Ricky Thenarse, Phillip Dillard, LaTravis Washington....

KS HUSKER

Great article written up by Sam MeKewon today about those players. WHY is Thenarse not seeing the field except special teams? He is a playmaker that deserves a shot!!! Do Phillip Dillard and LaTravis Washington tackle the sameway Ruud and MeKeon do, which is the worst I've seen out of Husker LB's in a long long time! Thenarse, Dillard, Washington, Octavian, Brandenburgh, this guys are LB's with speed and an attitude. Again, I know we don't see the practices and are not around the players 7 days a week but you can't tell me that Ruud and MeKeon are better. If so, then the Huskers really are in trouble. There, I feel a little better and I'll get off the soapbox. :madash

Great article written up by Sam MeKewon today about those players. WHY is Thenarse not seeing the field except special teams? He is a playmaker that deserves a shot!!! Do Phillip Dillard and LaTravis Washington tackle the sameway Ruud and MeKeon do, which is the worst I've seen out of Husker LB's in a long long time! Thenarse, Dillard, Washington, Octavian, Brandenburgh, this guys are LB's with speed and an attitude. Again, I know we don't see the practices and are not around the players 7 days a week but you can't tell me that Ruud and MeKeon are better. If so, then the Huskers really are in trouble. There, I feel a little better and I'll get off the soapbox. :madash

I've been preaching this for a couple of seasons... if we have these great recruits, how are they not seeing the field. We are constanly going to struggle on defense if guys don't see the field until their junior year. By that time they finally get used to being on the field as a junior and then we see thier real talent for one year as a senior.

Is there a link to this article??? I'd like to read it

Ok so I without a doubt think the coaches know what they are doing. OVERALL Rudd is probably better than Washington or Stafford or Lawrence. However I say get them in there and at least lets see what they can do. I mean Washington and Stafford IMO will bring a new speed dimension to the defense that hasnt been seen since the new coaches have been here. I have heard from many coaches that if you dont practice well you dont play, its not just these coaches and thats why Thenarse isnt playing as much as he should be, bc he isnt practicing very well. Again IMO I think they should just throw him in there. Every time he gets in a game he comes up and just lays people out. He even did well at corner last year when he got to go in. My overall complaint is that why oh why cant we just play 2-5 wide receivers? In two wide put Purify and Nunn in. In three wide put purfiy, nunn and swift in. In four wide put purify, nunn, swift and pederson in. In five wide put purify, nunn, swift pederson and either brooks or holt with a dash of paul? Why the hell againt the number one team in the nation is Erickson even steppin on the field. I dont care if he caught a pass. Paul would have caught it more than likely so would have holt, or brooks. Dillard is just plain better and should be starting. Mcneil should be playing more IMO. Overall, I agree play some of the younger guys. I'm not saying a lot but let them get in there and play some, they already burned a redshirt so why not get the most out of them. I am tired of hearing this "they dont quite have the offense or defense down yet". Bull!! Its not like Erickson plays the whole game, so take his plays and say "here niles or meno memorize these plays and we will put you in on these plays and just mix up the formations that way we can have our best TALENT on the field instead of our most knowledgable players on the field.

I have also wondered why we don't play the promising young players. Could it be that BC has an NFL mentality that ... "you MUST prove yourself 100% in practice before I'll trust you in the game. ..... Then, once your finally OK'ed to start and play, then you are "home free" and the coaches will forgive and forget most of your future mistakes". In other words, your no longer a rookie, but your part of the team.

Just a suspicion of mine.

Thanks Rawhide! Just left the school building and saw where someone wanted the link. To add to my comment above. I trust that the coaches know who should play and who should not. I guess it scares me when Ruud and Mckeon play this way and we are supposed to have these young bucks that are athletic as hell and they stand along the sideline chewin' their mouthpieces. Down 42-10 and with the way the Blackshirts where playing, put 'em in there and see what they do! I wouldn't think it could any worse, could it? Everyone on this board saw the way we were tackling. There was no physical presence by the Blackshirts at all. It was very, very frustrating to watch. Oh well, let's get ready for Ball St. and then the Big 12.

I don't care if Ruud is the linebacking equivalent of Albert Einstein. He can't tackle, at least this season and last, and McKeon is so far out of position that you'd think he was magnetically attracted to the wrong sorts of O lineman. I personally am not concerned about their pride. After Saturday all they have left to them is shame. Put the young guys in, and who cares if they make a few mistakes against Ball St. and Iowa St. Get them in there, let them play, let them develop in a couple real games, and then at the very lest you'll have a second string LB corps that have enough game experience to face the right direction. Hell, maybe they can tackle, too.

By the way, are there any other teams out there that miss like 25 tackles on one drive? I don't think I'll ever get over it, not until someone lays a licking on a running back so big that it puts him on the sideline for a quarter or two.

I have also wondered why we don't play the promising young players. Could it be that BC has an NFL mentality that ... "you MUST prove yourself 100% in practice before I'll trust you in the game. ..... Then, once your finally OK'ed to start and play, then you are "home free" and the coaches will forgive and forget most of your future mistakes". In other words, your no longer a rookie, but your part of the team.

Just a suspicion of mine.

kind of makes you wonder, doesn't it?

I don't care if Ruud is the linebacking equivalent of Albert Einstein. He can't tackle, at least this season and last, and McKeon is so far out of position that you'd think he was magnetically attracted to the wrong sorts of O lineman. I personally am not concerned about their pride. After Saturday all they have left to them is shame. Put the young guys in, and who cares if they make a few mistakes against Ball St. and Iowa St. Get them in there, let them play, let them develop in a couple real games, and then at the very lest you'll have a second string LB corps that have enough game experience to face the right direction. Hell, maybe they can tackle, too.

By the way, are there any other teams out there that miss like 25 tackles on one drive? I don't think I'll ever get over it, not until someone lays a licking on a running back so big that it puts him on the sideline for a quarter or two.

I'm just as frustrated as you. It was the worst tackling exhibition that I've seen in a long time! The coaches have got to be beside themselves with that performance, wouldn't they? I'm not even talking about athletes and speed here, because we all saw how USC is loaded with horses. I'm simply talking about the fundamentals of tackling. It was missing versus Wake and it sure as hell was missing Saturday night. Yes, they beat us either way but we really looked silly out there. I thought I would never ever say that about a Blackshirt unit in all my 25 years of watching Cornhusker Football. Sad.