Iowa State

BIGREDIOWAN

i question a poster who comes on here with the handle of "62-36"

Whats your question? :bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:rollin

How much will the Buff's lose by?

alot, of course. I'm a realist. Boy the number 1 fans in the nation are already being a little testy. I respect the huskers and have followed the for years but open your eyes.

i question a poster who comes on here with the handle of "62-36"

Whats your question? :bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:rollin

How much will the Buff's lose by?

alot, of course. I'm a realist. Boy the number 1 fans in the nation are already being a little testy. I respect the huskers and have followed the for years but open your eyes.

Oh, I don't know. A guy signing up with the name 62-36 doesn't exactly ring "legitimate member" to me. Then to come talking smack instantly, as expected, just solidifies that. Yea, didn't see that one coming at all.

Like an NU fan would get a different reception at NetBuff's. Gimme a break.

knew it. But welcome to the board

I think Callahan can compete in the top ten some day but it might be 8-10 years or so and husker fans aren't as patient. The quicker you accept that you might flirt with a nat. title every 10 years or so the easier it will be. Lots of schools would love to be mediocre. Its a different era but still possible.

knew it. But welcome to the board

I think Callahan can compete in the top ten some day but it might be 8-10 years or so and husker fans aren't as patient. The quicker you accept that you might flirt with a nat. title every 10 years or so the easier it will be. Lots of schools would love to be mediocre. Its a different era but still possible.

Whatever a majority of us like Cally and think that he can get it done if he makes some changes in his assistants............... <_<

Our defense needs to key in on ISU's key players. We need to keep safeties over the top to prevent the deep ball. But for this we must first stop the run, and be able to tackle. Cosgrove better improve upon his coaching and preperation for this game, or we may witness yet another shootout. Our O-line needs to do a better job run blocking, with this we can move the ball consistently and I think that will win the game, coupled with Keller's passing attack.

GO BIG RED

I expect a win on Saturday because I'll be there and I don't want to have wasted my time to watch a 1-3 team who got sunk by a D-II squad put up 50 on the pinkshirts. However I would not be surprised if it went the other way.

They run a pretty good spread, which to me says we're screwed if we can't get a decent pass rush. They picked apart Iowa's secondary something good (don't let the score fool you), and Meyer is a dangerous QB with his feet. I expect we'll have to do some spy coverages to slow him down when they run the fifth QB draw of the half. He's easily their most important player, and Blythe (like a disease or something) hasn't been very active this season––although I don't know what he did at Toledo last week.

All in all they're an improving team. When they can get their offense moving it's not bad at all. I expect they'll give us the game in the end with some key turnovers. If we're lucky our O-line will learn how to run block this week and that'll pretty much be all she wrote.

But damn, that 'defense,' I just don't know what to expect. If they can come together and play like men, play Nebraska football, we should be just fine. If not, the season is over. This is our last game that even smells of a "gimme." But any game with the pinkshirt defense is in question from the word Go.

X

Where are all these over hyped recruits we here about all the time? Thank the good lord Sam fell in Callahans lap and we see why Purify only got 1 game suspension, what would this look like if those 2 kids weren't around? doesn't it make you wonder what Callys plan was before Kellar? I know we would like to believe Ganz is good but why would Kellers own teammates in az. not want him and cally greets him with open arms. If cally was confident in Ganz sam wouldnt be here. Scary, where did the talent go? :bonez:bonez:bonez

Can someone please explain to me how a team can build a legacy based on a single game? How is this possible? Here's some figures for you: 30-3, 37-14. 0-5, 2-2, and by the way, good luck this weekend. The Sooners are going to make you beg for death while you listen to the sound of your women wailing.

As to the recruits: you'll be seeing them real, real soon. Just keep your eyes open.

X

What? We have a game this Saturday?

EDIT: Sarcasm.

You caught that huh??? :lol:

I was trying to be clever, but then realized that someone would be a dimwit and think I was serious. <_<

I obviously am concerned for this weekend. The Blackshirts ought to come out with a MAJOR chip on their shoulder after all the crap they've taken this week. And heck, in the prediction thread I spotted ISU 28 points. But I think we have very little to fear from Meyer and Blythe. It feels like they're eighth-year seniors at this point, and every time they come up on the schedule, people are like, "ZOMGz, teh MEYERZ and BLYTHEZ r gunn4 DESTROYZ UZ!!" But every year except 2003 when they beat us 34-27, they've laid an egg against us. 20 points in 2005 (But only 13 in regulation. That's only one touchdown.) and only 14 at home last season? I think they're all bark and no bite.