Where is Grixby? What is he doing?

Aim9

In today's paper, Niles Paul says that Grixby is the toughest corner on the team and the biggest challenge for him in practice.

its pointless to argue or point out the facts. everyone wants their scapegoat.

What Paul offers up is more rookie insider opinion than fact. Do you expect him to publicly say Grix is weak or horrible?

Not to mention they are "home town boys" Grixby is from Omaha Central, and Paul is from Omaha North and Paul played against Grixby's little brother in HS (who got caught with weed and got his scholarship to NU taken away). I'm not looking for a scapegoat, I'm looking for reasons why our secondary was so bad last year and IMO Grixby was a big part of it.

Let me get this straight. Since Paul played against Grixby's weedhead brother, there is no way that he can possibly think that Grixby is any good(and the toughest db he faces in practice). 'Cause that makes sense. Logic train...DING DING DING...there it went.

OMG HE IS SO SHORT D00D AND TEH SUCK!!!1 Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

Why don't we wait to crucify Grixby when he has some help back there. Namely, other corners that can rotate in and provide quality depth, another corner that can be asked to cover a #1 receiver and a safety that's not named Shanle. I think Grixby's play might surprise some people this year. Others will still think that he sucks because he is not 6'1". Whatever. :madash

In today's paper, Niles Paul says that Grixby is the toughest corner on the team and the biggest challenge for him in practice.

What Paul offers up is more rookie insider opinion than fact. Do you expect him to publicly say Grix is weak or horrible?

Not to mention they are "home town boys" Grixby is from Omaha Central, and Paul is from Omaha North and Paul played against Grixby's little brother in HS (who got caught with weed and got his scholarship to NU taken away). I'm not looking for a scapegoat, I'm looking for reasons why our secondary was so bad last year and IMO Grixby was a big part of it.

Why don't we wait to crucify Grixby when he has some help back there. Namely, other corners that can rotate in and provide quality depth, another corner that can be asked to cover a #1 receiver and a safety that's not named Shanle. I think Grixby's play might surprise some people this year. Others will still think that he sucks because he is not 6'1". Whatever. :madash

I do not think that anyone can crucify him for something that he has not done yet (this seasons play), but IMO, Grix has not yet earned the right to be praised either. He definately had way more moments of mediocrity and hardship last season than moments of greatness. He consistant lay got beat or at a mismatch. Is your scapegoat Shanle? The whole backfield played poorly last season. They all added to the problems, but for some reason teams kept throwing Grixby's way (curious). We all want the backfield to have a better year and hope Grixby plays well. He just hasn't thus far. Anyone that says he has played well is not watching the same games everyone else has.

I do not think that anyone can crucify him for something that he has not done yet (this seasons play), but IMO, Grix has not yet earned the right to be praised either. He definately had way more moments of mediocrity and hardship last season than moments of greatness. He consistant lay got beat or at a mismatch. Is your scapegoat Shanle? The whole backfield played poorly last season. They all added to the problems, but for some reason teams kept throwing Grixby's way (curious). We all want the backfield to have a better year and hope Grixby plays well. He just hasn't thus far. Anyone that says he has played well is not watching the same games everyone else has.

I agree that he hasn't earned the right to get a lot of praise, but he made some fine plays last year. No, Shanle is not my scapegoat. I am saying Shanle didn't really provide him with much help. Jones was inexperienced. The back up to Grixby was Fluellen for goodness sake. No depth, no experienced help, not much help period. It's a combination of things that has led to Grixby being everyone's scapegoat because he is short. I think a lot of these factors have changed this season(aside from his height) and we will see a different result on the field this season. Come December, I will eat those words if I have to, but I doubt that I will.

Let me get this straight. Since Paul played against Grixby's weedhead brother, there is no way that he can possibly think that Grixby is any good(and the toughest db he faces in practice). 'Cause that makes sense. Logic train...DING DING DING...there it went.

I was saying Paul was sticking up for his "Hometown friend" cause he knows that alot of people dont like him. I'm not sure why you try to hide behind "you guys hate Grixby cause he is short" so much. His height isnt the problem, his lack of talent is. I prefer a corner who is 5'10", they have a lower center of gravity and can change directions faster with a WR. As I said earlier, the entire secondary was weak last year, but IMO Grixby was the weakest. :bang

I was saying Paul was sticking up for his "Hometown friend" cause he knows that alot of people dont like him.

Yes, and I don't buy it.

I'm not sure why you try to hide behind "you guys hate Grixby cause he is short" so much.

You obviously didn't belong to this board last fall. It's been stated ad nauseum.

His height isnt the problem, his lack of talent is. I prefer a corner who is 5'10", they have a lower center of gravity and can change directions faster with a WR. As I said earlier, the entire secondary was weak last year, but IMO Grixby was the weakest. :bang

This is America and you are entitled to your opinion, no matter how wrong you are, so I will agree to disagree on this and we can look back on this in December and laugh when the Huskers are Fiesta bound!