Autographs Thru EMail

I was actually surprised when I first heard of people doing this. The thing is, if you know a coach, player, etc., who you know it isn't likely you are going to ever see, you send him (more than likely, a secretary) an email and request an autograph. In a few weeks, you normally receive an 8x10 autographed picture. Sometimes, you can get lucky and get an autographed hat, baseball or I even heard of one person who got an autograph jersey.

I've done this with many college coaches, a few pro athletes, singers, comedians, etc.,

A few examples

Bill Callahan

Roy Williams (the UNC coach)

Dean Smith

John Calipari

Mack Brown (also got some type of Texas trading cards from him)

Dave Wannstedt

Bobby Petrino

Jason Heyward (the 1st round draft pick of the Atlanta Braves; was an autograph baseball)

Charlie Daniels (the musician)

Those are just some of the ones that pop to the top of my head. It's pretty cool to get an autograph from coaches I know I will never run into.

If some of you want to try this and have trouble finding an email, just let me know, I can probably find it rather easy.

Also, if you are a HS student trying this, do not mention you are a HS student if you are mailing a college coach. They are not allowed to mail you any autographs.

I actually tried Tommie's email when he coached at Doane. It was his personal coaching email, and I couldn't even as much as get a reply from him or an autograph. Oh well.

Which reminds me -- I was lucky enough to grab Turner Gill's autograph from his Buffalo coaching email. He actually personally signed it with a Bible verse. Pretty cool.