Octo yellin' at Coz??!!

SkerMin8r

Cosgrove sucks. I would love to see some video of that yelling session. I want to watch a few plays again to see just how bad Ruud and McKeon were... are there any clips out there?

Don't forget to throw Steinkuler under the bus too! I watched the game again and focused on D-line. Steinkuler got driven about 5 yards off the line on every running play and his backup Dixon was no better. Mckeon and Ruud were a couple of steps to slow and couldn't fill the huge holes. My guess is that every team we play will run similar running plays till we prove we can stop em. I just couldn't believe that Cosgrove didn't make any adjustments. He's definitely in over his head, we'll never be a legit contender till we get a better DC.

I think the offense has definitely progressed a lot more than the defense in the last 4 years.

That's all I'm going to say about that.

I like the offense, not impressed with the huge ass holes left by the d-line. At this point, I agree that coz has to go, but cally needs to stay. I, overall, like what he has been able to accomplish. Now just fix the D.

Get rid of Cosgrove and I honestly don't think we will lose another game all season. We have the talent, we have the offensive firepower. With Cosgrove we will be very lucky to avoid another 2-3 losses and another mediocre bowl game.

Yes some of you will say Coz needs to stay, he'll shape up. No he won't. Hes had 4 years to shape up, and he has done literally nothing in his time there. We need a good steady defense to win games, and I just don't trust Coz to get it done for us...

yeah, that makes sense, get rid of the coach NOW, and we will experience instant success. look, we are what we are and the coaches are not going anywhere, at least right now.

the piss poor play was not all due to coaching, if you think that you are sadly mistaken.

Cosgrove sucks. I would love to see some video of that yelling session. I want to watch a few plays again to see just how bad Ruud and McKeon were... are there any clips out there?

Don't forget to throw Steinkuler under the bus too! I watched the game again and focused on D-line. Steinkuler got driven about 5 yards off the line on every running play and his backup Dixon was no better. Mckeon and Ruud were a couple of steps to slow and couldn't fill the huge holes. My guess is that every team we play will run similar running plays till we prove we can stop em. I just couldn't believe that Cosgrove didn't make any adjustments. He's definitely in over his head, we'll never be a legit contender till we get a better DC.

unbelievable. go back and read your post, carefully. this is not so much about coaching, it is about being OUT MANNED! :w00t you can't make steak out of goddamn hamberger. our defense is hamberger, nothing the coaches can do will change that, unless we stack the middle and leave the DB's completely alone.

if we would have made that adjustment against SC, Booty would have thrown the ball all over us.

it begins with a strong front 4. you either got 'em or you don't.

The run D was pathetic, I dont think it was an issue of scheme though. Very often the players were in position to make a play and due to poor angles, poor tackling and poor effort they didnt. IMO Coz did ok in his stratagy, I just think he is a poor LB's coach. Coz is not one of the top 10 DC's in the country (understatement), hell hes probably not in the top 30, but this one falls heavilly on the players.

unbelievable. go back and read your post, carefully. this is not so much about coaching, it is about being OUT MANNED! :w00t you can't make steak out of goddamn hamberger. our defense is hamberger, nothing the coaches can do will change that, unless we stack the middle and leave the DB's completely alone.

if we would have made that adjustment against SC, Booty would have thrown the ball all over us. it begins with a strong front 4. you either got 'em or you don't.

You're probably right that Booty would have tried to throw the ball all over us.............at least then they would have to try and do something new besides run it down our throat. The run had already proven to be effective for them so why not see if we could stop the pass?

The run D was pathetic, I dont think it was an issue of scheme though. Very often the players were in position to make a play and due to poor angles, poor tackling and poor effort they didnt. IMO Coz did ok in his stratagy, I just think he is a poor LB's coach. Coz is not one of the top 10 DC's in the country (understatement), hell hes probably not in the top 30, but this one falls heavilly on the players.

Totally agree with all points here. D-Line was overmatched and LB's need to learn how to breakdown and make the damn tackle!! Mekeon and Rudd are sooooooo bad. Octavien and Dillard play with a motor and you can see they have a passion to play the position.

Back to the topic at hand... can anyone confirm or deny that Octo was yelling at Coz?

PLEASE!!! I didn't intend for this thread to become a "Fire Cosgrove" thread. There's is another thread already started for that. I really want to know if this happened...because if it did we have got SERIOUS problems. I coach who doesn't have the respect of his player (regardless of what you all think of that coach) cannot effectively coach...period. I know that many of you are saying right now," Yeah...tell me something I don't know." But seriously, if he's lost them already this season then I believe we can expect A LOT more loses this seaon.

There's no way Coz gets fired until the end of the season. So we better all hope and pray he doesn't completely lose control of his players or it is going to be a VERY long season.

First I've never been a fan of Coz and if by some chance he produced the #1 D in the country I might (unlikely) change my mind. I believe he's only ever had one D ranked better than 50th in his career and that was his first year here. I could be wrong though.

We keep talking about Coz and yes the LB's played terrible as did the D line and the O line on in the running game but as Callahan has had to focus on the Offense to keep his job and keep the naysayers off his back you can see a lack of talent on the Defensive side. First there's a reason that Juco's are at Juco's and it isn't always because of grades. Second Ty steinkuler as your starter says a lot about talent. We are poorly coached on Defense but we also are lacking in talent. Octavian had some TD saving plays but he too was out of position most of the night. No McKeon doesn't look like he has the fire he did last year. They look unmotivated to say the least.

Back to the topic at hand... can anyone confirm or deny that Octo was yelling at Coz?

PLEASE!!! I didn't intend for this thread to become a "Fire Cosgrove" thread.

Any thread that has an inkling of talking about defense will become a Fire Cosgrove thread. Tis the way of the free Husker internet message board.

There was about 80,000 fans yelling at Coz during the 4th quarter, not counting the ones watching on TV.

:hellloooo:hellloooo:hellloooo

Not that I don't agree, but there was only about 40,000 people left in Memorial in the 4th Quarter - it was a pretty pathetic site. Whatever happened to "We'll all stick together, through all kinds of weather." I was there, I watched the final ticks of the clock - props to those of you who stuck it out with me.

GBR