Should David Horne transfer??

I would hate to see him leave because he has showed a lot of promise as a freshman and I think that the right person could get him motivated enough to bring that back out of him.

No disrespect guys, but I keep hearing a common theme in some posts about how we can motivate players :wtf Personnally I can't believe what I am hearing. If a football player at any level, but especially at NEBRASKA, needs someone else to motivate them, they need to find a new team and probably a new sport if any sport at all. Some of these freakin primadonnas that give up when they see a little competition is a bunch of bull. As far as I am concerned if you don't have the heart to face a little competition within your team, you do not deserve to be in a Husker uniform. IMHO.

[QUOI would hate to see him leave because he has showed a lot of promise as a freshman and I think that the right person could get him motivated enough to bring that back out of him. TE]

No disrespect guys, but I keep hearing a common theme in some posts about how we can motivate players :wtf Personnally I can't believe what I am hearing. If a football player at any level, but especially at NEBRASKA, needs someone else to motivate them, they need to find a new team and probably a new sport if any sport at all. Some of these freakin primadonnas that give up when they see a little competition is a bunch of bull. As far as I am concerned if you don't have the heart to face a little competition within your team, you do not deserve to be in a Husker uniform. IMHO.

:worship WELL PUT.

I don't think he has got any better from his Freshman year to now. He is fourth string for crying out loud. They tried him as a kick returner for a couple games and that didn't stick either. I don't think he'll transfer since he only has one year left but who knows. They should just have him bulk up and move to outside Linebacker. Just kidding.

I would hate to see him leave because he has showed a lot of promise as a freshman and I think that the right person could get him motivated enough to bring that back out of him.

I agree. Playing in at a storied program like Nebraska should be motivation enough. It would be for me.

I don't agree at all. Everyone is different as far as getting them motivated. Some people need to be yelled consistantly for them to keep improving while others need to be praised for their progress. Its not all the same. Coaches need to find out what motivates a player and then use that to get the most out of them. Just putting on a uniform is not motivation to go out and try their hardest.

I don't agree at all. Everyone is different as far as getting them motivated. Some people need to be yelled consistantly for them to keep improving while others need to be praised for their progress. Its not all the same. Coaches need to find out what motivates a player and then use that to get the most out of them. Just putting on a uniform is not motivation to go out and try their hardest.

Well yea the coaches have to coach but the players should have some kind of interest to begin with. It almost seems like Horne could care less whether he is on the field or in the stands.

Yes horne should transfer,probably down to division 2.  Uno would be a decent choice but they do have some good backs, he could probably start though. I still think horne has a lot of talent but it just hasn't worked out with him.

That's been the story of his life. Even when he was in a high school all star game his senior season he was easily the best I-back in the state, but he didn't start because he's a slacker. I remember the article in the paper.

Its not as if the kid doesnt have talent the reason that he hasnt played is due to problems off the field ie drink under age, im not sure that he should xfr because with the rb that Nebraska has he makes a nice addition.

Yes horne should transfer,probably down to division 2.  Uno would be a decent choice but they do have some good backs, he could probably start though. I still think horne has a lot of talent but it just hasn't worked out with him.

That's been the story of his life. Even when he was in a high school all star game his senior season he was easily the best I-back in the state, but he didn't start because he's a slacker. I remember the article in the paper.

Its not as if the kid doesnt have talent the reason that he hasnt played is due to problems off the field ie drink under age, im not sure that he should xfr because with the rb that Nebraska has he makes a nice addition.

the first game was because of that but after that he played some but didn't get much of a chance.