huskers better?

get huskin!

OK, I'm red... Husker red. I've been guilty for almost 30 years of hoping for the best and expecting the worst.

I gotta say, I think this team IS improved, VASTLY, over last years team. I watched the USC game. I saw confused defense, but not confusion EVERY play (improvement over last year). I saw out performed offense (but a more balanced attack and CERTAINLY an improved passing ATTACK and passing game). Yeah, we struggled, but USC is pretty good. I think, I can see enough talent and balance and promise in these young studs that they will go the rest of the season without a loss... WHEW! There, I said it... I'm serious, the only team that will challenge Nebraska MIGHTILY this year will be that juggernaut of OU and Nebraska itself. Lofty expectations? I thought so until I saw that twinkle of talent in Keller's game last Saturday. I think the rest of the year will be, "Holy GOD, where was all that talent hiding???". I predict we win the North BIG AND we play OU in the Big 12 champ game. I saw enuff improvement and 'catching on' to the scheme of defense and the offensive passing game that I have re-gained my hope. That being said, I don't think NU is playing 'west coast offense' football tho... I think it's developing it's own hyper-breed of MID-west football. OK, that being said, I will sit down and shut up now... GBR!

OK, I'm red... Husker red. I've been guilty for almost 30 years of hoping for the best and expecting the worst.

I gotta say, I think this team IS improved, VASTLY, over last years team. I watched the USC game. I saw confused defense, but not confusion EVERY play (improvement over last year). I saw out performed offense (but a more balanced attack and CERTAINLY an improved passing ATTACK and passing game). Yeah, we struggled, but USC is pretty good. I think, I can see enough talent and balance and promise in these young studs that they will go the rest of the season without a loss... WHEW! There, I said it... I'm serious, the only team that will challenge Nebraska MIGHTILY this year will be that juggernaut of OU and Nebraska itself. Lofty expectations? I thought so until I saw that twinkle of talent in Keller's game last Saturday. I think the rest of the year will be, "Holy GOD, where was all that talent hiding???". I predict we win the North BIG AND we play OU in the Big 12 champ game. I saw enuff improvement and 'catching on' to the scheme of defense and the offensive passing game that I have re-gained my hope. That being said, I don't think NU is playing 'west coast offense' football tho... I think it's developing it's own hyper-breed of MID-west football. OK, that being said, I will sit down and shut up now... GBR!

HEY!!! When you bring out the RED koolaid...you gotta' share man!!!! :cheers:woo

I agree that there isn't another game on the schedule that we can't win...BUT...this speaks VOLUMES!!!

the only team that will challenge Nebraska MIGHTILY this year will be that juggernaut of OU and Nebraska itself

Sorry to burst your husker bubbes but there is no way in hell your team goes undefeated the rest of the way. You hav 3 more losses left on your schedule and possibly 4.

OU- Loss

KU- Loss

MU- Loss

Most fans on here are pretty good and accurate, but this thread is down right nuts. Your team is not there yet. Keller really isn't as good as Taylor was last year. Sorry, but it's true.

Back to reality please. Throw the Pinkies!! :woo

:box

Sorry to burst your husker bubbes but there is no way in hell your team goes undefeated the rest of the way. You hav 3 more losses left on your schedule and possibly 4.

OU- Loss

KU- Loss

MU- Loss

Most fans on here are pretty good and accurate, but this thread is down right nuts. Your team is not there yet. Keller really isn't as good as Taylor was last year. Sorry, but it's true.

Oh...well...when you put it that way...

I guess I stand corrected...

PPPSSSSSSHHHHH!!!!

OU- Loss

KU- Loss

MU- Loss

Your getting really annoying with your B.S. KU loss predictions!!!! You guys have a weak schedule that's the only reason you think your team is good!!! Sorry a loss to KU is unlikely, a loss to MU is possible, a loss to OU is highly likely. So back to reality little Jayhawk you team isn't what you think it is. ;)

JGS30, if you watch Keller in the games, he's got so much poise and presence in the pocket, and he's really got an arm. I saw some really, really beautiful throws, the kinds of throws I've never seen at Nebraska. I wouldn't worry about his statistics yet (unless they're compared to Taylor's first three games) - Keller will be a great one.

We'll see about KU ;) You guys do look better this year, but I believe even you said before, there's no way Missouri beats us. No way.

JGS30, if you watch Keller in the games, he's got so much poise and presence in the pocket, and he's really got an arm. I saw some really, really beautiful throws, the kinds of throws I've never seen at Nebraska. I wouldn't worry about his statistics yet (unless they're compared to Taylor's first three games) - Keller will be a great one.

We'll see about KU ;) You guys do look better this year, but I believe even you said before, there's no way Missouri beats us. No way.

Sorry guys, but you're just going to have to deal with my Kansas "nonsense". LOL. We did take you to OT in Lincoln last year, and in 2005 we spanked you 40-15 so sorry if I'm confident in my Jayhawks who are playing like a well oiled machine firing on all cylinders. We have so much speed this year it's sick and Aqib Talib is the best CB in the nation.

Our defense, offense, and special teams dominate this year. Yeah, our schedule isn't the best, but if you do remember from last year that my hawks weren't putting bad teams away like they are this year. we barely beat UL Monroe last year 22-18, then we beat South Florida, then took you Blackshirts into OT in Lincoln. So sorry, your going to here my KU nonsense for a while, or at least until we lose which won't likely happen soon after seeing how bad KSU, Baylor and CU are....KU's first 3 opponents in Big 12 play. We'll see you in November. Lawrence stadium is waiting along with our fans to remind you of the beat down we gave you in 05.

The North title will be decided on November 24th at Arrowhead Stadium between MU & KU. Sorry guys, but that game you played @Wake Forest told me alot about your team. You played a back up QB and still barely won. Come on guys...are u serious? Then I bought into the hype that you guys were gonna show me something against USC...the next thing I see is a 42-10 USC lead, and Keller turning the ball over 5 times. There is a reason this guy lost his job at ASU. yes, he has a great arm and accuracy, but he makes mental mistakes and they showed at Wake and against USC. Taylor was better. Period.

Good luck the rest of the way, but seriously you guys need to understand that THIS YEAR NU is on the SAME LEVEL AS MU & KU. Face it. Soemtimes the truth hurts.

Sorry guys, but you're just going to have to deal with my Kansas "nonsense". LOL. We did take you to OT in Lincoln last year, and in 2005 we spanked you 40-15 so sorry if I'm confident in my Jayhawks who are playing like a well oiled machine firing on all cylinders. We have so much speed this year it's sick and Aqib Talib is the best CB in the nation.

Our defense, offense, and special teams dominate this year. Yeah, our schedule isn't the best, but if you do remember from last year that my hawks weren't putting bad teams away like they are this year. we barely beat UL Monroe last year 22-18, then we beat South Florida, then took you Blackshirts into OT in Lincoln. So sorry, your going to here my KU nonsense for a while, or at least until we lose which won't likely happen soon after seeing how bad KSU, Baylor and CU are....KU's first 3 opponents in Big 12 play. We'll see you in November. Lawrence stadium is waiting along with our fans to remind you of the beat down we gave you in 05.

The North title will be decided on November 24th at Arrowhead Stadium between MU & KU. Sorry guys, but that game you played @Wake Forest told me alot about your team. You played a back up QB and still barely won. Come on guys...are u serious? Then I bought into the hype that you guys were gonna show me something against USC...the next thing I see is a 42-10 USC lead, and Keller turning the ball over 5 times. There is a reason this guy lost his job at ASU. yes, he has a great arm and accuracy, but he makes mental mistakes and they showed at Wake and against USC. Taylor was better. Period.

Good luck the rest of the way, but seriously you guys need to understand that THIS YEAR NU is on the SAME LEVEL AS MU & KU. Face it. Soemtimes the truth hurts.

Okay so did I miss something while I was at the USC game....................Keller did not turn the ball over 5 times. He had one tipped pass that was intercepted and then he threw a stupid pass which was intercepted. You guys suck and I still believe that! You guys have about as much chance at winning the North as does sCUm!!! MU has the best chance next to us IMO.

Okay so did I miss something while I was at the USC game....................Keller did not turn the ball over 5 times. He had one tipped pass that was intercepted and then he threw a stupid pass which was intercepted. You guys suck and I still believe that! You guys have about as much chance at winning the North as does sCUm!!! MU has the best chance next to us IMO.

LOL. Good thing your belief has nothing to do with the outcome of the rest of these games. You keep believing KU sucks. I hope everyone in Nebraska keeps thinking that like they did last year. But if I were you I wouldn't get my hopes up for the North......even though MU has NO DEFENSE what so ever, I still see them hanging 45 points on you in Columbia. No way you come down to Lawrence and beat us this year. You just let me know how much you want to wager. I already have one goofy husker fan that gave me KU and 14 points!! What a moran. Regardless of the trash talk...good luck this year.