A fair Mizzou Fan's Perspective...

I'm a big Mizzou Fan and I wanna say as well that it was a good assessment of the game. It looks to be very even to me between our two teams however I wouldn't be suprised to see either team run away with this seeing as how this year has panned out thus far.

On a sidenote: I'm impressed with the vast majority of Nebraska Fans. They seem to know their football and are not mouthy in general (sure, there are a few bad eggs with every school) but very nice and knowledgable for the most part. I was on a National College Football Message Board the other day and it seems everyone from the Big East, ACC, SEC, etc enjoys mouthing the Big 12 and especially the Huskers, the worst coming from WVU and Rutgers (I've seen very few posts from these schools that weren't nasty). Also, the NU fans as a whole are steps above the Buff fans. (Yes, as far as the Big 12 goes, the CU fans are the most cocky for sure in my experiences). I know I know, I'm supposed to mouth our Jayhawk Rivals but I see what I see...

Here's to a good game and Welcome to Columbia....

Barnacle....

Agreed. Always been impressed with Nebraska fans, never a bad experience from this Mizzou fan. Hope everyone has a good experience in Columbia.

And remember, always, Mizzou is as tough as rain.

What's with this tough as rain stuff!? :lol:

Great post, michzoufan. And I think that's pretty accurate. I think if we're able to run the ball consistently that might be trouble for MU.

Probably pretty much even, there might be a slight advantage with Jeremy Maclin returning punts (has 2TD so far). It looks like Adi Kunalic can boom the ball, Jeff Wolfert has been a little inconsistent so far this year. We had a punt blocked by Illinois that was returned for a TD and also a net of 0, but the special teams has been better.

Our coverage teams have been pretty solid so far and Grixby has been oh-so-close to breaking a return for a touchdown a few times this year. I have a feeling he'll get one soon...

michzoufan, your board ID leads me to believe your in michigan. just curious where, im in kalamazoo, and where you may be watchin the game. i hate going to watch the husker game and being the only one even remotely interested in seeing it. welcome to our board

Thanks to everyone for the kind words. I also live in the Kalamazoo area. I don't know of anyone else getting together specifically to watch the game. I'll drop you a PM....

This game is probably a make or break game for both teams. Not in the sense that their season will be over but in the way their fans react to the result. I have to agree with the assesment in the original post and I hope you are wrong about mu jumping up early.

This should be a great game,

GBR

I agree a big game for both teams, but after last weekend, it looks like the North is much tougher top to bottom than any of us realized. Colorado isn't an easy W and K-State once again is formidable on defense and their special teams are indeed "special"

This game between the Huskers and Tigers is going to be electric, I can't wait for Saturday.

As far as Husker fans, as a Mizzou fan I have always enjoyed Nebraska week. Especially since the games have become more competitive. I remember after the '97 game, sitting in a pub in Columbia with a table of Husker fans having libations, talking football, and none of us believing the emotional roller coaster from which we witnessed. (Davison catch in the end zone)

Should be another "classic"

HUSKERS HAVE KNOWN CHANCES BUT IF MU IS THEIR IT COULD BE WINDOW DRESSING FOR BOOGEREATER FANS ALL DAY. KEEP DANCEING MARY JOE YOUR FEET NEED TO DO SOMETHING TO KEEP WARM.

Are you refering to Chase Daniels? You do know that he was caught eating his own boogs on t.v. right? Or were you refering to Bugeater fans? Be more specific.

HUSKERS HAVE KNOWN CHANCES BUT IF MU IS THEIR IT COULD BE WINDOW DRESSING FOR BOOGEREATER FANS ALL DAY. KEEP DANCEING MARY JOE YOUR FEET NEED TO DO SOMETHING TO KEEP WARM.

Are you refering to Chase Daniels? You do know that he was caught eating his own boogs on t.v. right? Or were you refering to Bugeater fans? Be more specific.

the funny thing is I imagine this guy punching the keys on his keyboard one by one.

"Let's see, I'm going reply with some idiotic comment....where's that caps lock key, AHHH THERE IT IS. OKAY, REPLY:

H-U-S-K-E-R-S H-A-V-E K-N-O-W-N (that's how you spell 'no', right?)..."

anyway, good original post. Welcome to the board michzoufan, I see a pretty even game as well. Of course, saying that without knocking on wood and we'll probably suck it up in the first quarter like usual.

But hopefully we'll have a good night game on our hands! :bonez

Great post, michzoufan. And I think that's pretty accurate. I think if we're able to run the ball consistently that might be trouble for MU.

Probably pretty much even, there might be a slight advantage with Jeremy Maclin returning punts (has 2TD so far). It looks like Adi Kunalic can boom the ball, Jeff Wolfert has been a little inconsistent so far this year. We had a punt blocked by Illinois that was returned for a TD and also a net of 0, but the special teams has been better.

Our coverage teams have been pretty solid so far and Grixby has been oh-so-close to breaking a return for a touchdown a few times this year. I have a feeling he'll get one soon...

Considering we havent have kick returned for a TD in like 3 years, i would say we are due for one and why not this week. I think this game is going to be extremely high scoring. I would say 100-99 NU comes out on top.

Considering we havent have kick returned for a TD in like 3 years, i would say we are due for one and why not this week. I think this game is going to be extremely high scoring. I would say 100-99 NU comes out on top.

if MU scores 99 on us, then we definitely need to fire Coz

I'll light the torches

Well, I WAS predicting a win for Nebraska this week, probably a couple touchdowns, but then I heard that Mizzou is tough as rain, and I don't know guys––that's pretty tough. Tough like a tiger rain. Chase the Chase, bitches, he's tough as rain. What can the blackshirts do? It' rain, and it's tough. It's tough rain. I think they'll be chasing the rain, but Chase rain is tough, and tough rain Chases.

Oh, and your quarterback devours his own snot on national television.

All in all, nice assessment. I'd give us the edge on special teams, though, as you likely wont have a kick return game thanks to Adi-matic. That, and I believe ultimately that Missouri is cursed. Even if you win this game, the North Division title will come back to us like a lost puppy to its owner. I know you're tough as rain and all, but ultimately I think Pinkel will find a way to give us this game. If we can run on your defense consistently, your offense won't be on the field that much (see Nevada), and if that happens and our D can get a couple good stops or turnovers, it'll be a less dramatic game than statistics would shape it up to be.

Oh, and I hope Mizzou doesn't put up 99. Cos would be have to be fired and that right soon.

X

Husker Alum in Missouri here. I live in Kansas City area, so there's a strange mixture of 20% KU, 20% KState, 40% Mizzou, 10% Huskers, 10% everything else. I've got to tell you, overall, the Missouri fans are pretty good to me. Overall, the KState Fans are somewhat jerky, and overall, the KU fans don't even bother me til basketball season. But I tell you what - no single KState or KU fans really jump out and give me a hard time. I have dozens of KU and KState fans as friends, but they all are about at the same level of annoying. I have a few dozen Missou friends who are really nice, don't talk smack. But man oh man, I have about 6 Mizzou fans that I know that are some of the worst. I got dozens of txt messages during the USC game - like "uh-oh" and "my grandma could run through that hole" - all from this bad group of Mizzou fans. Don't ever bring up the '97 game with them - you'll never hear a more bitter tirade about cheaters in your whole life. If Nebraska doesn't win this game, I'm going to have to turn off my cell phone and discontinue my txt messaging plan on my phone! It's really bad that those few people can give the Mizzou fans such a bad name. Just like how we do it in Nebraska, if you see a fan of your team acting like a jerk, say something to them! Ok, rant is over.

:clap:clap:clap<_<

I'm a big Mizzou Fan and I wanna say as well that it was a good assessment of the game. It looks to be very even to me between our two teams however I wouldn't be suprised to see either team run away with this seeing as how this year has panned out thus far.

On a sidenote: I'm impressed with the vast majority of Nebraska Fans. They seem to know their football and are not mouthy in general (sure, there are a few bad eggs with every school) but very nice and knowledgable for the most part. I was on a National College Football Message Board the other day and it seems everyone from the Big East, ACC, SEC, etc enjoys mouthing the Big 12 and especially the Huskers, the worst coming from WVU and Rutgers (I've seen very few posts from these schools that weren't nasty). Also, the NU fans as a whole are steps above the Buff fans. (Yes, as far as the Big 12 goes, the CU fans are the most cocky for sure in my experiences). I know I know, I'm supposed to mouth our Jayhawk Rivals but I see what I see...

Here's to a good game and Welcome to Columbia....

Barnacle....

what is it with people in MO using the term "mouthing"? Since my parents moved back there I have even heard them use the term. It just doesn't sound right coming out of the mouths of 2 people with masters degrees........

anyway back to football