Octavien Apologizes

vwaldoguy

This whole thing is getting really stupid. The defensive players should spend more time practicing their tackling and less time in front of microphones. Let Keller do the talking for the players, he's better at it.

Amen. Get on the field and get your $hit together. It's becoming more about fans v. players than focusing on the MANY problems at hand on the field.

So if they are feeding off the crowd...why has it still been so difficult?!? It isn't like everyone was booing every play. I always noticed the noise on all the 3rd and longs Ball St. converted with ease.

it takes a big man to come back and say he regrets saying something negitive. i hope that NU fans are big enough to forgive him

Why wouldn't I? He's played better ball on D than most, anyway.

It's funny, yet sad...he spoke out of frustration and emotion and apologized and is moving on...meanwhile, the 'lynch mob' on here has barely began to hold a grudge, and is trying to dismantle this season as fast as they can. I doubt you'll see any apologies from the hatemongers...

Oh wait, yes you will...if the season goes well, all will be forgiven. :rolleyes:

True. True. Its the winning is everything mentality.

Read my signature. It seemed to do pretty well for a guy name Lombardi.

I believe the effort is there with the defense. Problem is, they seem to be out of position MOST of the time. That, in my opinion, comes down to coaching. I am willing to look at both sides and not jump all over this team. But, we have heard, "we are close" and "a top ranked recruiting class" for way too long. And don't give me that crap about "top recruiting classes". Out of each class, you may get one or two who will legitimately produce on the field.

Now I am on my soapbox.......

The biggest problem I have with this team is Callahan is trying to run it like the NFL. We don't have those type of athletes. Quit with the multiple shifts, and multiple reads. Buckle your chinstrap and hit somebody in the mouth!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Problem No.2. When Devaney and Osborne were around, how much turnover did we have in the coaching staff??? Blake and Norvell are gone.

Problem No. 3. Why doesn't Callahan embrace former players??? Most ex-players don't feel like they are part of the program. This is a major concern.

Problem No. 4. Why did Pedersen hire outside the NU family??? All those talented coaches. I understand changing with the times. But I tell you what, when you played Nebraska (Osborne), you knew what was coming, and you still couldn't stop. What has happned to smash mouth football???

I can go on and on, but I am about ready to have a meltdown.

I believe the effort is there with the defense. Problem is, they seem to be out of position MOST of the time. That, in my opinion, comes down to coaching. I am willing to look at both sides and not jump all over this team. But, we have heard, "we are close" and "a top ranked recruiting class" for way too long. And don't give me that crap about "top recruiting classes". Out of each class, you may get one or two who will legitimately produce on the field.

Now I am on my soapbox.......

The biggest problem I have with this team is Callahan is trying to run it like the NFL. We don't have those type of athletes. Quit with the multiple shifts, and multiple reads. Buckle your chinstrap and hit somebody in the mouth!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Problem No.2. When Devaney and Osborne were around, how much turnover did we have in the coaching staff??? Blake and Norvell are gone.

Problem No. 3. Why doesn't Callahan embrace former players??? Most ex-players don't feel like they are part of the program. This is a major concern.

Problem No. 4. Why did Pedersen hire outside the NU family??? All those talented coaches. I understand changing with the times. But I tell you what, when you played Nebraska (Osborne), you knew what was coming, and you still couldn't stop. What has happned to smash mouth football???

I can go on and on, but I am about ready to have a meltdown.

One of the articles that pertains to things that McKeon and Octavien said has in it that the players on the ones not trusting where Coz is putting them. Don't know if that's true, but the players have said "Coach Coz is putting us in the right spots were just not trusting that and moving around on our own." I agree that this offense is a little too complicated at time and all the shifts don't fool anyone. I would rather us run something like the spread offense and just play football.