Paul Waiting for Chance to Shine

husker rob

As much as I support Callahan, one thing that drives me nuts is his stubborness to dummy down the playbook a bit to get the best athletes on the field! I am getting sick and tired of watching a bunch of white guys running routes and having no chance of breaking big plays because we don't have our best athletes on the field! I'm not asking Cally to limit the playbook, but just to have a few set packages where we run out some athletes and tell Keller that if the D gives us this look we run simple play A and if they give us a different look we run simple play B!!! Paul, Holt, Purify and the other athletes need to be on the field at once...imagine how many holes we would actually open up for Hollywood (Lucky) if we spread the field with a bunch of athletes and ran out of those formations instead of trying to overpower lines like USC with 3 or 4 guys who are going to the league compared to 2, maybe 3, OL for us who will be going to the league!

That's just a little racist don't you think??? It doesn't matter if your white or black does it?? I understand what you are saying, but that doesn't play in to it at all IMO.

As much as I support Callahan, one thing that drives me nuts is his stubborness to dummy down the playbook a bit to get the best athletes on the field! I am getting sick and tired of watching a bunch of white guys running routes and having no chance of breaking big plays because we don't have our best athletes on the field! I'm not asking Cally to limit the playbook, but just to have a few set packages where we run out some athletes and tell Keller that if the D gives us this look we run simple play A and if they give us a different look we run simple play B!!! Paul, Holt, Purify and the other athletes need to be on the field at once...imagine how many holes we would actually open up for Hollywood (Lucky) if we spread the field with a bunch of athletes and ran out of those formations instead of trying to overpower lines like USC with 3 or 4 guys who are going to the league compared to 2, maybe 3, OL for us who will be going to the league!

That's just a little racist don't you think??? It doesn't matter if your white or black does it?? I understand what you are saying, but that doesn't play in to it at all IMO.

I WAS THINKING THE SAME THING

I WAS THINKING THE SAME THING

You have to admit that "African American" athletes are the future of College Football for the most part.. :dunno

OK, I am not trying to say the coaches are racist or that I am racist, but the statistical truth is that most wideouts at top tier schools are black. There are also, fast and very athletic. My point is that we have a few players like Paul, Holt and Purify who are not getting enough touches and chances to make plays. The response is right about Swift, I like the consistency he brings to the table and he would be a great slot guy, especially while Purify was split out next to him, and Niles was across the field from them. Some teams have to double Mo and would also have to do the same for Paul in the near future, BUT D-Coordinators lick their chops when we run out a 3 wide set with Erickson, Swift and Peterson!!! (And to close the black/white issue, throw in Frantz and T Nunn with those 3) If you actually watch the games and understand football enough to see why certain things happen in certain situations, you will notice teams bring A LOT of pressure when our best athletes aren't on the field (see USC 4th and 2 against Texas w/Bush on the sideline)! The game footage doesn't lie!!! When we bring out the "Possession" package, 3rd downs are going to see A LOT of blitzing from opposing D's!