Bowman and Murillo

skersOVRsc

How long, if ever, will it be untill these two are the starting corners? Does it seem like a strange coincidence to any one else that Bowman is backing up Grixby? Seems like a setup for Grixby an Jones to be fighting for the nickle spot. Not trying to bash Grixby, just think it looks like a strong possibility. Thoughts?

Considering that Murillo looked the shakiest of the 4, I wouldn't read too much into it.

Yeah, I agree...the 'Left Cornerback' sport sould end up being the weak part of this defense. Murillo really wasn't sharp, and the fact alone that he beat out Jones for the start is troublesome at best. It didn't matter too much vs. Nevada, but the next couple of weeks could see this become a problem. It only takes one question mark to develop into an opponent's perfect game plan...time for NU to shore this up quick, if possible.

I thought Murrillo did a hell of a job.

also keep in mind andre jones was supposed to be a little dinged up.

If there is one thing we should know by now, every player (jucos are no exception) has to go through an adjustment period when playing at a division I level. Since Asante and Murillo have been here since spring practice I imagine they will step up earlier in the year than bowman and jones did. and we can only hope that it will be by the USC game.

How long, if ever, will it be untill these two are the starting corners? Does it seem like a strange coincidence to any one else that Bowman is backing up Grixby? Seems like a setup for Grixby an Jones to be fighting for the nickle spot. Not trying to bash Grixby, just think it looks like a strong possibility. Thoughts?

Considering that Murillo looked the shakiest of the 4, I wouldn't read too much into it.

Yeah, I agree...the 'Left Cornerback' sport sould end up being the weak part of this defense. Murillo really wasn't sharp, and the fact alone that he beat out Jones for the start is troublesome at best. It didn't matter too much vs. Nevada, but the next couple of weeks could see this become a problem. It only takes one question mark to develop into an opponent's perfect game plan...time for NU to shore this up quick, if possible.

I'm willing to rack it up to the 1st game.

I'm willing to rack it up to the 1st game.

4 tackles and a pass break up is pretty good IMO.

I think there will be a steady rotation of the corners this year. As Bowman gets more up to speed, he will probally get more reps and play probally the most out of everyone. I think the other three will probally get about even reps unless one pulls way ahead or falls way behind.

He's not a safety! He is supposed to be a "lock down" corner. He is supposed to hold Turner, Sweed, Kelly and allow the others to concentrate of the rush and stopping the run. He is not that type of healthy and won't be that way this season.

Just like there was no way he was going to be coming back this season............... <_<

The way the coaches were subbing them all in through out the game, it might not matter who is starting. I just like the fact that we can keep the corners fresh with the depth we have. Probably be a few more games til you see Bowman on the field for a majority of the snaps.

Bowman is not healthy. He won't be at 100% anytime this season.

:wtf<_<