Husker players mindsets today

i have read a few things from Culbert and Dillard and especially Keller about how the team is bonding and circling the wagons. Slauson has stepped up about the negativity being motivating.

haven't heard much from Q or Ruud about how it's not fun and their vaginas hurt recently. sounds like Dillard may start and Culbert will see some good action. we need to run the ball so maybe Castille will get on the field.

my point is, some poor play early in the year has exposed some of the softies and the younger guys who are simply hungry to play fast and get nasty are rising to the top. let the cream rise baby. let it rise.

i have read a few things from Culbert and Dillard and especially Keller about how the team is bonding and circling the wagons. Slauson has stepped up about the negativity being motivating.

haven't heard much from Q or Ruud about how it's not fun and their vaginas hurt recently. sounds like Dillard may start and Culbert will see some good action. we need to run the ball so maybe Castille will get on the field.

my point is, some poor play early in the year has exposed some of the softies and the younger guys who are simply hungry to play fast and get nasty are rising to the top. let the cream rise baby. let it rise.

I just have to ask this --- I am I --- are you in Junoor High School? Are there age limits for posting here? What would I give for you to, face to face with Ruud and McKeon say to them what you anonomously write. Please do not disparage people like Ruud and McKeon who are giving all they have to give.

I just have to ask this --- I am I --- are you in Junoor High School? Are there age limits for posting here? What would I give for you to, face to face with Ruud and McKeon say to them what you anonomously write. Please do not disparage people like Ruud and McKeon who are giving all they have to give.

I think even "junoor high schoolers" can spell. How old are you? Sorry if you are offended that our LB's can't be criticized. I'm drunk and even I can use decent grammar. (so far ;) ) If you remember, McKeon was pretty much agreeing with the scrutiny of his play, and he did look better last week. Start the passionate players. Start the hungry players. Start the desire. If they are 4th graders, who cares. I'll take a balls-to-the-wall walk-on before a 5-star starter who is going through the motions and not getting it done.

I think even "junoor high schoolers" can spell. How old are you? Sorry if you are offended that our LB's can't be criticized. I'm drunk and even I can use decent grammar. (so far ;) ) If you remember, McKeon was pretty much agreeing with the scrutiny of his play, and he did look better last week. Start the passionate players. Start the hungry players. Start the desire. If they are 4th graders, who cares. I'll take a balls-to-the-wall walk-on before a 5-star starter who is going through the motions and not getting it done.

I tell you what if the wife would let me I would definately try to walk on at NU because I have no regard for my own safety or body!!!! I would run and hit someone as hard as I could every play! That's what I want out of someone.............sometimes just pure nastyness can be better than some talent.

listen here robsker:

i have played college football. my dad played and coached @ Nebraska under Devaney and Osborne. then was a college coach for 25 years. don't lecture me on what it takes to play at this level. i was not fortunate to play for Nebraska but was on a very good DII school and started as a freshman. who are you to question my manhood? i get up sore in the morning and hurt in places i never thought i would and i'm only 30, all because i sold out on every play i was in because it could have been my last. and here's Q and Ruud talking about having their feelings hurt?!?

all i was saying was, pertaining to the original thread post was the mind set of the Huskers seems to be galvinizing and getting some intensity from our younger players. i can say whatever the hell i want to after Q goes in front of the media and says he's not having 'fun'.

if it takes a few younger guys like Culbert, Castille, and Dillard to shake things up and step up to the plate, then i hope they do. if you don't want to read some positive opinions or even some un-constructive criticism then don't come on this board.

i can say whatever i want. and if i was at a roundtable discussion with those guys, i would say, "hey, i know you're trying your best, but quit bitching about the media and fans and the pressure and go sell your body out to make a few plays and shut everybody up." i would say that, because i had people say it to me.

go big Red

listen here robsker:

i have played college football. my dad played and coached @ Nebraska under Devaney and Osborne. then was a college coach for 25 years. don't lecture me on what it takes to play at this level. i was not fortunate to play for Nebraska but was on a very good DII school and started as a freshman. who are you to question my manhood? i get up sore in the morning and hurt in places i never thought i would and i'm only 30, all because i sold out on every play i was in because it could have been my last. and here's Q and Ruud talking about having their feelings hurt?!?

all i was saying was, pertaining to the original thread post was the mind set of the Huskers seems to be galvinizing and getting some intensity from our younger players. i can say whatever the hell i want to after Q goes in front of the media and says he's not having 'fun'.

if it takes a few younger guys like Culbert, Castille, and Dillard to shake things up and step up to the plate, then i hope they do. if you don't want to read some positive opinions or even some un-constructive criticism then don't come on this board.

i can say whatever i want. and if i was at a roundtable discussion with those guys, i would say, "hey, i know you're trying your best, but quit bitching about the media and fans and the pressure and go sell your body out to make a few plays and shut everybody up." i would say that, because i had people say it to me.

go big Red

Nice post brother and I agree that if it takes younger guys to get it done then that's what needs to happen.

listen here robsker:

go big Red

:ochuckleshuffle:o

listen here robsker:

go big Red

I never questioned your manhood, such a thing never crossed my mind --- I simply was pointing out how it is so like a junior high school kid to impugn the manhood of others ---especially people we do not know and who cannot possibly be there to defend themselves from accusation. It is very easy to call out others --- and not so easy to be constructive. So.... my point is that we should be above such things at this point and simply try to be constructive --- or, at least civil within the framework of our criticism. Perhaps I should not have used such sarcasm to point out that we should be adult about how it is we express our views.