If you were put in charge...

I Bleed RED

I think Callahan read me say we needed to do more play action! I think Keller ran play action about 7-8 times. Not necessarily to the TE, but it usually resulted in a receiver being open. I'd say McKeon and Ruud played a lot better today and the defense as a whole played with a lot more passion. It was good to see. They aren't to a top-notch level, but they took steps to getting back to respectability.

I think Callahan read me say we needed to do more play action! I think Keller ran play action about 7-8 times. Not necessarily to the TE, but it usually resulted in a receiver being open. I'd say McKeon and Ruud played a lot better today and the defense as a whole played with a lot more passion. It was good to see. They aren't to a top-notch level, but they took steps to getting back to respectability.

Actually, I called him and let him know what you'd been saying about play action. He was like, "Hey, that DJR313 guy has a good idea... for a cyborg, that is." Don't be surprised if he doesn't give you credit; during the conversation I got the idea that he's really prejudice against cyborgs, robots, or any humanoid construct. He mentioned off-handedly that he had secretly wanted society to crumble into a post-apocalypse dystopia so he could get his dream job as a blade runner. All I'm saying is that you probably won't get the credit you deserve.

• 2 weeks later...

I would personally go away from a mainly zone block running scheme. Our line averages about 315 pounds so I would like to see more of a power running game with counters and a lead blocker in an I or of set I. I would still continue to run a stretch play to keep the defense honest so when we run a play action of the stretch play our tight end or fullback will be wide open. It seems to me that when we run now it is either stretch play right or left. I would also like us to go vertical more. In the ball st. game for the whole first half we lined up with three tight ends and one receiver (God only knows why that one receiver was Erickson most of the time). I also would like us to spread the defense out with three or four wide and run. I am not talking about the bunch three wide but spread them out past the hashes. I have said many times that I would LOVE to get Erickson out of there and put in anybody else to fill his spot. I Bleed Red-what did you mean by move Rudd outside? Hes already SAM, and I notice he does play a lot of "over" packages where he is on the line, so what did you mean by you would like to see more of that? Personally I would like for our linebackers to stay back a little bit bc when the offense runs off tackle or a play where they are counting on the cutback we get too far upfield and there is nobody there for the cutback lane. I would LOVE to get Culbert at WILL Dillard at MIKE and Octavien at SAM and play them in the traditional 4-3 base, none of this "over" or "under" bull. I love the fact that Coz has said he is going to get Prince and Washington and Blue in there as well as West, get some of these young guys some reps.

Bingo! That's been one of my points for awhile. Is Coz capable of making such a change?

I would also like to see Castille get more carries to wear down the opposing D's. We have a very good BIG back and need to utilize that.

Try to play with more reckless abandon and quit thinking all of the time and just play hard and fearless. Make plays.

They play stiff and scared and have zero confidence, like a 25 percent free-throw shooter being asked to make the game winner with time expiring in double OT.

Catch the ball when it hits you in the hands. Use solid fundamental tackling techniques and a little tenacity when trying to tackle D-1 running backs and receivers.

On offense

1 - Get Lucky the ball in space. Screens, lining up, or shifting to the slot. He is most dangerous when working in space, not between the tackles.

2 - Pass defenses out of 8 man fronts. Get more of the short crosses and short outs that are next to impossible to defend and are good for about 4 yards if the WR doesnt even get anything after the catch.

3 - use Either Glenn or Castille to pound the ball between the tackles. Lucky is a space guy, use the hammers to wear out the defense.

Of Defense.

1 - more live tackling in practice. And work on fudementals instead of scheme. Wrap up the ball carrier, no more arm tackles.

2 - Youth movement. Put in more of the young fast guys who want it. They may make mistakes, but they will make them going 100 MPH, they will also have some big plays.

3- more Blitz. The front four isnt getting the pressure needed. And be creative on where and when the blitz comes from.

Changes to be made immediately...

1. Defense... blow it all up and start over!

2. Team Unity council... sounds like we need it.

3. Tunnel Walk... almost worse than the defensive performance this year!

Things going well...

1. QB Sam Keller... Great attitude and fire. Wish he had more than this year.

2. Kicking... what a change from last year! (Thank you Adi)

3. Special Teams... Can'r believe I am adding them but I couldn't come up with another one.

GBR