Cornerbacks work to make big plays

I've removed the off-topic posts and attacks between NUpolo8 and skersOVRsc to the Woodshed. If anyone is interested in continuing it, the thread is HERE

Folks, once again - stay on topic and take any attacks to the Woodshed. I know that feelings are running high in anticipation of the season, but express them in the appropriate manner and place. Thanks.

It sounds like they're finally teaching the corners to look for the ball and get their hands up. Personally, I think the secondary will improve solely because Shanle won't be back there. I can think back to a couple of plays that make me sick. Hopefully with some bigger hitters at the safety position those wideouts will be getting blown up right about the time the ball gets to them.

Shanle was definately a pain in the arse!!!!! He was so afraid to hit someone it made me sick!!!!

Can't wait for the first time we get to see Asante bend someone in half that tries to go over the middle.

It sounds like they're finally teaching the corners to look for the ball and get their hands up. Personally, I think the secondary will improve solely because Shanle won't be back there. I can think back to a couple of plays that make me sick. Hopefully with some bigger hitters at the safety position those wideouts will be getting blown up right about the time the ball gets to them.

Shanle was definately a pain in the arse!!!!! He was so afraid to hit someone it made me sick!!!!

Can't wait for the first time we get to see Asante bend someone in half that tries to go over the middle.

I heard that...... we'll have him, thenarse, green, and bryan wilson, who did a good job in the spring game. I can't wait to see them light some people up!

I'm not saying that Shanle was great by any means, but he did lead our team in int.(which he should at safety).

I would say for our corners, the thing I noticed we lacked last year was awareness. I can't even count the times that Grixby and Jones didn't even see the ball coming.

Me either. All this talk about it being Coz's year to put up or get the hell out is crazy. He might be the DC, but he sure isn't telling the DB's to miss tackles (Shanle), not turn for the ball (Grixby), and talk sh#t when you can't back it up (Jones). The DB's need to step up big time and I think with hard hitting safety's that can actually cover (Asante, Thenarse, Green, & Wilson) the corner's won't be constantly wondering if they're out on an island by themselves. Hopefully we'll have a little trust going on in the Blackshirt backfield and if so, that means lots of turnovers. :bonez

i am sorry, but i don't think the DB play improves appreciably, no matter how good the recruits, until E is gone. i just have no faith in the guy and his coaching whatsoever. he is the one coach on this team who is truly expendable and i am not sure why cally clings to him.

And he was a dick when i met him last year

hell, i would be happy with just more pass break ups....

:yeah you'd think there'd be plenty last year since all grixby had to do was climb up and leap of the WR's helmet

I've removed the off-topic posts and attacks between NUpolo8 and skersOVRsc to the Woodshed. If anyone is interested in continuing it, the thread is HERE

Folks, once again - stay on topic and take any attacks to the Woodshed. I know that feelings are running high in anticipation of the season, but express them in the appropriate manner and place. Thanks.

Not that I visit there, but doesn't skersOVRsc have a nice condo in the woodshed these days? :) If nothing else, I love the passion!

I'm not saying that Shanle was great by any means, but he did lead our team in int.(which he should at safety).

I would say for our corners, the thing I noticed we lacked last year was awareness. I can't even count the times that Grixby and Jones didn't even see the ball coming.

That's not true...Grixby had those surgically implanted eyes put in the back of his head, he just chose not to implement them.

Me either. All this talk about it being Coz's year to put up or get the hell out is crazy. He might be the DC, but he sure isn't telling the DB's to miss tackles (Shanle), not turn for the ball (Grixby), and talk sh#t when you can't back it up (Jones). The DB's need to step up big time and I think with hard hitting safety's that can actually cover (Asante, Thenarse, Green, & Wilson) the corner's won't be constantly wondering if they're out on an island by themselves. Hopefully we'll have a little trust going on in the Blackshirt backfield and if so, that means lots of turnovers. :bonez

I like the post. Grixby has shown that he can track his man from time to time, but hell...at some point you gotta start reading eyes, especially when you have a huge height disadvantage. Faceguarding and running into the receiver?!? That doesn't work. Neither does getting burnt. Either pick it up Grixby or just do damage control until Bowman is back. How bad do you want it?

That's not true...Grixby had those surgically implanted eyes put in the back of his head, he just chose not to implement them.

Not looking for the ball is a technique choice that Elmo made, and teaches.........I dont like it.

Not that I visit there, but doesn't skersOVRsc have a nice condo in the woodshed these days? :) If nothing else, I love the passion!

Yeah my condo is in a nice little developement called Eatme' Woods. :lol: