You have to agree with me.

HuskerT

Alright guys, I hate to bring up a negative after such a great game, but you have to agree with me that Terrance Nunn just isn't good enough to be our starting receiver! The game he had yesterday was a complete summary of his entire career and I think Sam Keller and the husker nation deserve better. Two big drops on important possessions in the first half. The guy just doesn't have good enough hands for the west coast offense. Just put a guy in their who can catch the ball or hold on to it when it matters, I don't care how much experience they have. Trust me I'm not a Nunn hater and I'll always pull for him but, I just want what's best for the team.

A couple in the season opener doesn't have the vein appearing on my forehead, but if this continues, we have a looot of depth and youth at that position who will be more than happy to show what they can do. If it keeps up, I've no qualms at all if Callahan gives the nod to someone who can hold onto the ball.

And USC must be razed to the ground.

It just looked like he didn't have his head in the game, especially with the punt return. One off day does not tell me to bench the guy. He's played 4 years as a starter and done really well (see the Michigan game). And the fact that he'll always be remembered and blamed for the Texas loss has got to play in as a mental factor (the defender made a good tackle and just put his helmet on the ball).

Don't throw the guy under bus for a poor performance in the season opener, where he had little chance to redeem himself cause of the rushing dominance.

A couple in the season opener doesn't have the vein appearing on my forehead, but if this continues, we have a looot of depth and youth at that position who will be more than happy to show what they can do. If it keeps up, I've no qualms at all if Callahan gives the nod to someone who can hold onto the ball.

you forgot your :bonez around the usc quote. OH NO!! you broke the streak, we are now doomed.

you forgot your :bonez around the usc quote. OH NO!! you broke the streak, we are now doomed.

Haha, actually I do that a lot when I'm feeling lazy.

:bonez:bonez And USC must be razed to the ground. :bonez:bonez

Alright guys, I hate to bring up a negative after such a great game, but you have to agree with me that Terrance Nunn just isn't good enough to be our starting receiver! The game he had yesterday was a complete summary of his entire career and I think Sam Keller and the husker nation deserve better. Two big drops on important possessions in the first half. The guy just doesn't have good enough hands for the west coast offense. Just put a guy in their who can catch the ball or hold on to it when it matters, I don't care how much experience they have. Trust me I'm not a Nunn hater and I'll always pull for him but, I just want what's best for the team.

Totally disagree, He has already proven himself over the past few years. You can't base a guy's abilities over two plays, especially if its the first game. The coaches see the players perform on a daily basis, and clearly believe that Nunn is the best guy for the job. If they felt he was slipping, I guarantee he would see the bench. Keep the faith, and see results.

TERRENCE NUNN - Receiving

Statistics No Yds Avg TD

2006 42 597 14.2 3

2005 43 495 11.5 7

2004 16 218 13.6 0

Career 101 1,310 13.0 10

The guy has proven that he can play though ... and deserves it. He is probably going to break Johnny Rodgers record for ... receptions? I believe ... give the guy a break ...

Now if you want to get on someone about dropping passes ... get on Thomas Lawson for dropping the ball wide open in the flats for the TD ...

No doubt the guy will break records because he's been playing since he was a freshman in BC's pass oriented offense, but I just think we could do better at that position and I can live with a fullback dropping a pass, but not a WR.

The guy has proven that he can play though ... and deserves it. He is probably going to break Johnny Rodgers record for ... receptions? I believe ... give the guy a break ...

Now if you want to get on someone about dropping passes ... get on Thomas Lawson for dropping the ball wide open in the flats for the TD ...

No doubt the guy will break records because he's been playing since he was a freshman in BC's pass oriented offense, but I just think we could do better at that position and I can live with a fullback dropping a pass, but not a WR.

It happens, even with guys like Jerry Rice. Perfection is unattainable, so don't expect it.

Totally disagree, He has already proven himself over the past few years. You can't base a guy's abilities over two plays, especially if its the first game. The coaches see the players perform on a daily basis, and clearly believe that Nunn is the best guy for the job. If they felt he was slipping, I guarantee he would see the bench. Keep the faith, and see results.

TERRENCE NUNN - Receiving

Statistics No Yds Avg TD

2006 42 597 14.2 3

2005 43 495 11.5 7

2004 16 218 13.6 0

Career 101 1,310 13.0 10

I'll agree with you in terms of his performance in practice. He probably catches everything thats thrown at him and is very knowledgeable at the position, but something happens to certain players when they get in the game. Please understand that this is in no way an attack on Nunn and I agree that the fumble against Texas was a great play by the DB. But the fact is that he's good for a couple of drops a game and I'm afraid that his unsure hands are going to cost us this year.

i said it before the season started, our receivers are way over rated and few could start for any of the other top 20 teams in the nation.

we need consistency, neither Nunn or any of the others have proven this yet. could change during the season, sure, maybe?? but failure to be consistent is not the hallmark of a good receiver and it is damn hard to run the WCO without some good receivers! maybe there is another reason we are running more than passing in this scheme?

taylor went through this too last year as well......dejavu?

It happens, even with guys like Jerry Rice. Perfection is unattainable, so don't expect it.

no one is asking for that, but we have seen too much inconsistency from these guys to ignore it!

i said it before the season started, our receivers are way over rated and few could start for any of the other top 20 teams in the nation.

we need consistency, neither Nunn or any of the others have proven this yet. could change during the season, sure, maybe?? but failure to be consistent is not the hallmark of a good receiver and it is damn hard to run the WCO without some good receivers! maybe there is another reason we are running more than passing in this scheme?

taylor went through this too last year as well......dejavu?

Agree 100%, the west coast offense is dependent on a controlled passing game, which means you need sure handed receivers. Purify coming back this week will help, but I would prefer Swift, Peterson or Erickson at the Z receiver, they're not flashy, but they can catch.