Next Week vs Wake...

Actually, it isn't good for us as his backup looked every bit as good as him.

Riley hurt it a bit earlier in the game, tried to gut it out, then finally figured out how much his arm was actually hurting. lol

I really hate Riley went down with injury, as if we walk out of Winston-Salem with a victory, their will be the Deac fans saying "well if we had Riley."

Wake also lost their top defensive lineman to what they were calling a 'high ankle sprain'. His foot was in a boot on the sideline.

Wake rushed for a total of 2 yards and they gave up over 400 yards through the air!!! They don't appear to be a strong as they were last year, but it is only one game. I would think a win would be likely if we have over 400 yds in the air and hold them under 10 yards rushing. :nutz

Wake was really one dimensional. I don't think they can do that against the Huskers without getting killed.

Personally I wouldn't expect a high-flying aerial show for this one. Whether or not anyone will admit it, all that's on the team's mind is SC. The reason I think Callahan is going to rush the ball against Wake much like he did at Nevada (provided it is any bit as effective), is that SC will see an uncanny resemblence to our former days, and have to modify their defensive schemes to counter it, and it will will ultimately leave them vulnerable when the entire playbook is unfolded before their eyes. I think we'll pass, but not nearly as much as we would if it was SC. I know the offensive scheme calls for balance, but what the SC coaches see in the film room is crucial to the chess game of the season in the larger sense.

I could be wrong, but that's what I would do. Murderate those Deacon bastards just like we did to Nevada, and then when SC comes into the sea of red, they won't have the first damn clue what to expect from Keller and his dragons at wide receiver.

:bonez And USC must be razed to the ground. :bonez

Personally I wouldn't expect a high-flying aerial show for this one. Whether or not anyone will admit it, all that's on the team's mind is SC. The reason I think Callahan is going to rush the ball against Wake much like he did at Nevada (provided it is any bit as effective), is that SC will see an uncanny resemblence to our former days, and have to modify their defensive schemes to counter it, and it will will ultimately leave them vulnerable when the entire playbook is unfolded before their eyes. I think we'll pass, but not nearly as much as we would if it was SC. I know the offensive scheme calls for balance, but what the SC coaches see in the film room is crucial to the chess game of the season in the larger sense.

I could be wrong, but that's what I would do. Murderate those Deacon bastards just like we did to Nevada, and then when SC comes into the sea of red, they won't have the first damn clue what to expect from Keller and his dragons at wide receiver.

:bonez And USC must be razed to the ground. :bonez

Dude, I think you're spot on. We'll pass enough to get Mo's feet wet. Hopefully, our D can get more sacks.

IMO BC will do whatever he thinks will work. I doubt anything is held in reserve, just not used if not needed. If BC sees he can run it downhill all day long that's what we'll see. If the run is being stymied he'll try to loosen up the D by using quick timed passes in the horizontal lanes (traditional philosophy of the WCO). What we'll see depends solely on the game plan and how the game unfolds in real time.

IMO BC will do whatever he thinks will work. I doubt anything is held in reserve, just not used if not needed. If BC sees he can run it downhill all day long that's what we'll see. If the run is being stymied he'll try to loosen up the D by using quick timed passes in the horizontal lanes (traditional philosophy of the WCO). What we'll see depends solely on the game plan and how the game unfolds in real time.

:yeah

I don't know if he's the starter, but from what i've read over on the WF board Riley Skinner appears to have suffered a seperated shoulder. link

depends on if it was his throwing shoulder. if it was not a shot of cortazone and he could play next week, if it was then 2-3 weeks for a mild seperation befor ehe can throw without any pain

Agreed. The converse of the "don't reveal the playbook argument" is that the more you open it up, the more SC has to prepare. Further, with a new starter at quarterback we need to get him some game reps in this offense to get the timing down. I think we'll start with the run, but that we'll see a higher number of passes against Wake.