listen to Callahan's post game comments

Booing is someting that sCUm, K-sucks, and Mizzou fans all do. I don't know about you guy's but, I don't want to be put in that category.

BC will not show his displeasure for the defense infront of the media or anybody else, that's just what coaches do. The media will twist it and bend it to make a story.

Coz needs to be worried about his job at the end of the year. He has had 4 years to make this defense great and he hasn't. I expected to see the defense come out and play lights out but that didn't happen. Every game is getting worse and there is nothing that he can do to fix the problem. I'm almost positive that there a numerous people that would be happy to be a DC at the University of Nebraska that can do a whole hell of a lot better job then what Coz is doing.

Booing during a game at your home field is Busch league IMO.

Exactly.

Definitely agree. It doesn't bring anything good.

Well, what is the best way to express your displeasure about the stituation for PUD and Cally to understand??? I was told my website and emails don't mean anything, do you think this message was heard?

The problem is not expressing displeasure. The problem is that it compounds a situation in the GAME. As a former college athlete, I'd expect that you can understand that when you hear boos your first reaction might not be "Well, those aren't for me so that's cool.".

As far as voicing your displeasure, I've always said you can stop supporting the program. Monetarily and with your moral support. Outside of that, letter writing, emails to the head office, etc etc.

I've said it once and I'll say it again, Booing your team at a game is busch league.

I have never booed my own team either and never booed a college or high school player ever, although I have booed a team coming on the field. I wasn't at the game so I can't comment on the specifics of the boos but I think they should voice their displeasure however they want.

Maybe they got confused and thought they were watching Colorado play??? LOL

He needs fired one way or the other and I think Cally knows that.................

I agree, Coz needs to be fired. But I do find it ironic that when I said that in an earlier thread the eventual result is that you questioned whether or not I was a true Husker fan, and you questioned my personal integrity by insinuating that I had some sort of criminal background, and you called me inbred (also very ironic to have someone from Iowa call ME inbred).

Now....once again....I have been vindicated. As I have been saying since last season....it is time for Coz to go. But I guess any opinion on the firing of Coz only counts if one of the Husker Board legends :sarcasm agrees. Pathetic.

I really find it funny that people go into a ballgame and think they have the right to boo. They lay claim to the fact they are not living up to tradition -- blah blah blah.

I personally would like to walk into their place of work, begin booing in their face and see how kindly each of them take to that.

And before anyone starts with the "well, I pay money to get into the game, it is my right" speeches. Remember, no matter if you own or work for a company, I help pay for your salary as well. If I use one of your company services, buy a product from your company, etc., I am putting money in your pocket and helping pay your salary. So what exactly is the difference? Point blank -- there is none.

Then there are the people who say they are booing the coaches. Yes, I'm sure in between the loud chorus of boos, the players were able to decipher who they for. Next time, maybe you should make it more clear with a "BOOOOOO THE COACHES" type chant.

I mean really, alot of you all get on a message board and rant with ideas that you know all about the proud Husker tradition and no one is living up to it. Well guess what, you only experience the Husker tradition, these players and coaches LIVE IT DAILY. These bleed, they sweat, they go thru two-a-days, they play hurt and they bust their asses twice as hard as you ever would and because you pay the price of admission, it suddenly makes you superior to them and the things they are going to accomplish? Look at them, they are all competitors. You don't play football in the Big 12 unless you have a fire in your belly, but you think these guys aren't living up to your standards? Give me an effin' break.

Honestly, I am disappointed we are not performing better, but even moreso, I am embarrassed by the actions of our fans. That is just sad.

Any athlete who has played at a high level has heard boos or complaining and any player who isn't a pussycat accepts that if they play that bad they will hear about it. AND this was directed towards COZ. I don't think anyone was booing the players but rather the defense towards Coz.

THIS IS DIVISION 1 FOOTBALL, GO PLAY INTERMURALS IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE CRITICISM....LOL

So, you think booing them week in-week out is somehow going to inspire them? They are stepping on their own home field and they have to wonder if their own fans are behind them. They will have in the back of their heads if they miss a tackle, read a play wrong, give up a TD, etc., will the fans be on their case again? Essentially, you are dividing the players more than helping it. But I don't expect any gloom and doomers to understand that.

You see, we can all notice we have problems. But the thing is, openly complaining about them to the level we are does nothing to help the situation, we only make it worse. And that is from top to bottom. The staff begins to feel the pressure, the players begin to feel the pressure, the rumors begin to swirl about jobs being lost, recruits wonder what is going on. It helps NOTHING! Fine, if you want to criticize and even critique, feel free. But to boo in your own stadium, and call for firings? That is WAYYY out of line.

Go out in the middle of a street, start booing loudly and see if people do not begin to wonder if it is directed at them. When you hear a stadium of 80k, who the heck knows who it is directed at unless you are calling them out by name? Heck, I'm surprised Jim Rose didn't break down in tears in the booth, thinking people were ridiculing him again.

I really find it funny that people go into a ballgame and think they have the right to boo. They lay claim to the fact they are not living up to tradition -- blah blah blah.

I personally would like to walk into their place of work, begin booing in their face and see how kindly each of them take to that.

And before anyone starts with the "well, I pay money to get into the game, it is my right" speeches. Remember, no matter if you own or work for a company, I help pay for your salary as well. If I use one of your company services, buy a product from your company, etc., I am putting money in your pocket and helping pay your salary. So what exactly is the difference? Point blank -- there is none.

Then there are the people who say they are booing the coaches. Yes, I'm sure in between the loud chorus of boos, the players were able to decipher who they for. Next time, maybe you should make it more clear with a "BOOOOOO THE COACHES" type chant.

I mean really, alot of you all get on a message board and rant with ideas that you know all about the proud Husker tradition and no one is living up to it. Well guess what, you only experience the Husker tradition, these players and coaches LIVE IT DAILY. These bleed, they sweat, they go thru two-a-days, they play hurt and they bust their asses twice as hard as you ever would and because you pay the price of admission, it suddenly makes you superior to them and the things they are going to accomplish? Look at them, they are all competitors. You don't play football in the Big 12 unless you have a fire in your belly, but you think these guys aren't living up to your standards? Give me an effin' break.

Honestly, I am disappointed we are not performing better, but even moreso, I am embarrassed by the actions of our fans. That is just sad.

Any athlete who has played at a high level has heard boos or complaining and any player who isn't a pussycat accepts that if they play that bad they will hear about it. AND this was directed towards COZ. I don't think anyone was booing the players but rather the defense towards Coz.

THIS IS DIVISION 1 FOOTBALL, GO PLAY INTERMURALS IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE CRITICISM....LOL

So, you think booing them week in-week out is somehow going to inspire them? They are stepping on their own home field and they have to wonder if their own fans are behind them. They will have in the back of their heads if they miss a tackle, read a play wrong, give up a TD, etc., will the fans be on their case again? Essentially, you are dividing the players more than helping it. But I don't expect any gloom and doomers to understand that.

You see, we can all notice we have problems. But the thing is, openly complaining about them to the level we are does nothing to help the situation, we only make it worse. And that is from top to bottom. The staff begins to feel the pressure, the players begin to feel the pressure, the rumors begin to swirl about jobs being lost, recruits wonder what is going on. It helps NOTHING! Fine, if you want to criticize and even critique, feel free. But to boo in your own stadium, and call for firings? That is WAYYY out of line.

Go out in the middle of a street, start booing loudly and see if people do not begin to wonder if it is directed at them. When you hear a stadium of 80k, who the heck knows who it is directed at unless you are calling them out by name? Heck, I'm surprised Jim Rose didn't break down in tears in the booth, thinking people were ridiculing him again.

:rollin

So far, they're still a TEAM (of Coaches and players) .."not Offense or Defense or Special teams" (per Sam Keller's post game interview)

..You boo any one of them..You boo them all.

Booing during a game at your home field is Busch league IMO.

Exactly.

NO, giving up 40 and being lucky to beat Ball St is bush league.

If you don't express your frustrations, then what does the cheering really mean? "Cheering only" mentality makes each cheer less meaningful also.

Oh, and Callahan is definitely Bush League

He can get fired but they will have to pay him still. No way they can afford to fire Callahan now. They would have to pay him plus the new head coach.

WTF do you want him to do? In order to keep the team mentally together, he cant go and swear out his DC to the media. The only time I have ever seen anything close to it was Spurrier calling out his DC in a post game. And he later said he regretted it.

Yeah he has to keep a calm front and take care of business behind closed doors.

I agree you have to have some prefesionalism about you in a situation like this. BUT<<<<<< Look at almost any other coaching staff in D1. I watched serveral games yesterday and saw coaches running around full of emotions. (UCLA) and the team responeded to it. Our coaching staff doesn't show enough of it at all. This calm "I'm a pro" aproach just gets under my skin. Just a simple " we have serious questions to answer " or somehting would make everyone think he cares a little more than he acts like. Act like he is upset with the way it went ANYTTHING!

WTF do you want him to do? In order to keep the team mentally together, he cant go and swear out his DC to the media. The only time I have ever seen anything close to it was Spurrier calling out his DC in a post game. And he later said he regretted it.

I agree you have to have some prefesionalism about you in a situation like this. BUT<<<<<< Look at almost any other coaching staff in D1. I watched serveral games yesterday and saw coaches running around full of emotions. (UCLA) and the team responeded to it. Our coaching staff doesn't show enough of it at all. This calm "I'm a pro" aproach just gets under my skin. Just a simple " we have serious questions to answer " or somehting would make everyone think he cares a little more than he acts like. Act like he is upset with the way it went ANYTTHING!

Yeah I guess your right there.................I would love to see him just go up to one of our defensive guys and get in his face and yell!!!!!

Yeah I guess your right there.................I would love to see him just go up to one of our defensive guys and get in his face and yell!!!!!

Kind of like Doctor Tom would? :lol:

Nah, I agree with you there. I've heard though that Bill let them all have it after the USC game. This defense is suffering from a lack of everything, but fire and leadership are two glaring cases. Bowman gives up his blackshirt––a captain––and no one follows him. This week everyone should be stripped until further notice. They can be given back one at a time to players who earn it, who get off their blocks, who play their positions well. But during the game, too, we need someone getting in people's faces. The complacency of being dominated is only enforced by a lack of heat from a coach or team leader. This is why I think the booing is necessary. It tells the players what the coaches apparently aren't telling them: You are embarrassing us and yourselves and our tradition. Get your sh#t together and I mean now.

The only thing about him yelling behind closed doors and not during the game, or at least showing some emotion during the game, is that IT'S TOO LATE! After the game it should be done but it also will have no effect during the game, so if you want to see some change during the game he should do something during the game. I think his calm sometimes keeps the players from understanding the urgency or importance to the correct level

The only thing about him yelling behind closed doors and not during the game, or at least showing some emotion during the game, is that IT'S TOO LATE! After the game it should be done but it also will have no effect during the game, so if you want to see some change during the game he should do something during the game. I think his calm sometimes keeps the players from understanding the urgency or importance to the correct level

They should understand it just by having common sense. If our players were sitting there yesterday with the attitude..........."Ah no big deal we'll win this one." I'm going to smack someone come next weekend because their common sense maker needs a good jostle to get going. If I would have been a player on that team yesterday I would have probably sh#t myself!

They should understand it just by having common sense. If our players were sitting there yesterday with the attitude..........."Ah no big deal we'll win this one." I'm going to smack someone come next weekend because their common sense maker needs a good jostle to get going. If I would have been a player on that team yesterday I would have probably sh#t myself!

I meant it more as an entire season/last 3 seasons. And it's a matter of getting them fire up, look around the ranks of college football, almost every other coach does it.

I meant it more as an entire season/last 3 seasons. And it's a matter of getting them fire up, look around the ranks of college football, almost every other coach does it.

I see what your saying..........................I would love for him to show some fire as well.