Your idea for a new tunnel walk

BIGREDIOWAN

I think they tried to do too much in this latest version but still thought it was a good effort. I'm sure the players got a kick out of being in a video but it was a bit corny (no pun intended). Sirius rules...don't mess with it too much. If you want to do some music before Sirius then show clips of great plays, defensive hits, etc. I do like the part of how the statue of the football players came alive and then right as Sirius started you could see all the white helmets in a pod like formation in the dark. The "I Play For Nebraska" theme works in the right situation but probably best as a graphic rather than players saying it like last year. I actually don't like the individual players acting or saying lines...reminds me of an advertisement at a baseball game where the home team players pitch stuff on the screen between innings...for football I like that they are all represented in a team unit (again all the white helmets in the dark was cool). Our graphics people should be able to do some creative stuff with the opponent's logo or helmet like in year's past. How about our national championship trophies smash the opponent's helmet, a skull & bones blackshirts logo casts the other team's helmet into hell, a team of mad corn stampedes the opponents logo...quick fun stuff like that works (graphics that can be updated each home game appropriately).

My formula:

1) Show great plays/historical moments and defensive hits to get crowd going and build excitement set to appropriate music. Fade out.

2) Go to dark screen and start Sirius.

3) As in year's past use creative graphics either with images and/or words.

4) Cut to team in tunnel.

5) Team should break down doors to field for finale. It bothers me that there is all this excitement and team is charging through tunnell and then the doors open slowly and it seems it is always like "wait here for the TV crew to get their shot!" Seems to break the momentum. Instead have the doors fly open and the team charge out. Or have the doors opening by the time the team gets there so they don't stop for this lame photo opp moment. Just a pet peeve of mine...it's like "we are all pumped to go crush the other team...but could you wait here and all smile and get closer together for this picture, please?!"

:bonez

Start with "Prelude 12/21" by AFI with highlights from THIS YEAR! (I love/miss the past - but let's showcase what we have)

In case you don't know the song it starts real quite then has a thumping bass. Here are the lyrics:

"This is what I brought you this you can keep,

This is what I brought you may forget me.

I promise to depart just promise one thing,

Kiss my eyes and lay me to sleep.

This is what I brought you this you can keep,

I promise you my heart just promise to sing,

This is what I thought,

I thought you need me,

This is what I thought so think me naïve,

I promise you a heart you'd promise to keep,

Kiss my eyes and lay me to sleep."

On the last "kiss my eyes and lay me to sleep" The screens go black - this is that 'all-knowing' here they come kind of warning. Picture this - play tunnel walk in your mind - on each big 'duhn' show a different saying thing ie "TRADITION" etc. Then show the stadium (from a blimp view) then 'Google Earth"-like zoom in right on to the fifty yard line (maybe a live shot?) Have the camera spin around showing the crowd. Then have a super loud 'boom boom boom' knocking noise (like off of a horror movie) - at this time the camera focuses on the doors. THE DOORS OPEN - THE PLAYERS HIT THE FIELD AND SOME FIREWORKS GO OFF.

What do you think? I've got goosebumps just thinking about it.

Start with "Prelude 12/21" by AFI with highlights from THIS YEAR! (I love/miss the past - but let's showcase what we have)

In case you don't know the song it starts real quite then has a thumping bass. Here are the lyrics:

This is what I thought,

I thought you need me,

On the last "kiss my eyes and lay me to sleep" The screens go black - this is that 'all-knowing' here they come kind of warning. Picture this - play tunnel walk in your mind - on each big 'duhn' show a different saying thing ie "TRADITION" etc. Then show the stadium (from a blimp view) then 'Google Earth"-like zoom in right on to the fifty yard line (maybe a live shot?) Have the camera spin around showing the crowd. Then have a super loud 'boom boom boom' knocking noise (like off of a horror movie) - at this time the camera focuses on the doors. THE DOORS OPEN - THE PLAYERS HIT THE FIELD AND SOME FIREWORKS GO OFF.

Do we have to dye our hair black and wear rectangular glasses?

This is what I thought,

I thought you need me,

Do we have to dye our hair black and wear rectangular glasses?

say what you want, in Memorial that song is CRAZY. I remember last year at the Texas game when they played it during pregame - un real

More gimmicks = less impressive tunnel walk.

Sirius, a blank screen as it starts, then bring up the players walking in the tunnel. Flash in between that and old husker plays and hits.

Like it! But I just don't know if using the screens to show some *other* stuff during the walk is optimal. I don't want to be tempted to look back and forth... while it will be more entertaining in one way, it will also distract me just enough that I wouldn't be going as crazy as I ought :)

Your idea of doing the hits/plays before the Tunnel Walk is a good one. I think that'd be the best bet.

I'm just throwin this out there........SAILING........by Christopher Cross..........it will augment the way our defense has played ..........dim all the lights in the stadium........just have a large candle on the jumbotron :sarcasm:sarcasm:sarcasm

lol

I don't know why we try and keep re-inventing everything...leave it the way it was and just get some better CGI people to do it.

Next, pedy is going to try and redesign the helmet and then I'll personally take a trip up to Nebraska...first stop off and see mom, then murder him