McKeon in red zone

Did anyone else see on USC's first TD pass, when McKeon was in position for a pick-6? Instead of having his head on a swivel for receivers coming into his zone, he just stared at Booty, watching him throw the TD. Now, I don't know Cosgrove's schemes or what McKeon was coached to do, but I think it's pretty universal at all levels that when the other team is passing, you always look for a receiver first on a drop, then look back to the QB. Corey should have made that play, but instead it was a simple slant for the TD. Maybe it was just a mental error by McKeon, but I think this is another example of bad coaching. Who knows, maybe he's told to act like a statue and he was just doing as told.

Did anyone else see on USC's first TD pass, when McKeon was in position for a pick-6? Instead of having his head on a swivel for receivers coming into his zone, he just stared at Booty, watching him throw the TD. Now, I don't know Cosgrove's schemes or what McKeon was coached to do, but I think it's pretty universal at all levels that when the other team is passing, you always look for a receiver first on a drop, then look back to the QB. Corey should have made that play, but instead it was a simple slant for the TD. Maybe it was just a mental error by McKeon, but I think this is another example of bad coaching. Who knows, maybe he's told to act like a statue and he was just doing as told.

McKeon may be the next Andrew Shanle... constantly in decent position, but no football knowledge to make a play on the ball.

I have been hitting that on several threads. We supposedly have these damn good recruits that can fly and yet we seem to be settled in with Ruud and McKeon. Okay to start them in this game but holy cow when your down 42-10 and these guys and a couple others looks like fools out there, give these young bucks a shot! Dillard looked good, I would also love to see LaTravis Washington get a shot. The no brainer is Thenarse. EVERYTIME he is on te field, he makes a play. Isn't that what you want as a Def. Cordinator, guys that just make plays. Sorry but Ruud and Mekeon are not it. :angry:

Thenarse is f'ing crazy. Put him in if McKeon is afraid of hitting. I'm getting tired of listening to/looking at his stupid frat boy popped-collar douchebag ass in interviews, anyway. If he played half as good of a game as he talked then we'd have a gamer. Unfortunately, this kid has no killer instinct.

I'm just now starting to see it. Ruud and Mckeon have a lot of mouths to shut up this weekend and I don't think they can do it.

Thenarse is f'ing crazy. Put him in if McKeon is afraid of hitting. I'm getting tired of listening to/looking at his stupid frat boy popped-collar douchebag ass in interviews, anyway. If he played half as good of a game as he talked then we'd have a gamer. Unfortunately, this kid has no killer instinct.

I'm just now starting to see it. Ruud and Mckeon have a lot of mouths to shut up this weekend and I don't think they can do it.

Are you saying this because they suck or because we are too stubborn and self-righteous?

Are you saying this because they suck or because we are too stubborn and self-righteous?

I believe that there are better players on the team then them.

I believe that there are better players on the team then them.

I believe that both are true.