Question for the Huskers

People want to crucify Cosgrove for 2 bad games a year. Pelini had 3 bad games in 03. I guess everything is roses if you only choose to remember what you want to.

Let's see, I think I would prefer #11 in the country versus #75. How about you? Our D is ranked like #75 in the country while Pelini's finished the season at #11. We lost to KState which won the Big 12 and played in a BCS bowl, and we lost to Texas who nearly made a BCS bowl. This year, USC will be the only BCS bound team we play unless we somehow pull off winning the North. No way in hell this D ever makes it to #11 or better. Cosgrove has had 4 bad games this year alone out of a possible 5 games. It all started with Wake, then USC, then Ball State, then Iowa State. We gave up the most yards of any of ISU's opponents this year. It's not like they've played a killer schedule with Kent State, Northern Illinois, etc. We allowed them over 100 plays in the game offensively. If our D was playing good or even average, there is no way they get 100 plays in a game. Against Wake, we allowed them to run the same friggin play over and over and over and over and over and over again. In 2 games this year, Coz and D have allowed opposing offenses to tie a record for the amount of points put up on NU in a quarter (21). In both games, they came in the third quarter. Coz is the master of deception and surprise. He's the king of adjustment!

People want to crucify Cosgrove for 2 bad games a year. Pelini had 3 bad games in 03. I guess everything is roses if you only choose to remember what you want to.

coz has no past record of excellence, period. he is just a crony of cally's and may end up costing cally his next extension in 2011!

Yeah, but would you be willing to give Cosgrove the head job based on that? That's my point. That's why I don't understand the bogasms, when he sucked too against good teams. Bo had no record of excellence, period. Would things have been different if he were head coach? Think about that one for a minute.

I think it's a sore subject to the 185 people who liked him, or else they are basing it on hindsight. I dont get the whole "look at what he's doing now" point of view. He was and is still just a D-Coordinator. Let ISU break in those guys with no coaching experience.

By the way bro, that was a great analogy you had. :thumbs

IMO, Pelini will be much more successful as HC somewhere else than he would have been here at NU. I'm betting he's the HC for Michigan next year. With their tradition, it's just as good of job as here. I think he's gained some valuable experience being on Stoops staff as well as Miles staff. I think he's now ready.

IMO, Pelini will be much more successful as HC somewhere else than he would have been here at NU. I'm betting he's the HC for Michigan next year. With their tradition, it's just as good of job as here. I think he's gained some valuable experience being on Stoops staff as well as Miles staff. I think he's now ready.

I agree with you that he has gained some valuable experience, no doubt. My thing is that he needs to start off somewhere small, like in the WAC or MAC, get some experience first and prove some success before he ever gets an offer from a prestigious football program - i.e., Nebraska, Michigan, Penn State, LSU, Florida, etc.

Remember Chizik was considered a defensive wizard at UT, and everyone had trouble against that defense. He's not doing so well at ISU, but maybe in time. But the point is that he is learning on the job. Not good enough here.

Let's see, I think I would prefer #11 in the country versus #75. How about you? Our D is ranked like #75 in the country while Pelini's finished the season at #11. We lost to KState which won the Big 12 and played in a BCS bowl, and we lost to Texas who nearly made a BCS bowl. This year, USC will be the only BCS bound team we play unless we somehow pull off winning the North. No way in hell this D ever makes it to #11 or better. Cosgrove has had 4 bad games this year alone out of a possible 5 games. It all started with Wake, then USC, then Ball State, then Iowa State. We gave up the most yards of any of ISU's opponents this year. It's not like they've played a killer schedule with Kent State, Northern Illinois, etc. We allowed them over 100 plays in the game offensively. If our D was playing good or even average, there is no way they get 100 plays in a game. Against Wake, we allowed them to run the same friggin play over and over and over and over and over and over again. In 2 games this year, Coz and D have allowed opposing offenses to tie a record for the amount of points put up on NU in a quarter (21). In both games, they came in the third quarter. Coz is the master of deception and surprise. He's the king of adjustment!

You completely missed the point bud.