Best Osborne Team not to win a Championship

Mike Babcock is on 1620 and just said that he believes that the 1982 team was Coach Osborne's best team that didn't win a championship. He pointed to the backfield of Mike Rozier and Roger Craig and the line anchored by Steinkuhler and Remington.

I'd say it's very close between 82 and 83 because both came thisclose to winning it all. Then 93 follows those two.

Mike Babcock is on 1620 and just said that he believes that the 1982 team was Coach Osborne's best team that didn't win a championship. He pointed to the backfield of Mike Rozier and Roger Craig and the line anchored by Steinkuhler and Remington.

I'd say it's very close between 82 and 83 because both came thisclose to winning it all. Then 93 follows those two.

I would have to agree with him. That was a great team.

The '93 team DID win it all. The refs just didn't let them advertise it on the scoreboard.

The '93 team DID win it all. The refs just didn't let them advertise it on the scoreboard.

Same with 82 (see Penn State game)

The refs gift wrapped that NC for Bowden and we still almost won it!

'gift wrap' would be one play that was obviously slanted...refs were WAY too busy sucking Bowden off to limit it to one play.

If Nebraska loses, they lose. I can deal with that. I may not be happy, but I can accept it. This game was a complete farce and a mockery to college football.

It's kinda funny though now...Karma is now my best friend and FSU's slap upside the head. Not so good anymore, huh losers.

'gift wrap' would be one play that was obviously slanted...refs were WAY too busy sucking Bowden off to limit it to one play.

If Nebraska loses, they lose. I can deal with that. I may not be happy, but I can accept it. This game was a complete farce and a mockery to college football.

It's kinda funny though now...Karma is now my best friend and FSU's slap upside the head. Not so good anymore, huh losers.

:yeah

Same with 82 (see Penn State game)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOePPSdNtqE

UGGGHHH. '93. I thought my emotional wounds had finally healed.

I don't know if I can pinpoint the WORST call in that game. Was it Warrick Dunn's "touchdown"? Was it Corey Dixon's punt return TD that got called back on a "clipping penalty"? Those two stick out as having blown my 10 year old mind the most at the time.

At least that was a good first-hand lesson on never giving up despite having the odds (and the rules) stacked against you. The 'Skers were RELENTLESS in that game. No matter how many calls went against them, they STILL CAME BACK and almost won that game. Seeing Bennet's FG hook left made me cry for hours. I felt sorry for those guys.

TO should have had 3 in a row.