Iowa State

BIGREDIOWAN

ISU will be watching tape on NUs defense and making schemes to beat the defense. That's what Ball State players said they did in the press conference, followed by "We knew we could move the ball against them so we werent intimidated". Not verbatum, but similar words. So ISU would be foolish not to do that.

I have no idea how ISU is playing so I really cant comment. We ran good against them last year, and Zac set the previous passing record the year before. So again, I have no idea what we will do.

Meyer is not as mobile as some think..... he has been sacked a lot in his career. He is a very experienced signal-caller for ISU, so he will not be intimidated by the NU crowd or the Husker D.

A couple of players to keep an eye on Saturday:

Offense: J.J. Bass is a pretty good running back in his 1st year with the Clones (he came out of a JUCO)....

Defense: Ace Bowen (LB, #15) led the nation in tackles last season.

Meyer may be mobile, but he is not a runner. Take away the run and make Meyer take the game on his back. I have seen nothing this year from them that says he can carry the load. Keep a safety help on Blythe and we should be fine. This, of course, is assuming the defense(they do not get to use blackshirts til they re-earn the right to use it) actually manage to tackle someone, and cut out this arm tackling crap.

The ISU defense doesnt worry me at all. We should be able to move the ball at will.

I expect a win on Saturday because I'll be there and I don't want to have wasted my time to watch a 1-3 team who got sunk by a D-II squad put up 50 on the pinkshirts. However I would not be surprised if it went the other way.

They run a pretty good spread, which to me says we're screwed if we can't get a decent pass rush. They picked apart Iowa's secondary something good (don't let the score fool you), and Meyer is a dangerous QB with his feet. I expect we'll have to do some spy coverages to slow him down when they run the fifth QB draw of the half. He's easily their most important player, and Blythe (like a disease or something) hasn't been very active this season––although I don't know what he did at Toledo last week.

All in all they're an improving team. When they can get their offense moving it's not bad at all. I expect they'll give us the game in the end with some key turnovers. If we're lucky our O-line will learn how to run block this week and that'll pretty much be all she wrote.

But damn, that 'defense,' I just don't know what to expect. If they can come together and play like men, play Nebraska football, we should be just fine. If not, the season is over. This is our last game that even smells of a "gimme." But any game with the pinkshirt defense is in question from the word Go.

X

Meyer is not as mobile as some think..... he has been sacked a lot in his career. He is a very experienced signal-caller for ISU, so he will not be intimidated by the NU crowd or the Husker D.

A couple of players to keep an eye on Saturday:

Offense: J.J. Bass is a pretty good running back in his 1st year with the Clones (he came out of a JUCO)....

Defense: Ace Bowen (LB, #15) led the nation in tackles last season.

Iowa St only given up 3 sacks this year and Nebraska defense only has 4 all year this does give one reason to worry.

I expect a win on Saturday because I'll be there and I don't want to have wasted my time to watch a 1-3 team who got sunk by a D-II squad put up 50 on the pinkshirts. However I would not be surprised if it went the other way.

They run a pretty good spread, which to me says we're screwed if we can't get a decent pass rush. They picked apart Iowa's secondary something good (don't let the score fool you), and Meyer is a dangerous QB with his feet. I expect we'll have to do some spy coverages to slow him down when they run the fifth QB draw of the half. He's easily their most important player, and Blythe (like a disease or something) hasn't been very active this season––although I don't know what he did at Toledo last week.

All in all they're an improving team. When they can get their offense moving it's not bad at all. I expect they'll give us the game in the end with some key turnovers. If we're lucky our O-line will learn how to run block this week and that'll pretty much be all she wrote.

But damn, that 'defense,' I just don't know what to expect. If they can come together and play like men, play Nebraska football, we should be just fine. If not, the season is over. This is our last game that even smells of a "gimme." But any game with the pinkshirt defense is in question from the word Go.

X

Where are all these over hyped recruits we here about all the time? Thank the good lord Sam fell in Callahans lap and we see why Purify only got 1 game suspension, what would this look like if those 2 kids weren't around? doesn't it make you wonder what Callys plan was before Kellar? I know we would like to believe Ganz is good but why would Kellers own teammates in az. not want him and cally greets him with open arms. If cally was confident in Ganz sam wouldnt be here. Scary, where did the talent go? :bonez:bonez:bonez