Should David Horne transfer??

Will David be on the team next year? I ask this because he, obviously, has dropped off of the radar site. Then, add in the potential depth at RB that we could be looking at next season.

Cory Ross will be back as will Tiere Green and Bandon Jackson. Add in the mix Leon Jackson( correct last name?) and possible Marlon Lucky and/or Edward Britton. Who knows, a long shot like Jonathon Stewart may sign up too.

Does anyone know if he has the ability to be a Wr or a DB/OLB? I'd hate to give up on a guy that has shown the atheletic ability to score four touchdowns in a game. But the numbers at the RB position, plus lack of playing time, just do not look to be stacking up in his favor. Does anyone have expectations that next year he will be able to beat out the competition that he has not this season?

From the outside looking in, I think if I were Horne or Green I would be looking for a transfer. Horne never redshirted, so he wouldn't lose a year of eligibility. Green however has redshirted and would lose a year. I would think an Iowa State or a team like that who loves Nebraska players would jump at the opportunity to get one or both of these guys. I just don't see much room for either one of them when considering the recruits who may potentially come to Nebraska.

I agree that Horne really isn't very good, but I think Green has a lot of potential. Yet, I just don't see him getting much playing time with the stable of backs we have now and may have next year. I'm just wondering why any of these outstanding recruits would want to come here now considering what the offense is doing. If you want to make it to the next level, you need to have good college numbers. Ross is a talented back, but it will be tough for him to average over 100 yards a game considering how he is being used right now.

if he ever wants to see the field again, he should transfer. even if he switched to a wr position, i don't see him beating out the returning players or recruits that will come in. he has shown that he can be effective when he puts the time in, but he won't get that chance here.

If he doesn't consider transfering, then maybe he should work on fielding punts and kick returns so that we can actually have a decent player back there that can get more than two yards a return. Anyone is better than Panico. Why not Horne, at least he gets to see the field.

Id agree with that gamecocks, great point. However, I think at this point horne doesn't really care. I really think he has the talent but he's the type of kid that needs a motivator and we don't have that in the coaching staff.

I really think he has the talent but he's the type of kid that needs a motivator and we don't have that in the coaching staff.

No way. It's not like he showed much last year under Solich.

Did I say solich is a motivator? no I didn't. Your not the 9th rated back in the nation coming out of high school and not have some talent. He ran really well his first 5 games or so his freshman year. I really think if you can get the guy to get mentally tough and get him to work his ass of he could be a big time back.

I really think he has the talent but he's the type of kid that needs a motivator and we don't have that in the coaching staff.

No way. It's not like he showed much last year under Solich.

Did I say solich is a motivator? no I didn't. Your not the 9th rated back in the nation coming out of high school and not have some talent. He ran really well his first 5 games or so his freshman year. I really think if you can get the guy to get mentally tough and get him to work his ass of he could be a big time back.

I agree. It just seemed like something went wrong after those games you mentioned.

Yes horne should transfer,probably down to division 2. Uno would be a decent choice but they do have some good backs, he could probably start though. I still think horne has a lot of talent but it just hasn't worked out with him.

That's been the story of his life. Even when he was in a high school all star game his senior season he was easily the best I-back in the state, but he didn't start because he's a slacker. I remember the article in the paper.

Yes horne should transfer,probably down to division 2.  Uno would be a decent choice but they do have some good backs, he could probably start though. I still think horne has a lot of talent but it just hasn't worked out with him.

That's been the story of his life. Even when he was in a high school all star game his senior season he was easily the best I-back in the state, but he didn't start because he's a slacker. I remember the article in the paper.

yeah I agree. I don't know about slacker but lack of motivation is def there. You have to be the right kind of coach I think.

Horne is a bozo. He had some initial success, got figured out, then didn't have the drive to get better to be the man last year and obviously didn't show Callahan all that much this year. If Nebraska gets a big time recruit like Marlon Lucky and more top echelon talent at running back that Callahan is recruiting, the Texas A&M game where Horne scored 4 TD's as a freshman will be a very distant memory. He might look into playing cornberback or transferring.

Horne is a bozo. He had some initial success, got figured out, then didn't have the drive to get better to be the man last year and obviously didn't show Callahan all that much this year. If Nebraska gets a big time recruit like Marlon Lucky and more top echelon talent at running back that Callahan is recruiting, the Texas A&M game where Horne scored 4 TD's as a freshman will be a very distant memory. He might look into playing cornberback or transferring.

I don't think moving horne to corner is even a thought. Don't think he played defense is h school. Moving him for one year don't make a lot of sense and doubt he would be any good in one year.