AD & Coaching Staff

^ No use in talking about it with those people. They won't change their minds. They're oblivious to the great recruiting classes and the strides that team has made...and the potential to win out the rest of the season.

I think maybe you should enlighten me. We could have the number 1 recruiting class for the next decade, but what does it matter if we're getting blasted (3rd worst home loss eva) at home by USC? Just because the team has the tools doesn't mean it equates to success. I think it's naive to believe there is no talent on the defense. There are some very talented players on the defense right now, but look how they're playing.

You say there is no use in talking about it with "those" people because they won't change their minds. How is this any different than talking to "those" people who look through rose colored glasses? We just sustained the 3rd worst home loss eva. Are you seriously telling me that you don't have some questions about this coaching staff and team? The first two or three years, it's easy to sit back and use the great recruiting class excuse. However, we're in year 4. Where are those great recruiting classes and why are they getting crushed?

Why can't Callahan win against a rated opponent? Why can't he even have a team compete against a rated opponent?

I'm pretty sure if Nunn hangs on to the f'ing ball last year, NU not only competes with a rated opponent, they beat one.

1-3 rather than 0-4 vs Top 10 teams?There's still a bad pattern there.

Yea, so is 7-30. Which is what Osborne's record was between 1973 and 1992 against top 10 teams.

Why can't Callahan win against a rated opponent? Why can't he even have a team compete against a rated opponent?

I'm pretty sure if Nunn hangs on to the f'ing ball last year, NU not only competes with a rated opponent, they beat one.

1-3 rather than 0-4 vs Top 10 teams?

Yea, so is 7-30. Which is what Osborne's record was between 1973 and 1992 against top 10 teams.

Which is why he started recruiting speed instead. All the hard, continual knocks of the 80s provided him with that. I agree with junior4949. Callahan has been recruiting for 4 years. Where are the excellent players he brought to Lincoln? As has been said in other threads, give them a chance to play and see what happenes.

1-3 rather than 0-4 vs Top 10 teams?

Which is why he started recruiting speed instead. All the hard, continual knocks of the 80s provided him with that. I agree with junior4949. Callahan has been recruiting for 4 years. Where are the excellent players he brought to Lincoln? As has been said in other threads, give them a chance to play and see what happenes.

They didn't "just start recruiting speed". They finally got some of the types of guys they always went after. It's not like they didn't go after them. This was one of the points that McBride said was misunderstood by most fans.

^ No use in talking about it with those people. They won't change their minds. They're oblivious to the great recruiting classes and the strides that team has made...and the potential to win out the rest of the season.

I think maybe you should enlighten me. We could have the number 1 recruiting class for the next decade, but what does it matter if we're getting blasted (3rd worst home loss eva) at home by USC? Just because the team has the tools doesn't mean it equates to success. I think it's naive to believe there is no talent on the defense. There are some very talented players on the defense right now, but look how they're playing.

You say there is no use in talking about it with "those" people because they won't change their minds. How is this any different than talking to "those" people who look through rose colored glasses? We just sustained the 3rd worst home loss eva. Are you seriously telling me that you don't have some questions about this coaching staff and team? The first two or three years, it's easy to sit back and use the great recruiting class excuse. However, we're in year 4. Where are those great recruiting classes and why are they getting crushed?

3rd worse home loss ever? Seriously? It was 18 points. I don't have a statbook handy but that doesn't seem correct.

3rd worse home loss ever? Seriously? It was 18 points. I don't have a statbook handy but that doesn't seem correct.

Maybe 3rd most points given up at home? 3rd worst home loss in 40 years? It can't be 3rd worst home loss ever....can it?

1-3 rather than 0-4 vs Top 10 teams?There's still a bad pattern there.

Well how often was TO losing to teams ranked 50th? Callahan has done it 3 years in a row and TO wasn't getting blasted every game against a top opponent and getting embarrassed at home. You need to stop comparing the 70's and 80's to coaches today. Things are VERY different in the amount of time a coach gets anyway. BC hasn't even won as well as Solich and you are pulling a silly stat about TO. What an insult to everything TO did.

Do you think BC will be here for 20 years???? If not, then don't tell me it took TO 20 yrs to win so we should be patient.