KSU Contenders Now??

Guest Powercat Mark

Guest Powercat Mark

As much as Pedersen wants to believe, and as much as many Husker Fans would like to believe Pedersen's comments that he wouldn't concede the Big 12 to Okalahoma and Texas, you gotta give credit to a K-State team that had the answer to any problem OU threw at them. I'm not one of those fans who will say 'we are the new kings', but if you refuse to recognize that K-State is for real, you might just get 'Stooped' over and over. Might proud to be a Wildcat!!!

You bet, well put PM. As opposed to your idiot brethren HuckFuskers.

I have no problem giving cred where it is due, and it is definitely due to KSU right now. Played huge in a huge game, something you guys havent done in the past. Not to mention the hardware. You are making progress definitely. But as much as I think Pederwacker is an arrogant ass, I agree w/ his statements AT THE TIME about TX and OU. Truly they are the only other teams in the Big 12 w/ tradition. BUt Kstate showed last night that they are not going anywhere anytime soon, and if we want to reclaim the throne the road w/ probably be leading through womanhattan for quite a few years to come.

Congrats PM, hope you enjoy the crown, just dont get too comfortable, b/c now youre about to know what it feels like to be THE TARGET!! :blink:

brm

K-State was outstanding last night. I was surprised that Pederson didn't mention

K-State in the press conference. Bill Synder has done good things with that team.

Just think if Roberson would have been at the helm all year!!!

Congrats to K-State!

Guest Powercat Mark

A wise man once said 'act like you've been there before'. The true test of a champion is not 'chest thumping' and finger pointing. I hope that K-State can take the victory in stride and carry themselves with class. When you're good, you know it, and others will see it. That's one thing I like about Coach Snyder. He's not a bragging, trash talking guy who allows his guys to toot their own horns and make asses of themselves in front of the national media. Hopefully, this will continue. I'd say Bill and Tom were cut from some of the same cloth. Unfortunately, it took Bill many more years to get his head coaching job. If he'd have been coaching 25 years ago, I think Coach Snyder would be recognized as one of the best. The media hates him, but then again, they are all just looking for those classless, headline making quotes, that he is famous for NOT making.

• 2 weeks later...

Is winning a National Championship the only way to measure who has the best team in a conference? Or is it the team who wins the most games within its conference. Since the beginning of the Big 12 Kansas State, Nebraska, and Texas all have more wins in the conference than Oklahoma. I don't think K-State is the new power of the Big 12. I think they have always been a power in the Big 12.

Yes when compared to teams who DO have national championships, there is not comparison. But yes, if you are comparing simply overall wins to determine conference dominance, of course you can look at the bottom line. But hey did you stop to look for a minute at head to head games? How many times has kstate beat OU? Just once right? I imagine we have only beaten them once also since the big 12 was formed, but we finally get a run at em again the next 2 yrs. Finally get a chance to truly measure ourselves against, yes, THE best in the big 12, OU.

I'll tell you this. Over the last 5 years, I get more and more nervous about the K-State game. :)

Well things are really looking up now eh Steve? Players talking about boycotting practice or the bowl game.... Having a little trouble filling those shoes Steve, natives are getting restless........

wrong thread???

• 1 year later...