CFN's 5 Most Over-rated Teams

Tuesday's Question

Q: The 5 Most Overrated Teams Are ...

John Harris

Q: The 5 Most Overrated Teams Are ...

1. Louisville – Uh, no brainer. Losing to a very good Kentucky team is one thing – losing the way it did by giving up the late deep ball for a touchdown, not so good. Losing to Syracuse, worse…losing at home to Syracuse, well, let’s not go there.

2. TCU – With only an average running game, the non-BCS darlings lost two in a row to Texas and Air Force putting them in a tough spot in the Mountain West race. We won’t be seeing the Horned Frogs on New Year’s Day as many had predicted.

3. The Big Ten, with the exception of Ohio State, Purdue, Michigan State and Illinois – Wisconsin struggled with the Citadel and Iowa (an Iowa team that lost to Iowa State who lost to two MAC squads and a D1AA team). Penn State lost to a Michigan team starting a true freshman at quarterback. Minnesota lost to FAU and Bowling Green, while Northwestern lost to Duke. 22 game losing streak Duke…AT HOME!!! Michigan? The Wolverines might win the Big Ten, but the App. State loss will linger for a while.

4. Texas A&M – this could be any other Big 12 South team, not named Oklahoma, but A&M had more expected of it, especially after the 12-7 win at Texas last November. At least, Texas is still undefeated, even if it hasn’t played exceptionally well. The Aggies should’ve lost to Fresno State at home and then got hammered at Miami. It’s not pretty right now for a team that was a ‘hot’ Big 12 South pick at the beginning of the year.

5. Nebraska – the Big 12 North championship favorite has given up 49 and 40 points to USC and, gulp, Ball State…at home! Just think what Missouri will do to them in Columbia. They can still win the Big 12, but until the defense improves, especially up front, it will be another Alamo Bowl trip for the Huskers.

i dunno if you can go to the Alamo Bowl with 4 or 5 losses?? maybe??

I thnik we were 8-4 when we went in 05

Depends how everyone else's records shape up...Alamo Bowl is the Big Ten #4 or #5 against the Big 12 #5...I think we could go 5-3 in the Big 12 (which would be 8-4 overall) and still be #5 in the Big 12...

we end up #6 or #7 and we're in the Insight or Independence Bowls, respectively.

Like I said before don't make fun of Michigan too much b/c we could play them in a bowl game.

How embarrassing to even hear people mentioning the Alamo Bowl. Please don't say insight or Independence, that had better get some heads rolling.

Let's hope for the Holiday, that is 3rd, but if TX and OU go to BCS games and Mizzou goes to the Cotton bowl we could be there???

True, but Texas in a BCS bowl looks like a longshot at this point...

I think TX will only lose to OU

While TX may only lose to OU, I hardly think that qualifies them for a BCS game. Unless they start playing dramatically better which they did against Rice, they will not make a BCS game. Their first couple of games were horrible. IMO, they shouldn't be in the top 10. I still think the only Big 12 team making a BCS game is the winner of the Big 12 Championship. We're a weaker conference this year, and I don't think we'll be rewarded with 2 BCS bowls.

Dont be fooled. Texas is playing weak this year. I've seen each game. Colt McCoy is pressing. And their defense isnt as good as you might expect. They beat Arkansas St. 21-13 & Central Florida 35-32. If TCU had an offense, that game would have been up in the air. It's a reason why they have dropped some spots in the polls.

As for the article, its not a stretch of the imagination to call the Huskers overrated by tossing in the back-to-back 40pt games on D. I think all they are doing is pointing out the obvious.

Who is actualy rating them high? It's not like Nu shooting up the polls.

Hmmmmmmmm should this list not include UCLA? I mean an average Mountain West Conference team beat them ...bad.

No mention of Notre Dame? Hmmmmmmmm maybe they were supposed to be as bad as they are.

Didn't see another PAC team called Arizona, Coached by a Stoop beaten at home by another Mountain West Conference team, UNM.

Sounds to me this writer has very a very selective memory if not bias against certain conferences and teams.

Gentleman thats why its called football and thats why they play the game. A game of emotion not just talent and on any given day odd things happen.