I'm not DOWN....Are You?

Armistead

BTW- another positive, Cody Glenn was on the field and looked pretty good, running and catching (pass protect was OK)

That defensvie line was pretty bad but I'm most worried about the linebackers. They were supposed to fill those gaps. they were out of position and looked R-r-r-e-e-e-a-a-a-l-l-l-l-y S-s-s-s-l-l-l-----o-o-o-------w-w-w-w.

I'm not down. The days of getting myself upset over Husker wins & losses is gone. This is reality, we are an average team with maybe an average coach. Even with talent on the field we will get average results.

I will always love the Huskers and will never stop watching, but my expectations have changed greatly.

I was stunned early in the 2nd Half....Keller and the Huskers just stubbed their toe and it seem to snowball.....Usc is a very fine team that took advantage of NU's mistakes and made the Huskers pay....but at the end of it all, I saw some very.....very encouraging things.....Nebraska never quit......Nebraska can move the ball on anyone.......and NU will not see an O-line or a D-line as good as this until the Big12 Title game......I honestly think that we are done losing games.......the Texas game will be tough, but Nu can and will score agin them....the OSU game looked like trouble, but I think the Pokes have taken a step back, aTm is no SC and we will move the ball all day long agin them...as for KSU and Mizzou, well that just comes down too talent....we got it and they don't.............

thats what I took away from this game today....our D-line is young and LB's need to quit running themselves outta position.....and for god's sake.....TACKLE....but the talent is there...we saw that tonight.....

Huskers will only lose one more if that b 4 Big12 Title Game.......I think we have turned a corner....as crazy as that may seem right now.......this team has talent

GBR

Interesting outlook Armistead. I think your quote here

thats what I took away from this game today....our D-line is young and LB's need to quit running themselves outta position.....and for god's sake.....TACKLE....but the talent is there...we saw that tonight.....

pretty much sums up what I'm thinking.

We had 15 minutes of good football. USC adjusted and we got embarrassed. The 4th quarter stats mean ZERO. We didnt belong on the same field. They did whatever they wanted in the 2nd and 3rd quarter. We looked worse than last year. And their defense made plays, we didn't stub our toe. Give them all the credit, they played perfect football and outscored us 35-0 in 2 quarters. That is not encouraging for what everyone called and 'overrated' team on this board.

We had 15 minutes of good football. USC adjusted and we got embarrassed. The 4th quarter stats mean ZERO. We didnt belong on the same field. They did whatever they wanted in the 2nd and 3rd quarter. We looked worse than last year. And their defense made plays, we didn't stub our toe. Give them all the credit, they played perfect football and outscored us 35-0 in 2 quarters. That is not encouraging for what everyone called and 'overrated' team on this board.

Wrong on most accounts, as usual.

We had far more than just a quarter of good football. The entire first half was good, even though USC did start to dominate some towards the end of the second.

The 4th quarter stats mean plenty. Sure, it was against USC's lower lines, but it is still encouraging to see the offense put things together like that. We didn't drop many balls, Keller was checking down nicely when he needed to, and he showed he can be pretty consistent and accurate.

That people on this board called them overrated means nothing. Nearly everyone calls USC overrated every year, all year.

In the end, USC showed they are the best team in the country for a reason. They're simply on a different level than Nebraska, and contrary to what you think, that is to be expected at this point.

Our defense, unfortunately, did not look so great, mainly due to horrid execution and exceptional play by USC's O-line. The last two games have shown we really need some improvements there.

I've already explained why the 4th quarter was still encouraging. I'm not going to again when you can just go back up there and read it yourself.

In the second quarter, USC was still having to work to move the ball. They were starting to turn the momentum on us, but overall play was still looking pretty decent even though it was obviously starting to slip.

And finally, if you fail to even read my posts like you did with the first one, I'm just not going to bother answering your posts anymore.

I feel pretty good about the never give up effort of the offense. But I'm sure glad Craig Bohl had the D work extra hard on tackling this week.

Nebraska needed to play near perfect to have a chance and everything was going well when it was a promising 10-7. Then just like last year they catch an unbelievable lucky break when a fumble bounces perfect for them right to their player who advances it just like it was written that way. Actually I'm certain USC worked all week with a team of writers, a director, choreographer, and stunt coordinator so they could pull that off just right. Nothing too good for Carol's boys.

I'll say the game showed we are no where near a top ten team yet. Then again yesterday exposed some other pretenders like maybe...UCLA?

But we did lose to the NUMBER ONE team that some claim is their best of the last seven years. The season will determine whether that is true but there is no shame in getting beat by one of the best teams in the country.

Side note: Heck they are playing with our players! I heard channel 7 mention that Nebraska recruited 56 of the USC players while USC recruited only two of Nebraska's. I think we'll close that gap.