Adrian Fiala ... ummm what????

He on the Big Red Wrap up has predicted a 38-35 Mizzou victory .......

is it just me, or should the color commentator for Husker football not say that in public?

I am in sports broadcasting for a not so great D-2 school and a bad h.s. team ... and if i feel that "my" team will lose ... i will say something like "it will be a tough battle" or something like that ...

but to come right out and predict your team to lose ... in my opinion , i think thats messed up !

or am i alone in this????

Unfortunately a lot of fans in Nebraska feel that way.

Those of little faith. Sad situation. I hoping they come out and really kick some a$$ this week end.

But as a fan base we are killing this team. Really hard to believe.

I guess it's one thing to have a fan "predict" we are gonna lose ... I myself on my sports radio show (in southern mo) said that nu may lose the usc game , but i added i hope not!

but for a member of the teams media to actually predict a loss is classless in my opinion

We need new radio personalities anyways.

i agree ... i kinda got myself thinkin that maybe im over reacting mainly cuz i have never really like Fiala ... but i just my myself in that same situation and again , maybe its just a personal choice, i just would never publicly predict "my" team to lose.

is it just me, or should the color commentator for Husker football not say that in public?

I am in sports broadcasting for a not so great D-2 school and a bad h.s. team ... and if i feel that "my" team will lose ... i will say something like "it will be a tough battle" or something like that ...

but to come right out and predict your team to lose ... in my opinion , i think thats messed up !

He probably shouldn't have said it, but maybe he said it to sort of cushion the blow. Who knows??

At least he makes it close!

Check it out for yourself:

http://netdb.unl.edu/bigredwrapup/

Fiala referred to Chase Daniel as 190# to 200#........ Daniel himself has stated that he's 225#.

Uhhh, Adrian, you're only off by the weight of a large puppy. chuckleshuffle

wow .... i didnt even notice Kugler's prediction for an NU loss.

so now im annoyed double what i was .... way to go big red media!!!!

Who cares what Fiala thinks? He isn't going to play the game. I'm not even going to listen to his commentary Saturday night. I think a 3 point loss is a generous prediction based upon how NU has fared in Columbia as of late. I doubt anyone on the team is shedding a tear because Fiala feels this way.

Frankly I'm glad he was honest. Going off his score prediction i'm sure he's thinking the same thing that many other people are thinking. Nebraska will be able to score points, but the defense won't be able to hold up. Broadcasters should be more than a bunch of talking head sunshine pumpers.

and, I do aree with this, but do you think they should of added something like "I hope we are wrong" or something like that?

and again, as I stated from the beginning.... it is just my own personal opinion as a fellow broadcaster that comming out and saying your team is going to lose is a little wrong.

I completely agree that Fiala shouldn't predict ANY games as a member of the Husker broadcast team. I believe the best broadcasters (i.e. play-by-play, color commentator, and sideline personnel) are completely NEUTRAL in their coverage of the game (both before, during and after). If Fiala wants to start predicting games or what not, let him quit being the color commentator and either be a writer or a "talking head" (either TV or Radio). I liken the difference in NFL to between the guys who do the pre-game/halftime commentary, and the guys who actually broadcast the game.

I was shocked. This is Misery we are talking about here. We will blow them out, and they will go into "piss it down their leg" overated mode. If I m wrong, I will return to the board and eat crow all week, but if the blowout happens I will say "I told you!" quite a lot.

P.S. I hope the players aren't as awe struck by this joke(Misery) as most of the fans on this board are. :box