NU vs. ISU

Spartness

Alright folks, we have beaten this to death, including me. Let's start talking about the next game. Can the players and coaches turn this around and play a decent game against ISU? Do you think this will be a close game or will the Huskers get their sh_t together and pull away. I want more than anything to see the D fly to the ball and attack. I know we are talking about ISU, but I like to see more balance in the offense. If anything, this game is an opportunity for the D to get its confidence back. Could this game determine whether we are going to have a winning record or a losing record this year?

Alright folks, we have beaten this to death, including me. Let's start talking about the next game. Can the players and coaches turn this around and play a decent game against ISU? Do you think this will be a close game or will the Huskers get their sh_t together and pull away. I want more than anything to see the D fly to the ball and attack. I know we are talking about ISU, but I like to see more balance in the offense. If anything, this game is an opportunity for the D to get its confidence back. Could this game determine whether we are going to have a winning record or a losing record this year?

ISU has new coaches and (probably) new schemes etc. and they are playing here. I am still going to be optimistic and say that our D will play hard and Keller will tear these apart-hell we might even cover the spread! GBR

On paper, we've got good players. I really think it's all about heart, and how everyone's confidence was blown against USC and then against Ball State. It won't be easy to recover from these letdowns, but if the guys pull together, you'll see them playing as they should be on paper. College football is all about momentum and having that "swagger" which we're missing right now.

My prediction? If we win big, we'll roll through Missouri with another W and dominate the North and the rest of the season.

If we win another tight game, esp with defensive meltdowns and if it's a high scoring affair, we'll likely lose to Missouri because there will be serious confidence issues.

And if we somehow manage to lose to the 'Clones, our season will be pretty much down the tubes, save for some miracle.

I think we'll score enough to win, but that the defensive problems will persist.

Unless we see some wholesale changes (Ruud, McKeon, Green out; Thenarse, Culbert in), this is what we've got.

42-31, Huskers.

And then get ready for an ass-whoopin' down in Columbia...

thats a novel idea, lets play with 10 on defense :sarcasm

I think we'll score enough to win, but that the defensive problems will persist.

Unless we see some wholesale changes (Ruud, McKeon, Green out; Thenarse, Culbert in), this is what we've got.

42-31, Huskers.

Only if they are all LBs

42-31, Huskers.

Ahh, yes, the crazy schemes Cosgrove was supposedly working on all summer! :lol:

I am really embarassed to say this, but I am worried about this game. At the beginning of the year i was looking forward to it because, i am going to it with my wifes family who are all ISU honks. I was looking for us to hang 50+ on them. Now after I see how horrendous our defense is and the way ISU got up for the Iowa game i am scared. This is ISU's second super bowl. They care more about beating Iowa and NU than the rest of the season. Their season is already a great one just because they beat Iowa. I just hope our guys arent looking at them as easy targets and get sucker punched when ISU shows up to play. But i would think that type of thinking would have left their minds after last week, but you never know i guess.

Man, it is hard to believe all the negative garbage that is being spread about our Husker football

team. It's bad enough to concentrate on the task at hand and prepare for the next game let alone

dealing with all this crap thrown at the coaches and team. Hopefully, they put the last two games

behind them and concentrate on dealing with correcting weaknesses so as to improve. Talking

with some ISU Clone fans, they feel that they can be in this game and possibly win it. The

negative feedback from some NU fans is kindling their fire and giving them reason to think this

way. If we want the team to believe in themselves, then we had better show that we believe

in them first!

I think the key for this game is for the defense to have a big play in the early going of the game. That big play could come from a turnover or sack or even a three and out from a pass breakup or stuffing the line on a third and short. Plus, it wouldn't hurt if the offense could get up by 14 points early in the first quarter and take all momentum.