Your idea for a new tunnel walk

BIGREDIOWAN

Okay so I have an idea for a tunnel walk that I think is cool. Start with the contender theme right.............have one of the players, maybe a different one each week, be running around Memorial Stadium. Then have them run inside Memorial Stadium and onto the field and as they are running onto the field Sirius starts to play in the backround...............they stop at the 50 yard line and look up to the sky only to see and hear past players and the great plays they have made, Johnny Rogers, Mike Rozier, Eric Crouch, Tommy Frazier, Zac Taylor, etc. It would be differnet images all going on at once and having them rotate above Memorial Stadium.............then have the images spin faster and come down and in a bright flash basically white the screen out and on the 50 yard line stands the player in his uniform and then showing him running back into the tunnel. Then show him running out with the team via the live feed to Sirius. What do you guys think.

If we can't have Sirius . . . then a long, sustained bass note rings throughout the stadium . . . then silence.

A roar slowly builds in the crowd as the intro to "Welcome Home" by Coheed and Cambria echoes through Memorial Stadium. When the bass drum kicks, FLAMETHROWERS!! RED FIRE shoots up from four corners of the field and from around bases at the top of the stadium!! And videos on the huge screen of EPIC Husker hits . . . then when the song finally breaks open, the Huskers come exploding out of the gate!!

Pandemonium ensues.

It's cooler at night games. :(

Okay so I have an idea for a tunnel walk that I think is cool. Start with the contender theme right.............have one of the players, maybe a different one each week, be running around Memorial Stadium. Then have them run inside Memorial Stadium and onto the field and as they are running onto the field Sirius starts to play in the backround...............they stop at the 50 yard line and look up to the sky only to see and hear past players and the great plays they have made, Johnny Rogers, Mike Rozier, Eric Crouch, Tommy Frazier, Zac Taylor, etc. It would be differnet images all going on at once and having them rotate above Memorial Stadium.............then have the images spin faster and come down and in a bright flash basically white the screen out and on the 50 yard line stands the player in his uniform and then showing him running back into the tunnel. Then show him running out with the team via the live feed to Sirius. What do you guys think.

I would go back to a minimal approach-- black the screens, start the old tunnel walk music, let the crowd get worked up for about 10 seconds, then maybe do some highlights on the screens (but maybe not), and then cut to the huskers coming down the tunnel. You know what I might do-- have the highlights for a couple of minutes leading up to the tunnel walk (to get people fired up) and then black the screens. They should only be used to show the current huskers walking down the tunnel live. The more crap that's on the screen, the more it distracts from *being there* and cheering for what is actually happening in the stadium. It breaks the anticipation and that's what the tunnel walk is all about. The USC game was my first exposure to the new tunnel walk and I wasn't even really sure what was going on... if they hadn't blacked the screens (which was the coolest, most chilling part of the tunnel walk) I wouldn't have even known it was a tunnel walk.

Anyway, that's what I do. In this case, when you're building that sort of tension, less is definitely more.

More gimmicks = less impressive tunnel walk.

Sirius, a blank screen as it starts, then bring up the players walking in the tunnel. Flash in between that and old husker plays and hits.

Like it! But I just don't know if using the screens to show some *other* stuff during the walk is optimal. I don't want to be tempted to look back and forth... while it will be more entertaining in one way, it will also distract me just enough that I wouldn't be going as crazy as I ought :)