scariest places to play

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/stor...mp;lid=tab2pos3

I wish Memorial Stadium had a scarier reputation. I fear it's becoming too much of a production with the tunnel walk, gate guardians, etc. Now don't get me wrong, I love the tunnel walk but wish it would return to the simplicity of a few years ago and not look like a hokey production number. But overall, I just wish teams feared playing in Lincoln instead of knowing about the applause they'll receive at the end of the game.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/stor...mp;lid=tab2pos3

I wish Memorial Stadium had a scarier reputation. I fear it's becoming too much of a production with the tunnel walk, gate guardians, etc. Now don't get me wrong, I love the tunnel walk but wish it would return to the simplicity of a few years ago and not look like a hokey production number. But overall, I just wish teams feared playing in Lincoln instead of knowing about the applause they'll receive at the end of the game.

:yeah

I don't know...I don't think we're really known as a "scary venue"

Everyone seems to always come out saying what a great gameday environment it is there. Like saying, "this is what college football is about!"

But you're right. If we want to become a scary venue we'll need to get back to a home game winning streak where teams have problems scoring points let alone thinking about even getting a win when they get to Lincoln.

I'd rather be known as one of the greatest venues than the scariest. I think players coming in and being in awe of a stadium/crowd is just as big of an advantage as a 'scary' one. My vote for scariest would have to go to the Orange Bowl. (Mainly because it's the only one on that list I've been to.) But it is dark, old, dirty, unwelcoming.....and not to mention it is pretty much in the 'hood.

Memorial doesn't strike "fear" into the heart of anyone. It's a fantastic atmosphere in the sense of respectful and knowledgeable fans, but far from scary. We have too many AARP members content to politely applaud whereas people in SEC country and elsewhere scream till they are hoarse every game. In addition to this, the fact that our endzone seating goes out (not up like the Swamp, Death Valley, Ohio Stadium) lets a lot of sound escape instead of bottling it up and making it hard to hear. We have a beautiful game day atmosphere, but I doubt we will ever intimidate an opponent.

I'd rather be known as one of the greatest venues than the scariest. I think players coming in and being in awe of a stadium/crowd is just as big of an advantage as a 'scary' one. My vote for scariest would have to go to the Orange Bowl. (Mainly because it's the only one on that list I've been to.) But it is dark, old, dirty, unwelcoming.....and not to mention it is pretty much in the 'hood.

Yeah. Thank God they're tearing that hell hole down.

I don't know...I don't think we're really known as a "scary venue"

Everyone seems to always come out saying what a great gameday environment it is there. Like saying, "this is what college football is about!"

But you're right. If we want to become a scary venue we'll need to get back to a home game winning streak where teams have problems scoring points let alone thinking about even getting a win when they get to Lincoln.

Amen brotha :woo

When we use to dominate the visitors, the players and coaches feeling dejected would still sit up to say how great the fans were. Even after getting buried by 40 points. I agree we have to get that home winning streak / edge back. It takes time.

Memorial doesn't strike "fear" into the heart of anyone. It's a fantastic atmosphere in the sense of respectful and knowledgeable fans, but far from scary. We have too many AARP members content to politely applaud whereas people in SEC country and elsewhere scream till they are hoarse every game. In addition to this, the fact that our endzone seating goes out (not up like the Swamp, Death Valley, Ohio Stadium) lets a lot of sound escape instead of bottling it up and making it hard to hear. We have a beautiful game day atmosphere, but I doubt we will ever intimidate an opponent.

AARP :rollin:rollin:rollin Quick, take out the Country Kitchen Cafe!