it took 20yrs last time

godd2

Right now i am torn up that we performed so badly against USC. They dominated us in every aspect of the game but i guess atleast we know where we are compared to the best. look at many of our division rivals, who are they playing?? Mizzou played southern missouri from springfield...really...this week they have illinois state redbirds, that should help them get ready for us. KU and KSU arent much better.

I guess we have to remember national championships arent easy to get. it took us 20 years from one set of glory days to the next. i dont think it will be that long this time but it does take time. BC is bringing in the talent. the AD is schedualing the competition we need to get better and know where we stand. we could schedual the cream puffs out there every game but any coach knows you dont get better playing those type of teams.

this year is far from over, we have very winnable games from here on out. We are just not to the elite status we all think we should be but then again how many teams are? USC, Oklahoma where were they in the 90s? Nobody stays on top forever but the great programs come back and so shall we.

GBR

No you just dont get it. You're one of the apologists that is supporting the very people that are ruining this program and our great history. This once great team is running into the ground. We'll be lucky to finish 4-8 this year, and within 3 years we'll rank below Temple.

<_<:sarcasm

That's what I've been getting out of most people here recently, anyways.

No you just dont get it. You're one of the apologists that is supporting the very people that are ruining this program and our great history. This once great team is running into the ground. We'll be lucky to finish 4-8 this year, and within 3 years we'll rank below Temple.

<_<:sarcasm

That's what I've been getting out of most people here recently, anyways.

:rollin:rollin

Wow, I know our D is bad but damn! ranked below temple?!

:rollin:rollin

Right now i am torn up that we performed so badly against USC. They dominated us in every aspect of the game but i guess atleast we know where we are compared to the best. look at many of our division rivals, who are they playing?? Mizzou played southern missouri from springfield...really...this week they have illinois state redbirds, that should help them get ready for us. KU and KSU arent much better.

I guess we have to remember national championships arent easy to get. it took us 20 years from one set of glory days to the next. i dont think it will be that long this time but it does take time. BC is bringing in the talent. the AD is schedualing the competition we need to get better and know where we stand. we could schedual the cream puffs out there every game but any coach knows you dont get better playing those type of teams.

this year is far from over, we have very winnable games from here on out. We are just not to the elite status we all think we should be but then again how many teams are? USC, Oklahoma where were they in the 90s? Nobody stays on top forever but the great programs come back and so shall we.

GBR

Agreed, but USC didn't 'dominate' our offense until they were put in a position to be one-dimensional. And our special teams are a hell of a lot better than they were during the Solich era.

As I've said before--if we had a defense that could have stopped the run even JUST occasionally, we win that game.

We're getting there, but we need to have patience, lest we end up like Notre Dame.

GBR

Agreed, but USC didn't 'dominate' our offense until they were put in a position to be one-dimensional. And our special teams are a hell of a lot better than they were during the Solich era.

As I've said before--if we had a defense that could have stopped the run even JUST occasionally, we win that game.

We're getting there, but we need to have patience, lest we end up like Notre Dame.

theyre lines dominated ours. that was the story of the game. we are 2-3 people on both sides of the ball to win that game. I think last years d-line would got the job done. but our oline is hurting

GBR

sounds good to me :lol::bonez

GBR

You are absolutely right. Where were they in the 90's? We dominated OU consistently. Then they got a new coach and kick our teeth in. USC got a new coach also, as a matter of fact so did FL, LSU (twice) and TX. All of these teams had down years but were able to dominate once again and so shall we!

There was a common theme....what do they have in common? New coaches and national championship caliber teams. Well, we will be good again. Let's just ride out the current staff and I know NU football will be great again. Programs like ours never stay down too long.

As bad as the USC game was, this was NOT the most humiliating loss of the year and NU is NOT the most disappointing team. Consider:

Michigan - how would you like to be a Big Blue fan this year?

Notre Dame - 0 - 3 and no offensive TD's after 3 games! Lets heap more praise on Charlie W - a true offensive genius and a great recruiter.

Last Week -

Fla 59 Tenn 20 - a 39 point spread, the Vols were an 8 point underdog.

USC 49 NU 31 - an 18 point spread, the Big Red was a 9.5 point underdog.

#9 Louisville lost to Kentucky 40 - 34. Louisville was a 6.5 point favorite. There goes their NC hopes.

#11 UCA lost to Utah 44 - 6. The Bruins were 17.5 point favorites. WOW!

#15 Geo Tech and #16 Ark were favorites and LOST.

I take no pleasure from seeing other teams misery, but it does keep things in perspective. I'd much prefer comparing NU to the BEST and most IMPROVED TEAMS this year. Hopefully this will be possible later in the season.

As bad as the USC game was, this was NOT the most humiliating loss of the year and NU is NOT the most disappointing team. Consider:

Michigan - how would you like to be a Big Blue fan this year? Who cares?

Notre Dame - 0 - 3 and no offensive TD's after 3 games! Lets heap more praise on Charlie W - a true offensive genius and a great recruiter. Who cares?

Last Week -

Fla 59 Tenn 20 - a 39 point spread, the Vols were an 8 point underdog. Who cares?

USC 49 NU 31 - an 18 point spread, the Big Red was a 9.5 point underdog.

#9 Louisville lost to Kentucky 40 - 34. Louisville was a 6.5 point favorite. There goes their NC hopes. Who cares?

#11 UCA lost to Utah 44 - 6. The Bruins were 17.5 point favorites. WOW! Who cares?

#15 Geo Tech and #16 Ark were favorites and LOST. Who cares?

I take no pleasure from seeing other teams misery, but it does keep things in perspective. I'd much prefer comparing NU to the BEST and most IMPROVED TEAMS this year. Hopefully this will be possible later in the season.

Who really cares what those teams are looking like this year? We lost and got embarrassed. The real score was 42-10 and it is the most embarrassing loss for me since I AM AN NU FAN! Those teams can lose every game this year and I won't care. I look at the good teams and try to become them.

That kind of logic would get you an ugly and chubby girlfriend but as long as you know a guy with an uglier and fatter one then it's ok?

B)-->

QUOTE(Husker B @ Sep 17 2007, 04:25 PM) 215820[/snapback]

That kind of logic would get you an ugly and chubby girlfriend but as long as you know a guy with an uglier and fatter one then it's ok?

This is the dumbest argument I have ever seen on a message board. I'm sure you're married to a model.

I think he made a damn good point.

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Husker B @ Sep 17 2007, 04:25 PM) 215820[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

This is the dumbest argument I have ever seen on a message board. I'm sure you're married to a model.

I think he made a damn good point.

:rollin

You would

B)-->

QUOTE(Husker B @ Sep 17 2007, 02:25 PM) 215820[/snapback]

Do you not get the sarcasm and irony in what I was saying? And I am a SoCal/Scottsdale dragon slayer so yes, we don't do fuglies out here. WHO CARES IF I AM MARRIED AND IF MY WIFE IS A MODEL????

My point was just because we aren't as bad as them isn't a good arguement. I don't care about the teams who did worse, I want to concentrate on NU and beating the good teams