***Official USC Game Discussion Thread***

Their is one thing about it -- anyone who says we cannot play with USC is dumb .. me included. The offense came out ready to play, and so did the DB's (minus Asante). But the front 7 is just getting whipped towards the end of the half, not so much earlier.

I know some people will be quick to jump on Cosgrove, but the biggest problem, as simple as it is, is just we cannot tackle. It isn't the younger guys, but players like Bowman, Ruud, McKeon, Suh, Potter. I mean, USC's offense is good enough already, we don't need to make them look better than they are. Until the last part of USC's final drive, those boys were in position time and time again to make plays, but it looks like they almost refuse to. The gameplan is working, the execution is just so pitiful it is beyond believable.

As far as HCBC's playcalling -- I don't blame him on the drive for a FG to call the delay run. USC was pinning its ears back to come after Keller, so we expected to catch them in overpursuit and pick up a first. Unfortunately, USC stayed true and made the play, unlike us.

This game so far is about nothing more than execution so far. As far as gameplan and players, we are not getting whooped AT ALL. Our players are just not doing the little things for us.

Grr, my last post got buried at the bottom of the last page. I'm reposting it just because I'm pissed off and want to see if anyone agrees with my theory (not that I'm accusing Pete Carroll of anything *eyeroll*).

Checking in here at the half . . .

Now I'm not going to accuse Pete Carroll of anything, but I'm just going to say those two injured guys were laying there on the field a VERY long time. A curiously long time when considering that your whole game depends on making the home crowd a nonfactor.

I'm just saying. And it's REALLY pissing me off, because if that first guy hadn't laid there for a freakin' hour, NEBRASKA WOULD BE WINNING THIS GAME.

Keller has been amazing so far, and Glenn has been way better than I expected. Here's to a second half for the ages, and GO BIG RED! :bonez

Quick observations...I'm sure they're obvious.

Our D-Line needs to pick it up. Guys need to tackle.

Our rushing game needs to start existing. Help out Keller, huh? Nice play by our receivers thus far.

And - not our fault - but we need to start catching these breaks (muffed kick returns) when they come to us.

Also, good to see Glenn back and banging in those goal line carries.

Now I'm not going to accuse Pete Carroll of anything, but I'm just going to say those two injured guys were laying there on the field a VERY long time. A curiously long time when considering that your whole game depends on making the home crowd a nonfactor.

I'm just saying. And it's REALLY pissing me off, because if that first guy hadn't laid there for a freakin' hour, NEBRASKA WOULD BE WINNING THIS GAME.

Keller has been amazing so far, and Glenn has been way better than I expected. Here's to a second half for the ages, and GO BIG RED! :bonez

I have seen this before from other teams at The Los Angeles Coliseum...I'm happy to report that not once has our crowd ever booed an injured player exiting the field. That was pretty poor sportsmanship on behalf of the crowd in Lincoln. Pretty sad indeed. If you think USC is cheating...call up the NCAA and complain, but don't boo an injured player. That really was low class.

"act like you've been there before, son"

nebraska has been there. husker fans know how to act.

trojans boosers? they've been there before. 11 times, in fact. yet, i've seen buff fans act with a little more class.

and if you know colorado and their fans, you know how much of a burn that is.

Grr, my last post got buried at the bottom of the last page. I'm reposting it just because I'm pissed off and want to see if anyone agrees with my theory (not that I'm accusing Pete Carroll of anything *eyeroll*).

Actually, that first guy was after a huge momentum shift in USC's favor (on their long kick return). I don't think there's anything to be seen here, and you can never deal too lightly with injuries in this sport.

running game sucks for us

stopping their running game sucks for us.

We had the momentum for awhile there when we got our first TD, and we have since lost it. And I think the defense has been a huge part of hurting our chances. If they can't stop the run, we'll lose. Because I haven't seen a threat from Booty in air yet. His long balls are over shot.

And we need to get another running back in to try and get some yards. Because Lucky's going nowhere!! And maybe they're just too powerful for us to run against, and if so...get us away from the run game then. I do like that we HAVE been passing more than last year. Keller does look better than the first two games.

And last but not least, what the hell is with Callahan??? That last possession before half was mind boggling. And maybe that was the point. But with less than minute on the clock he just starts running the ball to run the clock out. Then we get caught in a fourth down situation where we are forced to punt it....but we get lucky and get the ball back with a first down. So with even less time left Callahan decides to actually try now??? What happened to run the clock out? But okay, I'll follow you there. So after a pass attempt or two he decides to run the ball with less then 10 seconds left??!??! AFTER OUR RUNNING GAME SUCKS ASS?!?!? YOU REALLY EXPECT LUCKY TO GET A 50+ YARD TD OFF THE RUN?! Well, I thought, maybe he's just decided to run the clock out. But what's that? He used a time out with 2 seconds left? Then why the hell did we just run the last play?!?!?!! UGH, I'm screaming my head off here at the way we look.

step it up Huskers! Prove that we belong back in the spotlight. Beat your first top 10 team!

GO BIG RED!

okay, cosgrove. have a talk with the boys. tell them about that 'tackling' thing and how it's been known to stop 45yrd runs before they even begin.

it works. seriously. ask charlie mcbride.

There is another problem --- one I did not expect. Suh, our best DL is being absolutely owned. He is being dominated and blown out in a man versus boy manner on almost every play. the inside holes are enourmous.

Now something positive. What we are seeing is what a dominant offensive line can do to a defense. We have a slug of young OL recruits who in due time could be the caliber of what USC has now. Maybe someday it will the Big Red owning the interior.

Tonight? I understand that of the 3 deep Ol at USC every one was at least a 4 start recruit and 1/2 were 5 star. The talant gap relative to our DL is huge. We cannot expect our kids to hang with that. Cos, OK maybe not the best Defensive coach but no amount of coaching can do anything about your interior lineman being driven five yards straight off the line instantly. They are too strong, too explosive and too quick up front.

I have seen this before from other teams at The Los Angeles Coliseum...I'm happy to report that not once has our crowd ever booed an injured player exiting the field. That was pretty poor sportsmanship on behalf of the crowd in Lincoln. Pretty sad indeed. If you think USC is cheating...call up the NCAA and complain, but don't boo an injured player. That really was low class.

We boo'd an injured player? Yea uh huh, since when, the announcers even commented the aplause in the background was cuz the guy left the field

:asshat

I have seen this before from other teams at The Los Angeles Coliseum...I'm happy to report that not once has our crowd ever booed an injured player exiting the field. That was pretty poor sportsmanship on behalf of the crown in Lincoln. Pretty sad indeed.

okay, who booed? they were clapping. as in, 'we show support for you and hope you get better'.

buddy, check your sound or put down the shot glass.

Tell you what, here's what the boys need to do. Get out there and have some fun with this game. There's nothing to lose here. Play hard, play smart, don't worry about making the big play every time. Small victories, one by one. Take chances, throw it deep. Run the ball when you can. If we lose, ah well, but I don't think we will. Our D-line is going to come out and play football. They're going to correct what needs to be fixed, and then we're going to start marching down the field with our snappy QB Sam Keller.

Damn, you better believe it.

That sounds like Lou Holts pregame speech.