ESPN's Fowler: 25 Reasons To Shout For '07

cmb23

Anyone else think Chris Fowler's a douchebag? He's just as bad as Herbstreit & May in my opinion.

Subtracting May...not really. What's incorrect about his take?

ball control football = trying to avoid humiliation?

oh ...........ok. he's the tyoe of reporter that talks about sports and knows nothing about it. he was probably with the majority that thought florida was going to kill us in 95.

I know a whole lot of Husker faithful that agree with the fact that BC played conservative in order to not get blown out. That's not an incorrect observation by Fowler.

I know a whole lot of Husker faithful that agree with the fact that BC played conservative in order to not get blown out. That's not an incorrect observation by Fowler.

If you ask me, then, a lot of Husker faithful don't know jack about game planning.

In a way, yes, he did play not to get blown out. That should probably exist in most every game plan. "Hey guys, I say we don't get our asses kicked. What do you think about that? Good idea?"

In that process, the team was in a position to make a move late in the game to win.

Would these Husker fans rather have shot their collective wad early in the game, then just get railroaded in the second half?

Well being down 21-3 in the 3rd quarter I think that there would have been a lot more agressive play calling and balls flying down the field if he was trying to make a move. Totaling 93 rushing yards on the entire game....ball control obviously wasn't getting it done as far as trying to win. But the total play conut was 36 rush attempts vs 16 pass attempts.

Ball control in the first half is one thing and is fine. But if the game is out of reach, you can't realistically say that he was trying to 'win' the game in the latter parts of the game.

If you ask me, then, a lot of Husker faithful don't know jack about game planning.

In a way, yes, he did play not to get blown out. That should probably exist in most every game plan. "Hey guys, I say we don't get our asses kicked. What do you think about that? Good idea?"

In that process, the team was in a position to make a move late in the game to win.

Would these Husker fans rather have shot their collective wad early in the game, then just get railroaded in the second half?

:yeah

I don't want the thread to stray too far but I can assure you the thought of playing 'not to loose bad' was not part of the game plan. Conservative, absolutely, but there is nothing wrong with that. It was the simplest way for us to be effective and give us the opportunity to win.

Anyone else think Chris Fowler's a douchebag? He's just as bad as Herbstreit & May in my opinion.

Subtracting May...not really. What's incorrect about his take?

ball control football = trying to avoid humiliation?

oh ...........ok. he's the tyoe of reporter that talks about sports and knows nothing about it. he was probably with the majority that thought florida was going to kill us in 95.

I put no stock in FANS or REPORTERS OPINIONS. Ive talked to numerous coaches that agree with what he did. not all coaches agree, but almost all I have talked to understand his reasoning. watcing a game every saturday or working at ESPN hardly makes one an expert

Well being down 21-3 in the 3rd quarter I think that there would have been a lot more agressive play calling and balls flying down the field if he was trying to make a move. Totaling 93 rushing yards on the entire game....ball control obviously wasn't getting it done as far as trying to win. But the total play conut was 36 rush attempts vs 16 pass attempts.

Ball control in the first half is one thing and is fine. But if the game is out of reach, you can't realistically say that he was trying to 'win' the game in the latter parts of the game.

first of all I dont think cally executed the plan perfectly. I'm sure he would agree. secondly it was a 11 point agame in the 4th quarter. I think almost any coach in america is going to be alright with that AT USC!!

So if he started mercilessly chucking the ball down the field and threw, say 3 picks. One for a TD, one for a FG and another for a TD that would be OK? As long as he "went for it"?

So if he started mercilessly chucking the ball down the field and threw, say 3 picks. One for a TD, one for a FG and another for a TD that would be OK? As long as he "went for it"?

So it would have been a loss....instead of a....respectable loss? There is no such thing as a respectable loss. Yeah, I would've liked to see something else. And I know I'm not the only one. But anyway.....back to the de-railed subject....

Fowler has a decent take on the upcoming USC game.

Wake will definitely act as a sounding board to see where we currently stand. Everyone knows Memorial is a damn tough place to play, and I think most people expect the Huskers to be an improved team from last year. If the Wake game goes well for us, then the USC game will definitely be the biggest "national" game here for quite a while. And I would say that's because (again, assuming we look good in the Wake game) some outsiders will expect us to make a game of it. And of course it'll be USC's first real test, on the road at Memorial no less.

first of all I dont think cally executed the plan perfectly. I'm sure he would agree. secondly it was a 11 point agame in the 4th quarter. I think almost any coach in america is going to be alright with that AT USC!!

Yeah, we had a solid game plan. Just didn’t execute. We made too many mistakes to beat a team the caliber of USC on their own field. You can't give cheap scores to the #2 team in the nation and expect to win.

It's gonna be a whole different ballgame come Sept. 15. GBR!!