Yes, the California Husker is right again

Yes, USC is the number 1 team in the land. Gues what? The then ranked 14 team in the land put up 31 points on their ass and lost by 18. The D-line holds three USC drives and it's a game but they didn't, they allowed them to shove the ball down our throats. If we had a decent defense (and I believe we have the talent to be decent) then we could compete with the USCs of this game. I love the offensive production and what has come about it the last 4 years but our pride and joy Blackshirts have gone in reverse. Fire coz, don't fire coz...whatever but the situation needs to be fixed before conference play. But hey, BALL ST needs to watch out because there will be some pissed off huskers comming after them this weekend!!

GBR

Don't fool yourself. The real score should have been 49-10. Scoring against USCs reserves in the 4th? Please. Keller puts up a ridiculous statistical game? Booty didn't have the stats but his team won. Which is, still, the only stat that matters. If this and that, it still amounts to us getting outplayed, outcoached and thus dominated. This really only adds to the hype surrounding this year's USC team as being "the greatest in the history of college football" which makes me sick. They would have been blown off the field by the '95 squad.

And, in all actuality, if I'm Ball State right now I like my chances. We're like Louisville without the volume of offensive output.

Yes, USC is the number 1 team in the land. Gues what? The then ranked 14 team in the land put up 31 points on their ass and lost by 18. The D-line holds three USC drives and it's a game but they didn't, they allowed them to shove the ball down our throats. If we had a decent defense (and I believe we have the talent to be decent) then we could compete with the USCs of this game. I love the offensive production and what has come about it the last 4 years but our pride and joy Blackshirts have gone in reverse. Fire coz, don't fire coz...whatever but the situation needs to be fixed before conference play. But hey, BALL ST needs to watch out because there will be some pissed off huskers comming after them this weekend!!

GBR

Don't fool yourself. The real score should have been 49-10. Scoring against USCs reserves in the 4th? Please. Keller puts up a ridiculous statistical game? Booty didn't have the stats but his team won. Which is, still, the only stat that matters. If this and that, it still amounts to us getting outplayed, outcoached and thus dominated. This really only adds to the hype surrounding this year's USC team as being "the greatest in the history of college football" which makes me sick. They would have been blown off the field by the '95 squad.

And, in all actuality, if I'm Ball State right now I like my chances. We're like Louisville without the volume of offensive output.

That is the most assanine thing i've heard. I'm not calling them the greatest team in the history of college football, Booty didn't need the stats for his team to win, his backs had the stats. It's not always about the QB, and don't mention the '95 team. We are in 2007, the '95 team may have been the best team of all time but they are not the ones playing on the field right now and it doesn't matter if they could have beat this USC team, the '95 team played there season, won their championship, let the 2007 team make a name of it's own without you having to live in the past.

IMO Coz needs to stop focusing on recruiting so much and start worrying more about his Defense! I don't know maybe enroll in some classes himself....maybe Defensive Coordinator 101?

Here is another thing that really blew my mind...N. Suh, who benches nearly 500 lbs., was dominated by a TRUE FRESHMAN Center!!!! I think that deserves a majorly WTF!

Here is another thing that really blew my mind...N. Suh, who benches nearly 500 lbs., was dominated by a TRUE FRESHMAN Center!!!! I think that deserves a majorly WTF!

And he should be extremely embarrassed after they showed a replay of the O'Dowd putting Suh on his ass before Suh even get out of his stance.

Glad I missed that...maybe God temporarily blinded me for that play...ehh...that or the alcohol. ;)

That is the most assanine thing i've heard.

Good point.

I'm not calling them the greatest team in the history of college football, Booty didn't need the stats for his team to win, his backs had the stats. It's not always about the QB, and don't mention the '95 team. We are in 2007, the '95 team may have been the best team of all time but they are not the ones playing on the field right now and it doesn't matter if they could have beat this USC team, the '95 team played there season, won their championship, let the 2007 team make a name of it's own without you having to live in the past.

I think you missed the point. The final score was not indicative of how close the game was. To say anything else is comical. It wasn't a matter of "if our defense put together 3 stops" or anything else. The game was out of hand well before that point.

This goes back to my comment about the only statistic that matters. We are definitely gravitating towards mediocrity if we hang our hats on the statistics of our offensive production and not the outcome of the game. Did they score when we needed them to? No. The first touchdown was a gift from USC as we got the 2 yards needed to gain a first down on a penalty, then we had 3 attempts to pound the ball 2 yards for the score. Booty didn't have a statistically awesome game, he didn't need to. That's one thing we agree on. He did what he had to do to win, hand the ball off to his backs and watch them explode basically untouched for 15 yards at a time.

One last comment: I'm surely not living in the past. I was merely comparing this year's USC team (which the press has drawn comparisons, albeit in SoCal) to the fan-voted best team of all time. I think, given the press, it was a fair thing to do.

That is the most assanine thing i've heard.

Good point.

I'm not calling them the greatest team in the history of college football, Booty didn't need the stats for his team to win, his backs had the stats. It's not always about the QB, and don't mention the '95 team. We are in 2007, the '95 team may have been the best team of all time but they are not the ones playing on the field right now and it doesn't matter if they could have beat this USC team, the '95 team played there season, won their championship, let the 2007 team make a name of it's own without you having to live in the past.

I think you missed the point. The final score was not indicative of how close the game was. To say anything else is comical. It wasn't a matter of "if our defense put together 3 stops" or anything else. The game was out of hand well before that point.

This goes back to my comment about the only statistic that matters. We are definitely gravitating towards mediocrity if we hang our hats on the statistics of our offensive production and not the outcome of the game. Did they score when we needed them to? No. The first touchdown was a gift from USC as we got the 2 yards needed to gain a first down on a penalty, then we had 3 attempts to pound the ball 2 yards for the score. Booty didn't have a statistically awesome game, he didn't need to. That's one thing we agree on. He did what he had to do to win, hand the ball off to his backs and watch them explode basically untouched for 15 yards at a time.

One last comment: I'm surely not living in the past. I was merely comparing this year's USC team (which the press has drawn comparisons, albeit in SoCal) to the fan-voted best team of all time. I think, given the press, it was a fair thing to do.

Your right, the score wasn't indicative of how close the game was, I found the ability for them to be able to run the way they did comical on it's own, kind of gave me a "what can you do" type of laugh while watching the game from my sons hospital room. As for the IF, every body plays the if game. You say the game was well out of hand at the point we should have made three stops, is 21-10 out of hand? Anyways, good argument.

GBR

That is the most assanine thing i've heard. I'm not calling them the greatest team in the history of college football, Booty didn't need the stats for his team to win, his backs had the stats. It's not always about the QB, and don't mention the '95 team. We are in 2007, the '95 team may have been the best team of all time but they are not the ones playing on the field right now and it doesn't matter if they could have beat this USC team, the '95 team played there season, won their championship, let the 2007 team make a name of it's own without you having to live in the past.

That's not what I got from NEHuskers post at all.

Every year that there's a dominating team, they will always be compared to the '95 Huskers..Until there's a better team.

It would be fun to see a game between our '95 team and any other contender that comes along. This year's squad had a fleeting chance to put the inevitable speculation to rest (Like Texas' Vince Young did for us Last time there was a contender for that mythical title "Best in History" by beating USC).

We may not have sunk down to the level of losing to the Ball States of the world..But remember when it was embarrassing even scheduling them?

IMO Coz needs to stop focusing on recruiting so much and start worrying more about his Defense! I don't know maybe enroll in some classes himself....maybe Defensive Coordinator 101?

:wtf