A Call to Arms - MU ticketholders this is for you

Guest Huskerboard

I believe a school from olsen's team was rated in the top 20 last year overall in high school last year.

If you're talking about Millard North I believe they were in the top 10 Midwest schools according to USA Today but not in the Super 25.

I believe they were in the usaprep top25, don't know if they finished there but they were at one time. Here's one poll I found.

link

I know at least two people who have experienced the same thing he is talking about. People who would rather bitch at the game no less than have a good time and be a FAN.

I agree with him 100% Amongst all this talk and BS, some people forget how to be a fan if they ever knew to being with.

Think of it on the bright side now that Callahan is standing on the sidelines you will have fewer games to hear people complaining about nebraska football. no big 12 champ, and dream on about a bowl game

I know at least two people who have experienced the same thing he is talking about.  People who would rather bitch at the game no less than have a good time and be a FAN.

I agree with him 100% Amongst all this talk and BS, some people forget how to be a fan  if they ever knew to being with.

Think of it on the bright side now that Callahan is standing on the sidelines you will have fewer games to hear people complaining about nebraska football. no big 12 champ, and dream on about a bowl game

I am hopeful you will be eating your words sooner than later. But then I am sure you will be coming here talking like you never jumped ship.

I know at least two people who have experienced the same thing he is talking about.  People who would rather bitch at the game no less than have a good time and be a FAN.

I agree with him 100% Amongst all this talk and BS, some people forget how to be a fan  if they ever knew to being with.

I am hopeful you will be eating your words sooner than later. But then I am sure you will be coming here talking like you never jumped ship.

I don't know about that guy but I still like the huskers and always will. What I think is going to happen and what I want to happen are 2 different things.

I don't know about that guy but I still like the huskers and always will. What I think is going to happen and what I want to happen are 2 different things.

I am sure, but sometimes it's hard to remember that with all the crap that flys around here.

In regards to recruiting Nebraska kids, we need to look at the past. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Ahman Green, Eric Crouch, Scott Frost, Grixby, etal come from Nebraska? We have some players here in the state. I'll give you that most if not all are from Class A schools, but why should we be recruiting kids from 8 man teams anyway? Probably the best player we ever screwed was Wilson Thomas. He was tall, and he was fast. He could have probably been a premiere receiver for a Florida school. However, we didn't get him the ball much so no one really knew about his hands. I guess the whole point is some of the most elite players to go through the program have been guess what? Nebraska natives!

Without the walk-on program, we never would have gotten guys like the Mackovica brothers, Scheschlinger, etc. We may not know for another 2-5 years, but I think what Callahan did with the walk-on program was a HUGE mistake. Time will tell, just like the coaching.