BLACKOUT!

BigWillie

Well, if they can actually do it in just the student section, cool. But my experiences with organized things like this are that they never work as intended and just look stupid.

Yea, you are right though. Usually they don't exactly come through.

Someone needs to be handing out tee shirts where the students come in. I wonder why the AD's office can't pony up a bit of dough to make a few thousand tee shirts...

JUST the student section: YES

Anybody else: NO

The older folks will never support this, but I think if it is planned well and JUST the student section, it could look good. But it's all about prior planning.

Oh, and while we are on the subject of wearing colors to a game, why the hell does anyone where white? Seriously, if we are bitching about it being a SEA OF RED, dont wear white either.

Eh, white is Ok IMO. At least it is part of our color scheme. What always amazed me is the number of people who show up in blue or some other color that has nothing to do with Nebraska football.

Well, if they can actually do it in just the student section, cool. But my experiences with organized things like this are that they never work as intended and just look stupid.

Yea, you are right though. Usually they don't exactly come through.

Someone needs to be handing out tee shirts where the students come in. I wonder why the AD's office can't pony up a bit of dough to make a few thousand tee shirts...

I agree, that's about the only way to make it work. People need to stand outside the gates handing black shirts to those sitting in the student section.

I think a B****** of the whole stadium is sweet. Unfortunately we have a bunch of people who are unaccepting of change, even if it is for just one game. These are the same people who are still pissed we are not running option. If anyone has seen a stadium where it is blacked out, you would realize how intimidating it looks. Iowa did it last year for the OSU game and it might be one of the coolest things i have seen. It doesnt hurt to change it up a little bit, even red gets old after 50 yrs.

Unfortunately we have a bunch of people who are unaccepting of change, even if it is for just one game. These are the same people who are still pissed we are not running option.

Um, I hate to break it to you, but I think a stadium-wide B****** isn't a good idea. And I'm glad we're not running the option anymore. Oops.

Why is a stadium wide B****** not a good idea? What is the problem with it?

Eh, white is Ok IMO. At least it is part of our color scheme. What always amazed me is the number of people who show up in blue or some other color that has nothing to do with Nebraska football.

I think it should be written in stone somewhere that if a Nebraska fan is coming to memorial stadium, he/she should wear red. I can *almost* let white slide but never grey or as you said, some other color. Most if not every person who would contemplate coming to a NU game should have a red shirt. It's gotta be very probable at least.

Well, for starters it's not realistic unless someone is willing to drop quite a large amount of cash to hand out shirts to the tens of thousands of people that will not be wearing black when they show up. Second, the sea of red is a good tradition and I don't see the need to change it, even for one game. I think the sea of red is the best way to show support for the team (besides cheering).