rivals didn't do a lot of ranking during the TO era......

TO is awesome.....best coach ever.... I will take that to my grave..... but for some of you people who refuse to see the upside of BC is beyond me.....

but, just my opinion, not right or wrong......so I respect your opinion, just don't agree with it...

Bc will be just fine. Recruiting From Nebraska is going to be like it always has been........find the diamonds in the ruff. Its not about stars, its about upside and developement. Both are things TO did well and I think BC is getting better. As far as winning the recruiting battle with Cali and Florida...........we need to be able to recruit in our own back yard in places like MO and KS, get some big W's, and the big time kids will take notice. Step over the dead horse (dont beat it) and be patient.

These statements contradict each other. If you offer 300 kids, how do you know who you "really want." Sure they offer alot of kids, but that is why we are seeing alot of obsure, unknowns commit who nobody else is offering.

No they aren't. You can't just offer the kids on the top of all your lists because there's a pretty good chance you won't end up with a full class. You win some, you lose some. You have to have a contingency plan.

I am not going to argue about what TO did and what Callahan didn't do because I really don't think that's a fair comparison at all. Comparing a 20+ year career to a 4 year career isn't fair to either party.We all loved what happened in the mid-90's. But that's over, done with.

Weiss hasn't won anything. Nothing. Nada. You can compare guys like him, Stoops and whoever else you wanna throw in there. Trouble is that every situation is different and treating ever one the same is looking at it from a 10000 foot view. It's just not apples to apples IMO.

I think you are a little over the top with your last paragraph. I am sorry you don't have any confidence in the team, but I do. For the first time in a long time it seems we finally have some kind of direction. Under Frank it seemed like we were just going through the motions.

Yes, NU's lost games that they shouldn't have but I think pointing to those early losses, especially 70-10, as something the staff should hang for is ignoring the undertaking that begun in those years. I don't know about you, but in the back of my mind I expected those kind of lumps when you consider the changes taking place. Maybe not that bad, but lumps none the less.

I have to say the biggest thing I am afraid of at NU is installing a revolving door in the North stadium. I believe the quickest way to the deep crapper is swapping head coaches on a whim. There's something to be said for continuity year to year. Especially at head coach; mainly because if the head coach goes so do the assistants.

I wish I would have kept track of how many times we've gone over this since 2004. Can't the season start already?