Huskers to Big Ten

NU to the big 10 makes little sense as far as i can tell. For one, there's more than just football to think of, and the big 10 prides itself on it's bball. We bring very little in this regard. Football wise, i don't think the other schools would want us because of the very difficult schedules that would be created in conference play. Lastly, for the fledgling network the big 10 is starting up, Nebraska doesn't offer much as far as major market cities go.

I think Mizzou makes more all around sense than we do, as well as Pitt whom Penn St. already has a natural rivalry with. If the big 10 isn't high on these guys, then i'd think they are even less interested in us.

I could see Texas as being attractive to the big 10, but why would UT want to leave the big 12?

I don't see Tenn leaving the SEC.

Nebraska doesnt have a huge in state media market, but a very large collection of rabid fans across the country. There is a reason NU gets a number of national telecasts from ABC. The Big 12 is as big, arguably bigger,of a BBall conference than the Big 10.

In all honesty, if the Big 10 cant get ND, and until the national championship game requires you to win a conference, ND has no interest in joining anyone. Of all the other names that have come up, no one else has the media draw NU does. MU? right....Pitt? they already have Penn State. Anyone they add would have to be a major player in the world of college football. Ohio State and Mich would HAVE to be in the same division. So they need a major power to be in the other division with Wisconsin or Iowa. MU and Pitt dont fit that bill.

Could it happen? Yeah, if the price was right. There is infighting between the north and the south in the big 12, and the north is the loser right now. The question would be, what would Nebraska gain from it. There would have to be a lot more money, and probly garenteed TV games. Will it happen? Probably not. But it would make an interesting debate.

***SNIP***

In all honesty, if the Big 10 cant get ND, and until the national championship game requires you to win a conference, ND has no interest in joining anyone. Of all the other names that have come up, no one else has the media draw NU does. MU? right....Pitt? they already have Penn State. Anyone they add would have to be a major player in the world of college football. Ohio State and Mich would HAVE to be in the same division. So they need a major power to be in the other division with Wisconsin or Iowa. MU and Pitt dont fit that bill.

***SNIP***

While I agree that, in most cases, any invitation to a conference would be a "major player", the Big 10 might be an exception simply due to the fact that they are losing out on a revenue stream from the lack of a championship game. That may make them willing to go with a lesser option. That just about every major player is locked up is another factor.

One that I see possibly jumping into the Big 10 that hasn't been mentioned is perhaps Louisville. They would open a recruiting area that is not normally part of the Big 10, they bring in a viewing audience that is not considered part of the Big 10, and for Louisville it certainly would be financially attractive.

One that I see possibly jumping into the Big 10 that hasn't been mentioned is perhaps Louisville

In the latest U.S. News and World Report, I think Michigan St. is the lowest ranked Big 10 school clocking in at the low 60s (I might be wrong), while NU clocks in at something like 98. Nebraska will never fit in with the academic prestige of the Big 10. Louisville meanwhile is a 3rd tier academic institution that the Big 10 would NEVER consider taking.

Tom