Neb Road Woes

JHaWk

KU is playing well this year so far. The way I look at it is that after last weekend there is a storm brewing in the north. Being a Nebraska fan I follow my team one game at a time and Kansas right now is a game we'll be playing later for in this storm we must take one game at a time and make sure we keep winning. The Big Red will go down and show Columbia that we are indeed tough as rain :woo (whatever that means). Later, we'll focus on Kansas. Good luck to Kansas this weekend against KSU, this game will be telling as to Kansas's fortunes this year.

I hate to rain on your parade, but I don't think you beat KState. If you do, you can gladly come back on here and shout I told you so. IMO, KState is playing the best all around game in the Big 12 North so far this season. I'm just glad we get them at home!

I wouldn't worry much about the Jayhawkers until they beat a team in the top 125. As far as Kansas State, the way you beat them is take care of the football and kick the ball out of bounds against their special teams. I don't think Freeman can sustain offensive drives so you play ball control, don't take chances offensively and win the special teams. Both MU and Nebraska will beat K-State.

K-State beat a Texas team soundly, but Texas didn't take care of the game-plan above.

It's kind of funny how now after almost beating us on our homefield how great of a team Ball State is all of a sudden. I mean just because they haven't had a winning season in a decade and are a middle of the pack MAC team, now they could beat almost any of the teams we play from here on out?

Yeah, it's kinda funny... <_<

Well, truth be told, Ball State will get their opportunity to prove themselves worthy..... at the end of this month, they play Illinois in Champaign, then follow up -- with back-to-back Big 10/11 ball games -- at Indiana. I wouldn't be surprised if they're more than competitive on the road...... and they'll do well in the MAC, too. Time will tell....

KU is undefeated but who have you really played? Southeastern Louisiana? Toledo? FIU? Central Michigan? While I do not doubt that Kansas football is on the rise, you guys haven't played a worthy opponent all season until this weekend when you guys have to play a KSU team that just whipped, yes whipped, Texas in their own house! I love to see the North on the rise but I don't think KU is for real. We shall see though.

My thoughts exactly...... I only hope that KU is actually on the rise, and knocks off K-State from their thinly veiled, media-created pedestal. A KU win is better for NU's fortunes, IMO.

KU is undefeated but who have you really played? Southeastern Louisiana? Toledo? FIU? Central Michigan? While I do not doubt that Kansas football is on the rise, you guys haven't played a worthy opponent all season until this weekend when you guys have to play a KSU team that just whipped, yes whipped, Texas in their own house! I love to see the North on the rise but I don't think KU is for real. We shall see though.

My thoughts exactly...... I only hope that KU is actually on the rise, and knocks off K-State from their thinly veiled, media-created pedestal. A KU win is better for NU's fortunes, IMO.

I don't think there's any question KU is on the rise.

"ANY question" may be a bit premature, IMO...... if KU beats K-State, then I'd be willing to say that KU is on their way to truly being "on the rise" in the North. And I do hope that KU brings K-State down on Saturday.

"ANY question" may be a bit premature, IMO...... if KU beats K-State, then I'd be willing to say that KU is on their way to truly being "on the rise" in the North. And I do hope that KU brings K-State down on Saturday.

lol, all you have to do go back and look at KU's history to see that Mangino has the team on the rise. "On the rise" does not mean they're necessarily on their way to being a big power or a consistent contender for the title. It means they're improving, which they are. KU has had no place to go but up, and in recent years they've been improving. Hence, they're on the rise, without question.