BLACKOUT!

BigWillie

I guess i dont see the issue with turning the stadium into the "BLACK HOLE" for one game. I haven't heard one valid argument as to why we shouldn't. Just because it is tradition to wear red doesn't mean for one game you cant change it up. The ability to change the stadium color to a whiteout or a B****** would show how united we are as a fan base. I think it would show the team how much unity we have, and may transpire to the field.

I guess i dont see the issue with turning the stadium into the "BLACK HOLE" for one game. I haven't heard one valid argument as to why we shouldn't. Just because it is tradition to wear red doesn't mean for one game you cant change it up. The ability to change the stadium color to a whiteout or a B****** would show how united we are as a fan base. I think it would show the team how much unity we have, and may transpire to the field.

Well, I haven't heard one good argument in favor of a stadium-wide B******. So I guess we'll agree to disagree, but in the end, it's not ever going to happen here. So take it for whatever that's worth.

Well, if they can actually do it in just the student section, cool. But my experiences with organized things like this are that they never work as intended and just look stupid.

Yea, you are right though. Usually they don't exactly come through.

Someone needs to be handing out tee shirts where the students come in. I wonder why the AD's office can't pony up a bit of dough to make a few thousand tee shirts...

I think all that money is tied up in some contract extentions... ;)

I generally wear red, however thinking that by wearing a red shirt as opposed to a white, grey or whatever makes you that much more of a fan than me or anyone else is pretty :asshat -ish itself. We as fans have a whole helluva lot more to be concerned about than calling people out who aren't decked out head to toe in red.

I generally wear red, however thinking that by wearing a red shirt as opposed to a white, grey or whatever makes you that much more of a fan than me or anyone else is pretty :asshat -ish itself. We as fans have a whole helluva lot more to be concerned about than calling people out who aren't decked out head to toe in red.

Yeah, I don't think it makes a person any less of a fan. I just don't get WHY anyone would wear something other than red.

:nutz

first of all, why the Iowa St. game and second why does someone bring this up every year and all but very few people take him down

Red should be real intimidating to ISU..................considering that is the same color their stadium is on gameday. I think it is a perfect time to switch it up, besides the fact it may inspire the defense to show up.

No B******.

Student section = B****** OK

Whole stadium B****** = dumb.

:yeah

Rather than "Just Say No" which is something you tell little kids to say to drugs, give me a reasonable explanation as to why. Back up your opinion with something.

:throw

Been tried...more than once...never works. You might as well take out a full-page ad in the Journal-Star for a whole month before the game telling everyone that the Huskers will only play great if everyone wears pink bunny costumes. Same result.

As some poster said, it sort of worked with the students one year, and even that was limited.

Don't worry, though...when it doesn't work for this game, I'm sure someone will bring it up for the next home game.