Anyone Else Think Peterson Earned Some Extra PT?

I think he did. He showed some toughness and heart fighting to get into the endzone the first time and continued to play hard throughout the whole end of the game. I say let's give him some more PT! He played inspired football even when we were down a lot. I know it was against SC's second team, but still...

You bet your a$$ he deserves more playing time. I can't remember if it was Erickson or Peterson that had a nice catch up the middle but got slammed. He got back up and held on to the ball.

I think he did. He showed some toughness and heart fighting to get into the endzone the first time and continued to play hard throughout the whole end of the game. I say let's give him some more PT! He played inspired football even when we were down a lot. I know it was against SC's second team, but still...

You bet your a$$ he deserves more playing time. I can't remember if it was Erickson or Peterson that had a nice catch up the middle but got slammed. He got back up and held on to the ball.

haha I thought it was Hardy! What we do know is that it was someone and that it was awesome. Our receivers impress the hell out of me.

haha I thought it was Hardy! What we do know is that it was someone and that it was awesome. Our receivers impress the hell out of me.

It was Hardy...... surprised me, too.

And, Todd Peterson is one of my favorite Huskers. Despite the circumstances on the scoreboard, I still loved seeing him get in the Zone twice!! That fight to finish a ballgame when you're getting run is noteworthy....

He played better than any of our WR's hands down.

It was Hardy...... surprised me, too.

And, Todd Peterson is one of my favorite Huskers. Despite the circumstances on the scoreboard, I still loved seeing him get in the Zone twice!! That fight to finish a ballgame when you're getting run is noteworthy....

Peterson had one as well then...I distinctly remeber turning to one of my buddies and mentioning at the time how awesome of a catch it was and how I couldn't fathom how he hung on to the ball. They showed him on the sideline right after that. Someone was asking him if he was OK and he was nodding he was. He went on to catch 2 TDs after that...simply awesome...for a walkon no less...

As someone who has a personal interested in watching how much Todd plays, I can say he DID get alot of playing time. I would say if you looked at the percentage of plays he was on the field, this is probably the highest to date. What seems to get overlooked sometimes, is he is in on alot of running plays where he doesn't get the ball or in the 3 or 4 receiver sets and Keller looks another direction.

I have been told he is one of the only receivers that understands all 3 of the receiving positions (X, Y, Z) and that is what helps him stay on the field as he can shift between them.

Great job Todd, way to keep working through the whole game!!

I think Todd, Danny Erickson, Swift and Purify had great games tonight.

These guys are our four best receivers, by FAR. Get Hardy out of the starting lineup!

EDIT: That said, even Hardy and Nunn had good games last night. I think Hardy only dropped one or two and the one of Nunn's they reviewed definitely looked like a catch to me. Even Herbstreit and Musberger said that one should have been overturned.

Our receivers definately improved this week and that's great. I hope our defense can change that quick as well. :thumbs

Agreed. And you may not have seen it, but our receivers blocked well too.

Overall, our offense is vastly improved over where it was circa 2003. Same thing with our special teams play (which, other than that fluke fumble that went USC's way...) which I thought was outstanding.

It's just too bad our defense seems to have regressed since 2003. :(