Answer These Questions....

foote_21

I'd love to see what people have for answers to these questions...

1) Why is Purify not starting?

2) How has Barry Turner gotten worse every year?

3) Why does Ricky Thenarse not see the field beside special teams?

4) How is Sam Keller not a captain?

5) How many days until Coz is packing his bags?

Hell, I'll give it a shot.

1. Suspension. Had a good game against SC, but Swift didn't do too bad either and I think that is who is starting over him. Mo didn't do too much against WF

2. I don't know. I'm sure many peoples response will be he was a freshman All american, he is god. Maybe he was good his fr year because he had a great supporting cast.

3. IDK. Something has to change.

4. My guess is that he has only been around 1 year.

5. Hopefully he turns the D around and starts playing players that want to play, or is gone in Dec.

1) He is just coming off a suspension and Swift is'nt bad

2) Supporting cast and now he is an every down player, not just in there to go after the QB

3) We are very deep at Safety, Green, Wilson, Asante and Eisenhart are great at thier position

4) Keller is new.............wtf

5) It will be years, first they will fire assistants

To expand on question 5, if the rush defense contiues to be a drastic problem against lower caliber teams... any shot we'll see him gone mid-season?

Firing a coach mid season is just asking for more problems IMO. It's hard enough to change coaches in the off season..

My take on Turner is that he was a very quick and explosive freshman at ca. 240 pounds. As a sophomore they had him beef up to 255 or so and his quickness was reduced. Now, at 270, on film he no longer looks quick and is seemingly of average quickness. So, the staff, in making him large have, in effect, taken away the very thing upon which his sucess was based --- an explosive first step.

It could be that he is no longer quick because of an unspecified injury or something. What is certain is that that great explosion off the edge is nowhere to be seen. I would again assert that this is because he is 25 pounds (or more) heavier than when he was explosive.

My take on Turner is that he was a very quick and explosive freshman at ca. 240 pounds. As a sophomore they had him beef up to 255 or so and his quickness was reduced. Now, at 270, on film he no longer looks quick and is seemingly of average quickness. So, the staff, in making him large have, in effect, taken away the very thing upon which his sucess was based --- an explosive first step.

It could be that he is no longer quick because of an unspecified injury or something. What is certain is that that great explosion off the edge is nowhere to be seen. I would again assert that this is because he is 25 pounds (or more) heavier than when he was explosive.

I've considered this, but I also thought he probably put on 25 pounds of muscle... and I would assume he would be stronger and quicker.... possibly it's some injury we never heard about that is still holding him back.

1. Because he has to earn his starting spot back on the team after his off-field problems.

2. Maybe he is being coached in the technique area wrong???

3. This is a huge concern of mine as well because the guy is a beast!!!

4. One year one team doesn't constitute a captain spot.

5. Get used to him....... <_<

Well suspension, should be now but after a good game we like to humble them by giving less reps. You dont want a guy to get a big head in this offense.

He hasn't our coaching has. Also I heard he ate something that upset his stomach the night before. I think it came from the Coz lab of schemes.

Because the coaches haven't seen his film yet. In fact they haven't watched any film from special teams the entire time they have been here. Thats why their product sucks. Tackling solo is lame anyway if you dont do it from a cover scheme it isn't worth doing it. Some guys try to buck the system and showboat that wont be allowed.

Um, just got here and glad to be leaving i presume he is glad the ride to the NFL is almost over.

A few we need a few more key loses to complete his portfolio for the NFL. Ha! God John Blake should have been offered the DC spot so many years ago. Keeping the Black man down I swear. Unfortunately we will all have to stomach this season. I couldn't vomit during the USC game only dry-heave its awful but friends tend to let you down now we all have to pay for Cally's poor friend choice. Friends don't let friends coach defense. Sell yo House BUM

1. Because he has to earn his starting spot back on the team after his off-field problems.

Agree to a point with Keller... but shouldn't a captain be the guy who is a team leader. I am not saying this has to be a "star"... I thought Rigoni last year was a perfect captain. But you can tell Keller is a leader both on and off the field, look at all the time he put in with Purify in the summer and from what I can see he is a great leader on the field as well.

I've considered this, but I also thought he probably put on 25 pounds of muscle... and I would assume he would be stronger and quicker.... possibly it's some injury we never heard about that is still holding him back.

Not everyone responds to packing on the pounds the same. Either he needs more time to get used to carrying the weight or they should remold him back to a sleeker pass rusher.

Agree to a point with Keller... but shouldn't a captain be the guy who is a team leader. I am not saying this has to be a "star"... I thought Rigoni last year was a perfect captain. But you can tell Keller is a leader both on and off the field, look at all the time he put in with Purify in the summer and from what I can see he is a great leader on the field as well.

I can see what your saying because the QB is your field general and the ultimate leader of your team for the most part. I just don't think he has the time in there. :dunno

I can see what your saying because the QB is your field general and the ultimate leader of your team for the most part. I just don't think he has the time in there. :dunno

Agreed... I would assume this is the reason. However, he was there all last year and definatly put his time in on the scout team.