Nebraska vs Missouri

d3v0

Here’s some statistical information for you. Missouri and Nebraska are fairly similar teams. Both teams, statistically speaking, have bad (Nebraska) if not horrible (Missouri) defenses and good (Nebraska) if not great (Missouri) offenses.

But from looking at the stats it seams that Missouri’s success is a bit over inflated. The four teams that they’ve played average 82nd in the nation in total defense giving up over 420 yards per game. Missouri is averaging over 544 yards a game but still it’s against very bad defenses. Missouri also has horrible defensive stats yet the four teams they’ve faced average 63rd in total offence gaining 385.85 yards yet Missouri is giving up 434.5 yards a game.

Nebraska on the other hand has faced teams that average 47th in total offense gaining 419 yards but is only giving up 388 yards on average. Plus the average Defensive Rank for teams we faced is 51st giving up just 351.97 yards be we are gaining 467.80 yards on average.

Just some food for thought.

Mizou Defense vs Nebraska Defense Stats

Mizou Offense vs Nebraska Offense Stats

Here’s some statistical information for you. Missouri and Nebraska are fairly similar teams. Both teams, statistically speaking, have bad (Nebraska) if not horrible (Missouri) defenses and good (Nebraska) if not great (Missouri) offenses.

But from looking at the stats it seams that Missouri’s success is a bit over inflated. The four teams that they’ve played average 82nd in the nation in total defense giving up over 420 yards per game. Missouri is averaging over 544 yards a game but still it’s against very bad defenses. Missouri also has horrible defensive stats yet the four teams they’ve faced average 63rd in total offence gaining 385.85 yards yet Missouri is giving up 434.5 yards a game.

Nebraska on the other hand has faced teams that average 47th in total offense gaining 419 yards but is only giving up 388 yards on average. Plus the average Defensive Rank for teams we faced is 51st giving up just 351.97 yards be we are gaining 467.80 yards on average.

Very true. I agree when you look at the stats that we are only giving up 388 per game but we need to ignore Nevada since that defense no longer exists and our last 3 games ( the most relevant) we have given up an avg of 494 and Mizzou has averaged 544 per game on offense.

The biggest issue is at least we have played a few tough teams and we were able to move the ball and they can't stop anybody. They played horrible teams and gave up huge yards.

Very true. I agree when you look at the stats that we are only giving up 388 per game but we need to ignore Nevada since that defense no longer exists and our last 3 games ( the most relevant) we have given up an avg of 494 and Mizzou has averaged 544 per game on offense.

The biggest issue is at least we have played a few tough teams and we were able to move the ball and they can't stop anybody. They played horrible teams and gave up huge yards.

You said it man! Missourin had play 4 gimmies so far. I think NU will hit them in the mouth hard and take the crowd out of it early. Missouri is a good team but they've been playing soft teams. Kind of puts you in a disadvantage.

I expect a HUGE game out of Keller, Purify, and Lucky. :thumbs

You'll get it out of Kelly and Lucky, I'll bet.

But Mr. Purify is saddled by yet another personal trajedy. That can be distracting, and

I'm wondering if he'll even start.

You said it man! Missourin had play 4 gimmies so far. I think NU will hit them in the mouth hard and take the crowd out of it early. Missouri is a good team but they've been playing soft teams. Kind of puts you in a disadvantage.

While I agree we haven't played anyone as tough as USC, I think if you throw that game out our schedule is comparable to yours. I wouldn't call Illinois a soft team. Their only loss is to Mizzou and they did knock off Penn State last weekend. While Ole Miss isn't great, they did play Florida tough and they also hung with Georgia last weekend. We are the only Big 12 team to play two BCS conference teams in our off season schedule. One of those games was away, and the second was at a neutral location.

Thanks for the stats. To me, the non-conference games are to get your team "gelling" and ready for conference play. A little experiment here and there, get your newcomers playing time and up to game speed, the the rust off the returning starters, etc, break down what isnt working to improve that area, and develope what it takes to win. With that said, the stats from early in the season are good but not the ideal measurment.

What makes me nervous to all get out, is that Mizzou runs the spread offense. Which means they will spread the defense and attack the lanes that are open. And they will do it all day if you let them. Our defense hasnt made that adjustment yet so I am hopefull they will plan against it and then when they see it, they have to make the plays & stops.

I expect a HUGE game out of Keller, Purify, and Lucky. :thumbs

You'll get it out of Kelly and Lucky, I'll bet.

But Mr. Purify is saddled by yet another personal trajedy. That can be distracting, and

I'm wondering if he'll even start.

I just seen that............ :hmmph He needs to take his time because football isn't that important right now.

While I agree we haven't played anyone as tough as USC, I think if you throw that game out our schedule is comparable to yours. I wouldn't call Illinois a soft team. Their only loss is to Mizzou and they did knock off Penn State last weekend. While Ole Miss isn't great, they did play Florida tough and they also hung with Georgia last weekend. We are the only Big 12 team to play two BCS conference teams in our off season schedule. One of those games was away, and the second was at a neutral location.

The Huskers Played 2 BCS Conference CHAMPIONS!

Nebraska played USC and Wake Forest. Wake was a road game.

Nebraska played USC and Wake Forest. Wake was a road game.

My appologies, I meant to type: We are the only other Big 12 . . .