Coz

HSKRNOKC

Fire his ass or give him some time?  

86 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There is nothing Cosgrove, Busch or Wyatt could have done. This game was won in the weight room. The scary thing is I called Dirty Dale at half time and we agreed, you could see it coming. There isn't a god damn defensive play call or friggin scheme in the world that can defend pure toughness, speed and strength. As I said Nebraska fans should know that.............

Okay, the poll stands at 7 keep him, and 11 fire his ass.

That will be seven cups of Kool Aid coming right up.

:wasted

Hahah.

Anyway, (and this isn't to you, CH) this isn't a binary situation. No one is *that* upset that we lost. It's how badly we lost. Even if we don't have the best of the best on the field, a well-coached team in the top 20 shouldn't have allowed that many points. It's the nature of the loss that us upsetting. So, arguments that don't carry any weight for the people who are upset about the quality of the loss are: 1) "Dis were teh #1 team! What did u expect 2 happen?! LOL!" and 2) "Dem guys is faster and stronger! What did you expect, to see teh win?! LAWLZ!" Seeing a win as the only alternative is a false dichotomy.

No, I didn't *expect* to win, but i thought a close game was probable and a win was w/in the realm of possibility. It didn't take long to see that neither of those were even remotely possible. Idaho rushed for more yards than we did against them and gave up fewer yards and fewer points. That should be really, really unsettling. We made up for our own lack of production on the ground by getting it in the air. However, to steal an idea I read in another thread, we made up for our lack of defense by putting endzones at the end of the field. At least that way they couldn't get more than 100 yards per carry.

I will give him the rest of the year, but if the D continues be bad and the schemes put is in a bad position then he needs to go. This USC game was more about the players then the coaching IMO. A lot of times the players were in the right position they just didn't make the plays. I am quite sure they stress tackling. I don't know how else they could teach a player to wrap up a running back instead of putting your head down and arm tackling. Some of that has to be on the players and they did take the blame. When we loaded up against the run they passed to the backs or tight ends, when we didn't load up they just ran over us. It wasn't the schemes this game, it was just pure domination by their o line. Hopefully that won't happen as we progress. Hopefully this D takes this lesson to heart, otherwise Cosgrove and Elmo need to go. Heck I think even promoting Busch to head D coordinator might get better results, but who knows. Lets see how they do the rest of the year.

Lets also remember USC had 2 weeks to prepare for us and so will Mizzou (although I think we match up better with them since they are more a passing team).

Firing Coz would be like trying to heal a broken leg with a band-aid. We need to clean house.

huh?

Ooh, I love a good role playing! As irrelevant as it is, I would let this season play out. Assuming things continued as they have been, I would tell Callahan he has to shake up his staff and simplify certain aspects of his playcalling or he's gone. I'm tired of seeing our QBs constantly running back and forth to the sidelines getting plays and not getting lined up in time to run his stupid motion and read the defense. The new clock rules have just exacerbated that problem. Delay of game penalties (especially at home) are simply unacceptable.

which is it?