FireeveryoneatNU.com

billdozer15

I am going to start this domain. I think NU should fire everyone and burn the campus to the ground and start from scratch. Obviously this is the best way to get back to where we were. The next time NU looses at football we should fire the volleyball coach John Cook. Somebody's head has to roll. :sarcasm

God!!! we lose one game and everyone wants to jump off the cliff. Guys its ONE game, and it was the 3rd game. Lets wait to see how this season plays out before we go and burn Memorial Stadium to the ground, and lets atleast start with Haymarket park.

I am going to start this domain. I think NU should fire everyone and burn the campus to the ground and start from scratch. Obviously this is the best way to get back to where we were. The next time NU looses at football we should fire the volleyball coach John Cook. Somebody's head has to roll. :sarcasm

God!!! we lose one game and everyone wants to jump off the cliff. Guys its ONE game, and it was the 3rd game. Lets wait to see how this season plays out before we go and burn Memorial Stadium to the ground, and lets atleast start with Haymarket park.

People aren't upset simply because we lost. If we had played well and simply lost to a better team it would be one thing, it's how we lost that people are upset about. Our defense looked like a JV squad taking on the varsity. They were totally unprepared and there were no coaching adjustments made during the game on the defensive side of the ball.

This isn't about one game.

It's about a continually under-achieving defense at NU. After 4 years, you don't expect better?

Most everyone is complaining about the defense. Not the entire coaching staff.

If you'd look at it rationally, you would see that NU's defense under Cosgrove has not been up to snuff.

I agree the defense has struggled. I think the offense is definately coming along and we are going to put up big time offensive numbers this year. But we can't fire a coach mid-season. I have no problem looking for a different d-coordinator in the off-season. But the way people are talking is just annoying. If you would look at it "rationally" you would see firing a coach mid-season is as dumb as you can get, and if you get rid of Callahan now, we are right back where we were 3 years ago....Missing bowl games!! Remember we are now on Callahan's guys, but they are only his first recruiting class, that he had to throw together at the last minute, because we were irrational and fired a coach before we had another lined up!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Give Cally a break.

This isn't about one game.

It's about a continually under-achieving defense at NU. After 4 years, you don't expect better?

Most everyone is complaining about the defense. Not the entire coaching staff.

If you'd look at it rationally, you would see that NU's defense under Cosgrove has not been up to snuff.

I agree the defense has struggled. I think the offense is definately coming along and we are going to put up big time offensive numbers this year. But we can't fire a coach mid-season. I have no problem looking for a different d-coordinator in the off-season. But the way people are talking is just annoying. If you would look at it "rationally" you would see firing a coach mid-season is as dumb as you can get, and if you get rid of Callahan now, we are right back where we were 3 years ago....Missing bowl games!! Remember we are now on Callahan's guys, but they are only his first recruiting class, that he had to throw together at the last minute, because we were irrational and fired a coach before we had another lined up!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Give Cally a break.

I don't think that many people are asking for Callahan's head... it's Cosgroves, remember he is the defensive coordinator.

Yep. I don't want Callahan fired. I think he's doing a great job on offense. I believe we see what Callahan and the Offense is capable of when we play lower-tier teams. Unfortunately, the defense puts us into a bind and Callahan hasn't been able to open it up against top-tier teams and/or he has to re-adjust the offense to make up for the inadequacies of the defense.

I'm not upset that we lost it would have surprised me if we could have beaten them considering how deep they are at all positions. I'm not mad at Cally or our offense or our special teams. Those guys all did their jobs. I'm not even mad at our secondary on defense because they played really well. I'm pissed specifically at the LB's and D-line!!!! They lost that game for us. It would have been a lot closer had they done their job. I love the Huskers with all my soul and plan on watching them until the day that I die!!!

Are you trying to miss the point?

What's yours?!? Billdozer started the post. :wacko:

What's yours?!? Billdozer started the post. :wacko:

Okay, let's break through the hermetically sealed walls of this thread and see if he is referencing anything in particular. I would guess, if I had to, that he's mocking, in an oh-so-subtle way, the fact that people want to fire Coz. His parody looks silly because people who want coz fired have good reasons, they aren't just freaking out and calling for everyone to be fired. That isn't what is happening here, people have been watching this defense get worse (or no better) for 4 years now and are making fairly cogent points about the matter. They aren't insane (maybe a little POed) or being unreasonable about it. He's missing the broader point that he's addressing here, not his own point... though he might be missing his own point, too.