Where is Grixby? What is he doing?

Aim9

Hey guys I have a very good question. Does anyone think that Callahan and the staff allows our #1 receivers to go at our corners in practice? I mean the receivers are not All Americans but they should provide good practice for the lil guy Grixby and the others? There are a lot of excuses flying around and I don't buy any of them.

I agree with pigsonthewing.

Baron Miles was 5'8" and an awesome corner. Size is important, but not everything. Grixby got beat several times last year because he was matched up with the opponents' #1 receiver game in and game out. Why? Because he was the best corner that there was! If you get a chance to, watch some of last season's games again and really watch Grixby. He made some damn fine plays and played solid in run support defense. Jones got schooled last year way too much going against top receivers(see Sweed running past him for a TD and Jarrett making him look absolutely silly). With that said, I think Jones ends up having a fine season this year due to his trials and tribulations last year.

I think that stating Thenarse should have started based on his athletic ability is a misled statement. Yeah, Thenarse would have had it rough and improved, but how many close games would he have cost the teams? If you think Callahan's hide is on the line for going 9-5, what do you think a 7-6 or 6-6 season would have done? KU and A&M could have been different stories with just 2 misplays by an inexperienced corner.

as you were typing this, i was lookin up barron miles Stats and receivers that he locked down. lol you da man! Guess how much Barron Miles weighed? 160. one-friggin-sixty. but the difference between Grixby and Miles? Miles had safeties and a couple of backups.

Safeties may be a contributing factor, but the real difference between Grixby and Miles is talent. You are correct about the size of NFL corners, being shorter gives you a lower center of gravity and helps you react to a WR and change directions with him. BUT! You need to also have the ability and a knack for it, being short, fast, and experienced doesnt make you good. Thats why I'm not a Grixby fan, I respect his work ethic and attitude, but I dont think he is at the level we need him to be to compete on a national level.

Hey guys I have a very good question. Does anyone think that Callahan and the staff allows our #1 receivers to go at our corners in practice? I mean the receivers are not All Americans but they should provide good practice for the lil guy Grixby and the others? There are a lot of excuses flying around and I don't buy any of them.

I know they do cause I remember an interview with Mckeon where he said "Keller would see Mo matched up with Grixby and thats a no brainer!" It was something to that effect anyway.

Baron Miles was 5'8" and an awesome corner. Size is important, but not everything. Grixby got beat several times last year because he was matched up with the opponents' #1 receiver game in and game out. Why? Because he was the best corner that there was! If you get a chance to, watch some of last season's games again and really watch Grixby. He made some damn fine plays and played solid in run support defense. Jones got schooled last year way too much going against top receivers(see Sweed running past him for a TD and Jarrett making him look absolutely silly). With that said, I think Jones ends up having a fine season this year due to his trials and tribulations last year.

I think that stating Thenarse should have started based on his athletic ability is a misled statement. Yeah, Thenarse would have had it rough and improved, but how many close games would he have cost the teams? If you think Callahan's hide is on the line for going 9-5, what do you think a 7-6 or 6-6 season would have done? KU and A&M could have been different stories with just 2 misplays by an inexperienced corner.

as you were typing this, i was lookin up barron miles Stats and receivers that he locked down. lol you da man! Guess how much Barron Miles weighed? 160. one-friggin-sixty. but the difference between Grixby and Miles? Miles had safeties and a couple of backups.

Safeties may be a contributing factor, but the real difference between Grixby and Miles is talent. You are correct about the size of NFL corners, being shorter gives you a lower center of gravity and helps you react to a WR and change directions with him. BUT! You need to also have the ability and a knack for it, being short, fast, and experienced doesnt make you good. Thats why I'm not a Grixby fan, I respect his work ethic and attitude, but I dont think he is at the level we need him to be to compete on a national level.

its very difficult to play at a high level when you are playing every down. i disagree with almost everything you say because raw talent doesnt make you good. you need experience. look at dre jones. he is even quoted that he got by on his talent last year and he didnt know what he was doing. Experience counts, big time. Safety may be a contributing factor? wow cmon. i guess ill just have to agree to disagree. i hope the coaches see it my way as well.

you guys throw all this emphasis on height. you guys are gonna sh#t yourselves when you see our DB's of the future in Sullivan and Blue, etc, who are about the same size as Grixby.

its very difficult to play at a high level when you are playing every down. i disagree with almost everything you say because raw talent doesnt make you good. you need experience. look at dre jones. he is even quoted that he got by on his talent last year and he didnt know what he was doing. Experience counts, big time. Safety may be a contributing factor? wow cmon. i guess ill just have to agree to disagree. i hope the coaches see it my way as well.

you guys throw all this emphasis on height. you guys are gonna sh#t yourselves when you see our DB's of the future in Sullivan and Blue, etc, who are about the same size as Grixby.

I'm not all about height! You can be a lock down corner at 5'8"! I'm about talent. Grixby doesnt have much. (notice I didnt say none) I guess for me, I would rather have some one who has talent and is learning the disciplines of the position, as opposed to someone who already knows what to do but is unable to execute them.

I like most of you would curse Grix after every game, but our safety did suck. Grix is fast and now he is seasoned, with better safety help I think he will be much improved from last year, plus I think he is looking forward to shutting a lot of you guys up.

I hope he shuts me up big time! As far as him being seasoned? Cmon, he was a returning starter LAST year! How much experience does he need befor he improves? The safeties are better this year, so no matter what the reason I just hope the secondary will be much better this year.

I like most of you would curse Grix after every game, but our safety did suck. Grix is fast and now he is seasoned, with better safety help I think he will be much improved from last year, plus I think he is looking forward to shutting a lot of you guys up.

Boy I hope he does better. It would be painful to watch him get beat or be out of position for another year. He is fast and atheletic, but has poor instinct. I am happy that Shanle will not be in the mix though.

The secondary is so dependant on the team..(each other, and the d-line)..It's really unfair to single out any individual just because they are matched up against 6'4" recievers.

He has 467 more tackles than any other player in franchise history. His 141 starts and 94 consecutive starts are team records, as are his nine fumble recoveries and four interception returns for touchdowns.

Despite being just 5-foot-10 and 195 pounds, Minter overcame three knee surgeries and a staph infection early in his career to become the key player in Carolina's secondary.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I could of sworn I read an article around spring practice time that basically said that Keller would throw to whatever receiver Grixby was guarding at the time? Either way, I don't think this topic would have ever been started if most people were satisfied with his play last year. Guess we'll have to let the coaches who make the big bucks make the decisions.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I could of sworn I read an article around spring practice time that basically said that Keller would throw to whatever receiver Grixby was guarding at the time?

Read post #33. His teamates dont even respect him.

BS. Ask any of the DB's.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I could of sworn I read an article around spring practice time that basically said that Keller would throw to whatever receiver Grixby was guarding at the time?

Read post #33. His teamates dont even respect him.

Roger that. Caught me speed reading again....